Some Very Sad News.

Topic locked
Some Very Sad News. Oct 12, 2012
I received an email this morning with some very sad news. I thought I'd share it with you.

Anyone who has been around DF for a little while will remember Tom Jones.

The email, from a friend of his, informed me that TJ had tragically died 10 days ago. The friend continued to say that Tom had been his dearest friend and was the nicest and bravest man he had ever known. He was not at liberty to say how Tom had died.

Although I never met Tom, we became friends via DF and exchanged emails. I fully endorse that Tom was the nicest and bravest of men. I felt so sad to receive this news. The world will be the worst for his passing.

My thoughts go out to his wife and family, who he adored.

I've spent the last couple of hours thinking about Tom since I heard the news and can't remember him having a single cross word with anyone here. I think the only time he got a bit shirty was when he said he looked a bit like Tom Selleck and someone asked if he had the same 'gay' moustache. That made me smile through my sadness.

Tom always finished his emails to me by saying he was having a Becks and he would raise his bottle to me. Tonight it's my turn to have a Becks and I will raise my glass to him and say God Bless you Tom, may you rest in peace.

BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: Some Very Sad News. Oct 12, 2012
Sorry to hear that.
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

Farewell my friend, farewell.

The only easy day was yesterday.

You were a gentle warrior and a good friend.

I salute you, and thank you.

Farewell.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

"Sleep after toil, port after stormy seas,
Peace after war,
Death after life does greatly please." (Edmund Spenser in 'The Faerie Queen)

My commiserations to all those who knew Tom Jones.
Frequentflier
Dubai forums Addict

May your soul rest in eternal peace
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Some Very Sad News. Oct 13, 2012
My condolences, RIP!
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

I just want to give a little insight to Tom. Tom wasn't just some nice guy on a forum.

Tom was a man that was dedicated to his faith, dedicated to his "job", and dedicated to his wife and children - giving 100% to each. He wasn't out to get "the bad guy", but to stop the "bad guy". He believed that he was making the world a little bit safer. If he was here and learned of Malala's fate he would have mixed emotions. Saddened by the events that took place because a little girl - 11 years old - named Malala, stood up for freedom. But he would also understand that his presence made a difference - helping someone and hopefully others to realize the wrong when made to be silenced and the wrong in suppressing freedom.

I will never forget Tom or Malala, and people who care don't forget Malala. I hope, as Tom would, that someone will be brave enought to take up her cause for the right to be free, to understand that her cause was bigger than life itself, as was Tom's life.

I cried when I received the message about Tom. I still cry for him and for his family. Really, really good people in so many ways. I feel honored for knowing him as he let me into his life and he shared so much with me. I'm sad that we won't have the opportunity to meet up as we had hoped to., but he will always be a good memory for me.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Oh that's very sad news to hear indeed. RIP Tom - onwards and upwards.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Never met Tom but he sounds like a great guy. RIP and best wishes to his family and loved ones...
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: Some Very Sad News. Oct 14, 2012
RIP big fella, you will be missed.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Some Very Sad News. Oct 14, 2012
Sorry to hear the news. RIP.

Condolences to all who knew him.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique