Letter From A Dog - Very Sad And Moving

Topic locked
Re: Letter From A Dog - Very Sad And Moving Jun 15, 2011
I've met one of those birds before and they seem like very smart and fun pets. :)

kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

symmetric wrote:I know how bad it feels to lose a pet. I lost two grey african parrots in the past (due to viral diseases),(insert full stop and start with capital) I took them to the vet. several times, and spent a lot of money as wel. two "l"s in WELL or adopt the word "also. One of them broke his leg as well repetitive but if you cant shake off, use also again as he was playing. I The vet as we assume you do not have x-ray facilities or experience to diagnose???? X-rayed him twice and it was way far more much expensive than when compared to a a human X-ray. an xray conducted on a human (assume that there is no such thing except in Superman comics that a human X-ray does not exist????

Now we need a little bit of work on this one to make the English and grammar have a bit more clarity

-- Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:02 pm --

desertdudeshj wrote:The stars must be out of alignment misaligned or maybe its got to do delete "DO" something insert, related to the with the up comming lunar eclispe eclipse unless you have a lisp? later in the evening but I actually totally agree with BM on this !!!
spellcheckergirl
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oh FFS give it up drew.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

desertdudeshj wrote:Oh FFS give it up drew.

Drew? :shock:
Bethsmum

Re: Letter from a dog - very sad and moving Jun 15, 2011
Do you know what BM, if you don't have anything nice to say, then just keep schtum hey - just because you don't agree, does not give you the right to try and make others feel bad for the way they feel. That little dog saw me through thick and thin, I brought her and my cat to Dubai with me - she was amazing. More loyal than the majority of people I know!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

I was about 6 years old when I found honey bee whilst walking home from school. It couldn't fly, so I picked it up and cupped it in both my hands. It didn't sting me or try to get away. I thought about taking it home to look after, but then realised that it would never be able to fly or return to its hive.
I remember crying after squashing it.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

benwj wrote:I was about 6 years old when I found honey bee whilst walking home from school. It couldn't fly, so I picked it up and cupped it in both my hands. It didn't sting me or try to get away. I thought about taking it home to look after, but then realised that it would never be able to fly or return to its hive.

It was probably already dying! Honey bees die after they've stung something, their sting comes out their body, it's not retractable like Bumble bees. So you probably did it a favour.

There's your zoology lesson for the day.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Needless to say, I was too young to know that all bees are women either chocs! :lol: :lol: :lol:
benwj

benwj wrote:Needless to say, I was too young to know that all bees are women either chocs! :lol: :lol: :lol:

All bees aren't women! :roll:
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

I'm a dogs person. Love them. But I think in the end their loyalty is to whom gives them food.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Speaking of loyalty.
She feeds him, she loves him, thats why she'll be back agan-an.
benwj

Chocoholic wrote:Do you know what BM, if you don't have anything nice to say, then just keep schtum hey - just because you don't agree, does not give you the right to try and make others feel bad for the way they feel. That little dog saw me through thick and thin, I brought her and my cat to Dubai with me - she was amazing. More loyal than the majority of people I know!

Hey it's a free forum Chocs! I've got the right to say what I think, just as you do, and you do a lot as far as I remember.

I can't bloody stand all that sentimental shite. It was a bloody dog for Christ's sake! An animal. I've had dogs too you know and still have. I brought two Jack Russels back from Germany, paid for them thro quarentine, visited them and put up with them when they pi**ed on my new carpets when they forgot how to be house trained. But I drew the line when one bit me on the backside and they were straight down the vets and wooooshed. Beth's never bit me on the ar*e, yet.
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:I drew the line when one bit me on the backside

:lol: :lol: :lol:
benwj

Bethsmum wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Do you know what BM, if you don't have anything nice to say, then just keep schtum hey - just because you don't agree, does not give you the right to try and make others feel bad for the way they feel. That little dog saw me through thick and thin, I brought her and my cat to Dubai with me - she was amazing. More loyal than the majority of people I know!

Hey it's a free forum Chocs! I've got the right to say what I think, just as you do, and you do a lot as far as I remember.

I can't bloody stand all that sentimental shite. It was a bloody dog for Christ's sake! An animal. I've had dogs too you know and still have. I brought two Jack Russels back from Germany, paid for them thro quarentine, visited them and put up with them when they pi**ed on my new carpets when they forgot how to be house trained. But I drew the line when one bit me on the backside and they were straight down the vets and wooooshed. Beth's never bit me on the ar*e, yet.

You still don't have the right to make others feel bad BM. Just because YOU don't care - sometimes just be quiet yeah?!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

desertdudeshj wrote:Oh FFS give it up drew.

??? Not knowing what talking about DDS!
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

Riiiight.
desertdudeshj

benwj wrote:I was about 6 years old when I found honey bee whilst walking home from school. It couldn't fly, so I picked it up and cupped it in both my hands. It didn't sting me or try to get away. I thought about taking it home to look after, but then realised that it would never be able to fly or return to its hive.

You wanted to look after a bee? how cute! when I was a kid, my cousin and I used to play with bees and worms. Made the bees to sting worms, so they would swell. Well now i think it was a mean game! :lol:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

desertdudeshj wrote:Riiiight.

Three I.s?????????????

This is shocking DDS.....................shocking!
spellcheckergirl
Dubai Forums Frequenter

melika969 wrote: when I was a kid, my cousin and I used to play with bees and worms. Made the bees to sting worms, so they would swell. Well now i think it was a mean game! :lol:

melika969! I'm shocked, and there was BM thinking you were a sweet girl! LOL!!
I hope you've got your tin hat on mel as I can only imagine the verbal onslaught from Kanelli and Chocs for serious animal cruelty.

Are worms animals? :idea:

-- Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:41 pm --

Chocoholic wrote:You still don't have the right to make others feel bad BM. Just because YOU don't care - sometimes just be quiet yeah?!

Take a chill pill Chocs.

Seriously, a letter from a dog? LOL
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:
melika969 wrote: when I was a kid, my cousin and I used to play with bees and worms. Made the bees to sting worms, so they would swell. Well now i think it was a mean game! :lol:

melika969! I'm shocked, and there was BM thinking you were a sweet girl! LOL!!
I hope you've got your tin hat on mel as I can only imagine the verbal onslaught from Kanelli and Chocs for serious animal cruelty.

Are worms animals? :idea:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
well I think I dont take them as animals as well. I was quite nice to cats, dogs and chickens though! ;)

I always liked the idea to get a dog, but my sis never let me! :oops: so once we went to a short trip with our friends. one of them brought his little dog, it was very young and it used to pee all over the place!!!! I was so pissed that I decided I never want one. One of my colleague told me a story of how her friend's little dog bit her nose off her face when she was upset! I don't know if this is true or not, but Im totally not gonna get any pet dog!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

melika969 wrote:I always liked the idea to get a dog, but my sis never let me! :oops: so once we went to a short trip with our friends. one of them brought his little dog, it was very young and it used to pee all over the place!!!! I was so pissed that I decided I never want one. One of my colleague told me a story of how her friend's little dog bit his nose off her face when she was upset! I don't know if this is true or not, but I totally not gonna get any pet dog!

Never trust a dog mel, they can be very vicious indeed for no apparent reason :shock:
I know from when my faithful friend bit my derierre. The two of them were working as a team, one got me to bend over to stroke it while it's mate ran round the back and took a chunk out of me. That's the gratitude I got for looking after them for 6 years. They were history the next day.
Bethsmum

Re: Letter From A Dog - Very Sad And Moving Jun 16, 2011
This is bordering on the clinically insane now ! Maybe she got traumatising letter from a cat :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTTwcCVa ... r_embedded
desertdudeshj

I have a freind who owns a dog the size of a medium sized horse! She insists its very gentle.
The dog has taken a liking to me, and much as I like to avoid it, it insists on putting both its paws on my shoulders whenever we meet. We usually end up in a sort of a saint vituses dance, going backwards and forwards for a few minutes before we are seperated. The worst was once when I was talking to my freind, my arm casually wrapped over the sofa for extra style, when I felt something hot on my fingers which made me jump out of my skin!! Her dog had decided to lick my hand!! Most embarassing.
I am not looking forward to getting a love letter from her dog!! :P :drunken:
zonker
BANNED

zonker wrote:I have a freind who owns a dog the size of a medium sized horse! She insists its very gentle.
The dog has taken a liking to me, and much as I like to avoid it, it insists on putting both its paws on my shoulders whenever we meet. We usually end up in a sort of a saint vituses dance, going backwards and forwards for a few minutes before we are seperated. The worst was once when I was talking to my freind, my arm casually wrapped over the sofa for extra style, when I felt something hot on my fingers which made me jump out of my skin!! Her dog had decided to lick my hand!! Most embarassing.
I am not looking forward to getting a love letter from her dog!! :P :drunken:

A Great Dane then - they scare the heck out of me! A friend has 5 of those dogs and it's always intimidating to say the least when I go for a visit.

Anyway, really not interested in those of you taking the p*ss. Those of us that are touched by such things, know what joy a pet can bring and how much a big part of a family they are. I just feel pity and sadness for the rest of you.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Letter from a dog - very sad and moving Jun 16, 2011
I just feel pity and sadness for the rest of you.

I'm feeling your pain Chocs

About 7 years ago I bought Beth a Westie puppy for Christmas ( i know Chocs, a dog is for life and not just for Christmas, but I figured as long as he didn't bite me, he'd be safe)

We got the puppy on Christmas Eve, he was just 8 weeks old and howled the whole night. I felt sure that if I faced another sleepless night, that dog wouldn't see Boxing Day, so on Christmas morning we gave Alfie (the dog) one of Beth's old teddies for company.

How Alfie loved that teddy!

After Christmas lunch all the family gathered around and sat in front of a blazing fire to watch the Queen's Christmas message on BBC1 at 3pm. Our viewing was rudely interupted when Alfie tried to shag the arse off the teddy which was at least twice the size of him.

We still have Alfue and he is still trying to shag the teddy.

This is him giving the teddy a post shag cuddle.

049.JPG
Bethsmum

Re: Letter From A Dog - Very Sad And Moving Jun 17, 2011
Dogs should never be jumping up and putting paws on shoulders - that means the dog is poorly trained. Especially terrifying when such a large breed of dog!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat