Sad To Read Story Like This ...

Topic locked
Sad to read story like this ... Feb 13, 2008
Sharjah: The father of a killer has offered an unlimited amount of blood money to the murder victim's parents to pardon him, court sources told Gulf News.

The parents have already refused Dh1m in blood money (diya) and have demanded their son's killer be executed. The victim, a Palestinian in his twenties, was playing with his son in a Sharjah shopping mall when he was murdered by M.A., an Emirati, over a disagreement concerning their children in the mall's play area.

The victim's wife was in hospital at the time giving birth to their second child.

The victim asked the other child to share a toy, but the child's mother grew angry and started to swear at the victim and his son. She called her husband on the phone and told him a man was disturbing her son.

Several minutes later, M.A. rushed to the play area with a metal tool. The woman pointed to the victim and without saying a word and in front of the children, M.A. hit the victim on the head. He later died in hospital.

The Sharia Court of First Instance in Sharjah handed down the death sentence which was upheld by the Appeal Court and also confirmed by the Supreme Court in Abu Dhabi.

The appeal court in Sharjah is liaising with the Sharia court in Jordan where the victim's family lives to get a reply regarding the new offer by the killer's father.

BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Feb 13, 2008
Harsh...
:shock:
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 13, 2008
Meh....

That's their belief, who are we to judge?
craigindubai
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 13, 2008
Obviously you missed the point of this thread. It's not the court's verdict that is sad, its the fact that some father would just hit another child on the head and kill him !!! :shock:
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Feb 13, 2008
BabyDoll wrote:Obviously you missed the point of this thread. It's not the court's verdict that is sad, its the fact that some father would just hit another child on the head and kill him !!! :shock:

hmm Did i miss something here as well?? I thought its the 20yr old who got killed..
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Feb 13, 2008
You really, really, really, really should read the article thoroughly and know the facts before becoming so indignant. Saves for embarassing moments like this one.
craigindubai
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 13, 2008
The murdered man was with his son in a mall - his son wants to play with a toy, the other boy's mother gets angry and calls her husband who ends up killing the first man.

The first man's wife is in hospital giving birth and he gets murdered in front of his son.

I can therefore understand the grief of this man's family and why they would refuse the blood money. I'm not sure I could forgive such a crime and hope none of us have to make such a choice.

I'm not sure I could justify taking money so that the killer could go free.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 13, 2008
shafique wrote:The murdered man was with his son in a mall - his son wants to play with a toy, the other boy's mother gets angry and calls her husband who ends up killing the first man.

The first man's wife is in hospital giving birth and he gets murdered in front of his son.

I can therefore understand the grief of this man's family and why they would refuse the blood money. I'm not sure I could forgive such a crime and hope none of us have to make such a choice.

Cheers,
Shafique

Hmm sad.. I think the court should order an x million amnt to be payed and then handout the harshest punishment to the criminal.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Feb 13, 2008
shafique wrote:The murdered man was with his son in a mall - his son wants to play with a toy, the other boy's mother gets angry and calls her husband who ends up killing the first man.

Cheers,
Shafique

well said 8)
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 13, 2008
8)
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Feb 13, 2008
8)
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Feb 13, 2008
Is it the case here that if the Blood Money was accepted, the murderer would go free or would he just avoid execution?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 13, 2008
Not sure, link maybe? :)

But I think the man should be executed. No justification whatsoever for the murder. This is assuming that what was written is all true.
MC
Dubai forums Addict

A different perspective Feb 13, 2008
An eye for and eye makes the whole world go blind.

Just what to the victim's gain be demanding that the murder be executed? Are they goign to get their son back?
crvlvr
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 13, 2008
Justice will be served and people will be deterred. It works.

It was plain murder with no notable justification.

Oh and not to mention the fact that he murdered him in front of his son!
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 14, 2008
Was it murder.. or manslaughter?
craigindubai
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 14, 2008
maybe this will help

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/6232

(puls i am starting my 20 newbie reply count before i post my topic)
coolcisum
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 14, 2008
shafique wrote:I'm not sure I could forgive such a crime and hope none of us have to make such a choice.

Neither can I, theres no justification for what he did, after reading the story his ego and arrogance is way too obvious knowing he has very rich father who will back him.
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 14, 2008
Another confirmation of the stereotypical image of these folks..

Last week, an old woman in abaya was screaming at us to move away from the side of a carnival ride as she can't see the view. I'm glad she just called the police and not her husband. The police just shooed us away.

By the way, why is the thread moved here? Is it a cultural thing really?
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Feb 14, 2008
the fact that it happened in front of children makes me cringe...
if I would be a judge I would give him "life" and order the family to pay out pension to victims family until their children hit 19 and will be able to stand on their own...
JMK
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat