Pets Being Stolen - Keep And Eye On Your Furry Friends

Topic locked
Pets being stolen - keep and eye on your furry friends Feb 26, 2006
Dubai Municipality has today issued a warning to pet owners in Jumeirah, Barsha and Mirdiff to keep and eye on their cats and dogs, after a recent spate of reported thefts.

People have been reporting a gang travelling around in a van, who lure friendly cats and dogs to them, then take them away.

Many of the animals end up for sale in the Sharjah animal market where pedigree animals fetch high prices, otherwise they're taken to be used in illegal dog fights.

So if you have a cat or dog, make sure you know where they are and don't let them go running off on their own. Difficult for cats I know, but better than ending up as dog bait.

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 26, 2006
what a sad news....what im really sad is that these dogs are going to be fighters....ive done it for how many years in the philippines but im in breeding and conditioning of pit bulls but i have to admit that im cryin while watching now my videos with those animals so i came back with a heart now.....im now one promoting for proper welfare of animals and don't want to do it again...
esthers
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 26, 2006
Well I'm so glad you changed your ways as I cannot for the life of me figure how human beings would get pleasure out of watching animlas rip each other to shreads. It's cruel it's vicious and also to use smaller dogs as attack bait is horrific. It's a disgusting practice.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 26, 2006
I certainly hope there will be municipality staff and police making their presence more prominent in those areas. Those petnappers need to be caught and punished.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Feb 26, 2006
chip in under the skin or tracking device gps ? hmmmmmm i guess it wont be just for our pets but our kids too :( (illuminati conspiracy)

http://www.greaterthings.com/News/Chip_Implants/

http://cats.about.com/b/a/100190.htm

"I like to move it, move it, i like to google google, I like to- Google"

:read2:
boostah
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 26, 2006
Boostah,

Municipality officers don't carry micro-ship scanners, only the vets have them, so sadly it's a bit useless here.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 28, 2006
i dunno about officers but you can buy those tags collars for gps tracking although prbably expensive and i guess theyd probably just take the collar off aswell so..yeah pitty the chip dont work although im not in favour of humans having chips implanted, nor id cards

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... illuminati
boostah
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 28, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Well I'm so glad you changed your ways as I cannot for the life of me figure how human beings would get pleasure out of watching animlas rip each other to shreads. It's cruel it's vicious and also to use smaller dogs as attack bait is horrific. It's a disgusting practice.

yes it is a disgrace coz my mom is a real animal lover and im hiding the whole thing in our farm...i hate seeing the dogs screaming and force to fight....it is not their instict to fight but the trainor will have a program for them to study how to fight...they are pit bulls who are born fighters but they will learn first the techniques to win the match....

im active now on conformation and showing of this lovely breeds as the saying goes " PUNISH THE DEED, NOT THE BREED "
esthers
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 28, 2006
maybe they have the satellite based or have a center for scanning for them to locate our furry friends location...the chip can be sensed but a little bit expensive to do it....but worthy....
esthers
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 01, 2006
kanelli wrote:I certainly hope there will be municipality staff and police making their presence more prominent in those areas. Those petnappers need to be caught and punished.

but what about Catnappers ? :?

:P :P
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat