Learn How Filipinas Verses Non-Filipinas Look!!!

Topic locked
Apr 13, 2009
raidah wrote:
puppypup wrote:On the topic of hair. How could I be Filipina or Asian? I'm so hairy that I'm a forest. I have a unibrow. I wax or thread my Frida Kahlo mustache. My baby fine hair gets disheveled the moment I step outdoors. It frizzes it in the rain.

Don't East or Southeast Asians have smooth hairless skin? Perfect hair in all kinds of weather?

Think about it. :scratch:[/quote

you have mustachio? :P

She does have this, she said:

The UNIBROW......god she's adorable :puke:

RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 13, 2009
was trying to find a pic of those typical server girls you see in the hotels. chubby, very young, healthy looking cheeks and thick mustache. they are actually cute :lol:
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 14, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
raidah wrote:
puppypup wrote:On the topic of hair. How could I be Filipina or Asian? I'm so hairy that I'm a forest. I have a unibrow. I wax or thread my Frida Kahlo mustache. My baby fine hair gets disheveled the moment I step outdoors. It frizzes it in the rain.

Don't East or Southeast Asians have smooth hairless skin? Perfect hair in all kinds of weather?

Think about it. :scratch:[/quote

you have mustachio? :P

How come no one mentioned the wooden yellow teeth?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 14, 2009
That is because of the added drama, sweetz.

By the way, we men rather don't look that long at Ugly. You know that :lol:
RobbyG

Apr 14, 2009
RobbyG wrote:

OK I won't fight, you saw her first.....
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 14, 2009
raidah wrote:was trying to find a pic of those typical server girls you see in the hotels. chubby, very young, healthy looking cheeks and thick mustache. they are actually cute :lol:

They're pilipina, you'll start her off again!
:D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 14, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

OK I won't fight, you saw her first.....

Wow, you gave up so quickly. I said you were a gentleman.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 14, 2009
'discretion is the better part of valour'
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 14, 2009
whats wrong with being called a filipino woman? These women are tantalizing and sensual and attractive - with no strings attached ( at least thats what I think) ask any man that......Besides filipinos are fun they always have a smile on their face, thats what I like best about them.
And did I mention they are well groomed...how could a woman with a unibrow be mistaken for a filipino? It's an insult to all attractive Filipino women, not the other way round!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 14, 2009
Did you read the original post? or just look at the last page?

The other nice thing about Filipino's is that all of them think they can sing!! Everywhere you go they are singing, singing, singing.

Now that I think about it, it actually gets on my nerves. And please don't tell me it's because they are "happy" people. I'm happy and don't need to sing everywhere I go and irritate everyone around me.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 14, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:Did you read the original post? or just look at the last page?

The other nice thing about Filipino's is that all of them think they can sing!! Everywhere you go they are singing, singing, singing.

Now that I think about it, it actually gets on my nerves. And please don't tell me it's because they are "happy" people. I'm happy and don't need to sing everywhere I go and irritate everyone around me.

so true. behind the counter, in the washroom, on the street, in the office :lol: all the time they sing and all women have as ringtone some cheesy filipino song or beyonce
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 14, 2009
well I assure you when I step up to the counter they stop singing! It's more like swooning 8) :lol:

I like gamer women...and I see many filipino women with a psp, that's an instant attraction for me. And they are well dressed, they know what to show and what not to. :wink: As I mentioned earlier they are also well groomed.

I like Filipino women I have no problems with em.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 14, 2009
Not all of us are fond of 'singing', I myself am annoyed with that trait. :roll: If you happen to have a filipino neighbor, expect them to fill your weekend nights with their wailing and belting. I wish those videoke systems get banned here! lol.
I am a happy person too, but I also do not feel the need to 'sing it', especially when I know I don't have the talent to do so. :)

On topic, the only people I most probably will mistake for a filipina are the indonesians and malaysians.
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Apr 14, 2009
Laa Laa Laa Laa Da Da De Dum
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 14, 2009
Since we're singing I dedicate a song To ma filipina ladies out there 8)

Wild thing...you make my heart sing...
You make everything
Groovy
I said wild thing...

Wild thing, I think I love you
But I wanna know for sure
Come on, hold me tight
I love you

Wild thing...you make my heart sing...
You make everything
Groovy
I said wild thing...

Wild thing, I think you move me
But I wanna know for sure
So come on, hold me tight
You move me

Wild Thing you make my thing
Go Ding Ding
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 14, 2009
Many of them do have a good voice.
Snow
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 14, 2009
They are like a fly buzzing around in your ear. It can be very annoying. Everywhere you go there is singing if there is a filipino around - even if there is just one of them!

And you can forget about it if you are in a store that has music playing - they are all singing!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 14, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:They are like a fly buzzing around in your ear. It can be very annoying. Everywhere you go there is singing if there is a filipino around - even if there is just one of them!

And you can forget about it if you are in a store that has music playing - they are all singing!!!

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

you made me laugh... I thought its only me noticed this and annoyed everytime find them singing... this is very true :lol:
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Apr 14, 2009
quatroporte wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:They are like a fly buzzing around in your ear. It can be very annoying. Everywhere you go there is singing if there is a filipino around - even if there is just one of them!

you made me laugh... I thought its only me noticed this and annoyed everytime find them singing... this is very true :lol:

Yeah, I don't know if I should join in (I'm not filipino) or just leave the store. If you interrupt them they seemed a bit put off.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 14, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
quatroporte wrote:

Yeah, I don't know if I should join in (I'm not filipino) or just leave the store. If you interrupt them they seemed a bit put off.

You actually interrupted someone from singing/humming to oneself?
How did u manage that? And anyone would be peeved if u just intruded their personal space like that.......
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 14, 2009
In a job as boring as a salesperson standing around all day, can't blame them really. I'd rather see them singing than just staring blankly somewhere. :)
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Apr 14, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
quatroporte wrote:

How did u manage that? And anyone would be peeved if u just intruded their personal space like that.......

Well obviously you have nothing between your ears or you would have noticed and been aware of this, but I guess you get out much. I said put off, not peeved. And it's not their personal space when they are working. Actually, it's my personal space as a customer. I don't think they are getting paid to "entertain" the customer.

They can sing and hum all they want, just do it at home.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 14, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
quatroporte wrote:

Well obviously you have nothing between your ears or you would have noticed and been aware of this, but I guess you get out much. I said put off, not peeved. And it's not their personal space when they are working. Actually, it's my personal space as a customer. I don't think they are getting paid to "entertain" the customer.

So tell us how did u approach a filipino singing and tell her to stop? And what was the reaction?

And no I haven't seen too many filipinos just wandering around or working with a jingle on their lips.....When I enter a store, they smile politely and if I engage them in a discussion they converse very cheerfully.
Offcourse if ur in a music store, then its alrit to hum...C'mon don't be so finicky Bora.
What I do hate is when I sit in a cab, the cabbie plays some of his native tunes. Now that really gets to me......
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 14, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
quatroporte wrote:

So tell us how did u approach a filipino singing and tell her to stop? And what was the reaction?

And no I haven't seen too many filipinos just wandering around or working with a jingle on their lips.....When I enter a store, they smile politely and if I engage them in a discussion they converse very cheerfully.
Offcourse if ur in a music store, then its alrit to hum...C'mon don't be so finicky Bora.
What I do hate is when I sit in a cab, the cabbie plays some of his native tunes. Now that really gets to me......

Again you need correction. I never approached a filipino who was singing and tell her to stop.

And, I know, they stop singing because they are overwhelmed by the good looks blinding them.

In the cab, do what I do, ask them to change the station. I am not paying to listen to music that sounds like gutteral gurgling. Maybe I'm being over the top - maybe its because I would like to sing along and can't - NOT!!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 14, 2009
Singing is part of the Filipino culture -- along with eating (5 times a day in a typical Filipino family, Breakfast, mid-day snack (mirienda), Lunch, mid-day snack in the afternoon (followed by siesta) and Dinner...and different activities such as family outing (the whole clan), etc...

To enlighten you a bit, this attitude is derived from our outlook towards "family". Generally, people from the Philippines are family-oriented. Activities done with the whole family enables us to strengthen the bind of each member as such. This is why activities such as singing is very popular because of being a fun activity at home (through a videoke system) regardless of how ugly your voice is (since it's within the family, nobody really cares).

From that dimension it had been extended in friends houses, then colleagues, and well...the nation. One big family.

The culture of eating is the same. Eating together creates an ambiance of togetherness. It is also extended to the neighbors. When we cook some special dish or extra food, we deliver it to our neighbors for free. "This is for you, try this out, it's quite nice"...and the neighbors does the same.

Philippines is a poor country but we do have rich culture. Sometimes, it's sad to hear how other people ridicule the society just because of the minority in Dubai, or UAE for that matter, that does not represent the whole community.

Talk to a person who visited the Philippines and was able to spend some time in the provinces where normal family lives and you will be shocked to know how they would talk about the hospitality of the people.

Even if we have only one bed at home, it MUST be given to the visitor. Even if we have only one meal left to eat, we would wholeheartedly offer it to our visitor.

Might be wrong that such dimension would reach a remote land where our culture is exposed to people who would not understand the reason behind such acts, but that's what make us learn something new from somebody.

The first time I heard an Arab fart out in the open, then the same Arab got upset when somebody else burp in an open...I asked myself, which is more disgusting? eh?

:lol:
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 14, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
quatroporte wrote:

I knew you were a mean Kitty. I knew it.... :lol:
RobbyG

Apr 14, 2009
farthestpoint wrote:Singing is part of the Filipino culture -- along with eating (5 times a day in a typical Filipino family, Breakfast, mid-day snack (mirienda), Lunch, mid-day snack in the afternoon (followed by siesta) and Dinner...and different activities such as family outing (the whole clan), etc...

To enlighten you a bit, this attitude is derived from our outlook towards "family". Generally, people from the Philippines are family-oriented. Activities done with the whole family enables us to strengthen the bind of each member as such. This is why activities such as singing is very popular because of being a fun activity at home (through a videoke system) regardless of how ugly your voice is (since it's within the family, nobody really cares).

From that dimension it had been extended in friends houses, then colleagues, and well...the nation. One big family.

The culture of eating is the same. Eating together creates an ambiance of togetherness. It is also extended to the neighbors. When we cook some special dish or extra food, we deliver it to our neighbors for free. "This is for you, try this out, it's quite nice"...and the neighbors does the same.

Philippines is a poor country but we do have rich culture. Sometimes, it's sad to hear how other people ridicule the society just because of the minority in Dubai, or UAE for that matter, that does not represent the whole community.

Talk to a person who visited the Philippines and was able to spend some time in the provinces where normal family lives and you will be shocked to know how they would talk about the hospitality of the people.

Even if we have only one bed at home, it MUST be given to the visitor. Even if we have only one meal left to eat, we would wholeheartedly offer it to our visitor.

Might be wrong that such dimension would reach a remote land where our culture is exposed to people who would not understand the reason behind such acts, but that's what make us learn something new from somebody.

The first time I heard an Arab fart out in the open, then the same Arab got upset when somebody else burp in an open...I asked myself, which is more disgusting? eh?

:LOL:

I didn't bother reading your history. I don't care if your entire country sings, I find it very annoying and you should keep in mind that you are not in the Phillipines.

And everyone farts, including you, but it doesn't have be done in public. So lets agree that farting and singing should be done privately or amongst those who want to join in.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 14, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
quatroporte wrote:

Again you need correction. I never approached a filipino who was singing and tell her to stop.

And, I know, they stop singing because they are overwhelmed by the good looks blinding them.

In the cab, do what I do, ask them to change the station. I am not paying to listen to music that sounds like gutteral gurgling. Maybe I'm being over the top - maybe its because I would like to sing along and can't - NOT!!!!

:lol: Gutteral Gurgling :lol: fab lingo Bora Bora.

It's just people in the UAE are so monotonous. Everytime I step out, everyone's in a hurry, in their suits, abayas....dour, straight faced people. They remind me of walking zombies....Just no personality. the only time a stranger smiles at you is when he wants something from you!
And here u have filipinas who break into a smile so easily, it's nice, it's infectious....I find myself smiling, It's like a chain reaction!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 14, 2009
The singing is annoying. They are very sweet people and I have nothing against filipinos it's the singing that gets to me. They could be Chinese and I would have the same complaint.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 14, 2009
You guys need to CHILL!!!!!!

If pinoys are happy then it's nice, I don't mind hearing them singing, I really don't often hear it though, like MCL. If a cab driver is playing his music I let him be if it's not deafening, it's a crappy job and he needs some space. I dont actually mind it anyway which I guess is a help! If they turn it off when I get in I usually say put it back on, it's no problem. Karma people, Karma.... :D

I love you fine people but I think maybe Dubai is getting to you :D :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat