I think I'm gonna be sad,
I think it's today, yeah.
The girl that's driving me mad
Is going away.

She's got a ticket to ri-hide,
She's got a ticket to ri-hi-hide,
She's got a ticket to ride,
But she don't care.

I was giving the Beatles a listen on the way to work and was wondering, what makes you sad?

Don’t give me all the saving the hungry children bull, what really makes you sad?

I was passing the jewellers yesterday lunch time and I spied the most beautiful diamond ring. It was only £2795. It made me really sad that I couldn’t have it.

Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: I think I'm Gonna Be Sad, I Think It's Today, yeah Apr 12, 2011
umm... its an interesting question...never really thought about it -but I'm thinking know; tic, tac, tic, tac, tic, tac, tic, tac, tic, tac, tic, tac, tic, tac, tic, tac, tic, tac, tic, tac, tic, tac, tic, tac, tic, tac, tic, tac, tic, tac,...can't come up with anything....(other than that things sounding like "bull")... will get back to you on this...
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Leonard Cohen makes me sad, one of the most important and influential songwriters of our time if you can bear his monotone delivery, he's enough to tip the average clinically depressed suicidal!

:lol: :lol:
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: I Think I'm Gonna Be Sad, I Think It's Today, Yeah Apr 12, 2011
BM, I did a quick search of Google on sadness (I am a Google Scholar! :lol: ) and came up with this on Wikipedia:

"Sadness is an emotion characterized by feelings of disadvantage, loss, helplessness, sorrow, and rage. When sad, people often become outspoken, less energetic, and emotional. Crying is an indication of sadness.
Sadness can be viewed as a temporary lowering of mood, whereas depression is characterized by a persistent and intense lowered mood, as well as disruption to one's ability to function in day to day matters."

A few words that stand out there: feelings of disadvantage, helplessness, and rage. Temporary.

As to what would make me sad?.........The sadness of a friend!
So, go and get that diamond ring! Surely, I'll win the lottery one of these days, and will pay for it! :D
zonker
BANNED

zonker wrote: As to what would make me sad?.........The sadness of a friend!
So, go and get that diamond ring! Surely, I'll win the lottery one of these days, and will pay for it! :D

Every woman should have one like you Zonker! You sound like BM's ideal man! :love4:
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

BM, don't stop at the ring!!! Get the whole damn set!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

didnt like them insects much
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

as well as disruption to one's ability to function in day to day matters.

I turn out to be a food basket when i am depressed...
generally i get sad when I am doing something against my well, or can't do something I want to do... I think this is the simplest definition, but will think of examples..............
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

-Im sad because I donot see my children as much as I would like because of work. Not so long ago, one hugged me crying while I was asleep in the middle of the night. When I asked whats the matter, the reply was "you are leaving tomorrow and that makes me very sad and makes me cry". Needless to say that ripped my heart in two. Seeing them again and their smiles makes me very happy though.

-Missing my friends birthday a few days ago also made me sad.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat