Learn How Filipinas Verses Non-Filipinas Look!!!

Topic locked
Learn how Filipinas verses Non-Filipinas look!!! Aug 31, 2008
Hi once I posted at the shock that an Emerit thought I was filipina so I wanted to educate forum members on what they look like

Filipinas
ImageImageImage.Image

Now the pictures below show non-Filipino looking faces. I'm sure there are a minority in the Philippines that look like these people but it is not the norm. I kind of look like these women and some you said I look Filipina. Obviously these women and myself don't look like the women above.
ImageImageImageImage

Okay so you see how different they look from one another. I hope now everyone has a general education on how a Filipino verses non Filipino looks.

puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 31, 2008
On the upper row, the lady on the leftmost looks like an Indonesian, on the second pic the girls look like Thais, the third pic looks like... Tia Carrere! (she's only a fraction filipina), and the fourth lady looks like a Vietnamese...
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Aug 31, 2008
^Tia Carrere is mostly of Filipina ancestry. She's from Hawaii. Of course she's all American and really looks it but she doesn't look as American as fellow Hawaiian Kelly Hu. Tia plays up Chinese and Spanish ancestry but isn't that what most Filipinos do anyway? funny, Tia used to be married to a Lebanese, the Arab connection.

Now the lady you think looks Viet is of course American but her she's of full Filipina ancestry even though she looks less American than Tia. She has a youtube show.

I can't stand this lady below of all Filipina background. This is the way I picture most Filipinas to look like. I don't know how anyone could have mistaken me as Filipina let alone Asian. I hope this tread has been helpful to avoid shocking brunette women with small Irish eyes who are not Asian.

ImageImage
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 31, 2008
I hate to say it, but they're all very similar.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 31, 2008
Except this one ...

puppypup wrote:Image

... looks like a white box with a red x to me :)
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 31, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:I hate to say it, but they're all very similar.

Really? You really think the 4 non-filipinas (and they are non-Asian too) I posted look like the Filipinas? Wow. Is it like totally homogenous in the UAE that a brunette German looks like an Uzbek and they in turn look French-Peruvian? :?

So is the UAE as homogenous as Korea for example? :shock:

I'm just wondering. I've never been to that part of the world but I didn't realize the GULF area would be THAT homogenous.

@bonk What's a WHITE box with a RED X as you describe the girl below? I look like this girl and nothing about her Screams Asian or Filipina. I mean look at her. She looks French or Latina.
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 31, 2008
Not all your images are showing up and your messages are so wide, it's gone off the screen.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 31, 2008
puppypup wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:I hate to say it, but they're all very similar.

Really? You really think the 4 non-filipinas (and they are non-Asian too) I posted look like the Filipinas? Wow. Is it like totally homogenous in the UAE that a brunette German looks like an Uzbek and they in turn look French-Peruvian? :?

So is the UAE as homogenous as Korea for example? :shock:

I'm just wondering. I've never been to that part of the world but I didn't realize the GULF area would be THAT homogenous.

@bonk What's a WHITE box with a RED X as you describe the girl below? I look like this girl and nothing about her Screams Asian or Filipina. I mean look at her. She looks French or Latina.

Y do u care so much abt looks? Unless u r here for prostitution u will be fine ........ work on ur self-esteem
desert surfer
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 31, 2008
I have to agree, does it really matter? Most people unless they know these nationalities very well, just wont know the difference.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 01, 2008
puppypup you really have a problem. or you're vain. get over it.
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 01, 2008
amusing to see what any person will do at great lengths just to prove nothing.. :(

Maybe you just need to drink lots of water, I think you're dehydrated :roll:
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 01, 2008
I'm not vain. How would you like to be a woman of French, English, Irish, Spanish, and Lithuanian ancestry like myself and have random Arab men come up to you asking if you're from the Philippines because the maids and beautycams(I don't know what that is) are from there?

If you're English and someone things you're Arab or Greek that's not that extreme because you're of a similar 'race.' But yeah that can be annoying but imagine if you are ethnically Swedish and people kept asking if you were from Ethiopia or Mongolia. Wouldn't that make you feel weird?

It's weird and puzzling that I could be mistaken for Southeast Asian. It's not vanity. It's being stripped and immediately denied identity and culture by strange Arab men who don't want to know my name or my interests. They want me to be Filipina whether I am or not or want to be or not. That is what I don't get!!! So I just wanted to educate people on the differences of features.
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 01, 2008
AGAIN - GET OVER IT. You should be happy you "blend" so well. i have been told I am spanish, french , italian, indonesian, english, arabic... makes me happy I can fit into any society in the world.

Don't look at your face look at your dress actions and speech.
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 02, 2008
Anyway what is a beautycam?
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 02, 2008
puppypup wrote:How would you like to be a woman of French, English, Irish, Spanish, and Lithuanian ancestry like myself and have random Arab men come up to you asking if you're from the Philippines because the maids and beautycams(I don't know what that is) are from there?

LOL. They actually come up to you to ask that? Like:

Arab guy: Are you from the Philippines?
You: No.
Arab guy: I thought you were because the maids and beautycams are from there.

Strange.. unless you're a maid or beautycam (beautician?) yourself. :wink:
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Sep 02, 2008
Who care..I love all of em !
Mmmmuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhh !
Papparazzzi
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 03, 2008
pinoy1 wrote:
puppypup wrote:How would you like to be a woman of French, English, Irish, Spanish, and Lithuanian ancestry like myself and have random Arab men come up to you asking if you're from the Philippines because the maids and beautycams(I don't know what that is) are from there?

LOL. They actually come up to you to ask that? Like:

Arab guy: Are you from the Philippines?
You: No.
Arab guy: I thought you were because the maids and beautycams are from there.

Strange.. unless you're a maid or beautycam (beautician?) yourself. :wink:

I'm not a maid or beautician.

My story

Me: *Sitting innocently at real estate conference*

Arab dude: Hi, are you Filipino because there a lot in my country, Saudi Arabia

Me: No, I'm American

Arab dude: Really? Our help is from the Philippines. You look like them. You should visit my country.

Me: I don't look Filipino and sorry but I don't like to cover up.

Arab dude: You only have to cover up outside. Indoors you can wear what you want. We have great parties.

Me: But I love the outdoors. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Real Life Scene 2

Random Jordanian stud leaving building as I enter: Where are you from?

Me: Down the street.

Jordanian stud: I mean your nationality.

Me: Oh American. Duh!! Like look at me and listen to my voice.

Jordanian stud: No originally. I'm from Jordan.

Me: A hospital in California but yeah my immigrant ancestors came more than 150+ years ago.

Jordanian stud: You're lying. Where are you really from?

Me: What? F U
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 03, 2008
:roll:

You should rephrase your first statement then, that you are mistaken for a filipina not because maids come from the Philippines but because the arabs have seen a lot of them in their countries and you look like one.

See the difference? The first statement is tactless and offensive and reveals the real reason why you despise being mistaken for a filipina. The second one is much better, innocent and subtle :wink:

Have you considered plastic surgery by the way? If it affects you so much and the majority of the people around you can't help but mistake you for a pinay, then I think you should consider. :P
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Sep 03, 2008
^Aside from removing a mole, I don't want plastic surgery. I'm fine the way I am. Others can consider lasik, contacts or glasses.

Scene 3

Me *Working at an airport bar*

Chubby Palestinian co-worker: Are you Korean?

Me: No, American

Chubby Palestinian co-worker: Your parents?

Me: American just like my grandparents and great-parents except one was Irish. I really don't care about the great-great grandparents but yeah they were immigrants.

Chubby Palestinian: I used to have a gf from Korea who opened the gates of paradise for me. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Customer: I'd like an Amstel Light

Palestinian guy: *Points to me* She's Korean

Me: I'm not a f***ing Korean you Israeli. *Looks at customer* He's Jewish.
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 03, 2008
puppypup, you have some real issues. Either ignore those people who do not know (which maybe less than .0001% of the people you know) or change your looks if it bothers you that much. Your really coming across as a whiner and giving us Americans a bad name. I'm a second generation American, lived in America all my life and I swear nobody has ever questioned my "Nationality" I don't know where your from but out west we don't look at a Hispanic and automatically assume he is from Mexico. Get a life.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 03, 2008
Have you ever been admitted to a clinic or been on prescription medicine? A person have to have some kind of psycological disorder to start this discusssion all over again.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 03, 2008
Yeah I have to agree that you have issues. You're going to have to deal with the fact that your ancestors came from somewhere else and you're not the architypical white 'yank' so people are going to ask you if you're from somewhere else. And accent counts for nothing, anyone can pick up and accent if they've lived somewhere long enough.

It's like in the UK, we have second, third, forth generation people from other countries, but essentially at the end of the day they will still be Asian, Adrican etc etc because of the way they look no matter what.

So yeah deal with it.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 03, 2008
So I'm a white chick that has to embrace that some people are foolish to think she looks Asian and not correct them. I need medication to make myself turn into an Asian. :roll: :roll: :roll:

I need medication to accept that those 3 guys in the above scenarios had every right to approach me the way that they did. I need to accept that those 3 men are normal and can go around calling me KOrean to strangers and telling me I'm a liar. Wow!!!!

BTW, I'm certainly not a YANKEE!!!!
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 03, 2008
Okaaayy...
Should we continue with this discussion any further guys?
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Sep 03, 2008
^So I see then. So if I were to meet Pinoy for example and KNOW he's Filipino then HE needs to take medication if I tell strangers he's Japanese even though I know he isn't because he told me. Secondly I have every right to call him a liar if he says he's not Japanese because I'm supposed to take medication if someone calls me a liar when I tell them the truth about me.

Lastly it's normal if I come up to him at a real estate conference and asked him if he's Croatian because my cook is.
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 03, 2008
puppypup wrote:So I'm a white chick that has to embrace that some people are foolish to think she looks Asian and not correct them. I need medication to make myself turn into an Asian. :roll: :roll: :roll:

YOU ARE NOT WHITE
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 03, 2008
^So if your ancestors are from Ireland, England, Spain, France, and Lithuania and dash of Norwegian then what are you?
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 03, 2008
^So if your ancestors are from Ireland, England, Spain, France, and Lithuania and dash of Norwegian then what are you?
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 03, 2008
its about the colour of your skin. You may be "white" on the inside - which is the point you are so desperately trying to prove, but your skin tone is not.

Did you ever do biology? Are you familiar with genetics and punnet squares?

Because lets say that a kids parents were both white (AND AMERICAN) one was half swedish half nigerian, and the other was half english and half french, and when the kid was born the genetics kicked in and he was born fully black.

Yes the kid would be American as you say, but also that kid is BLACK not WHITE - but also that kid would probably be very good looking and would be questioned where are you from are you Mexica?, cos I've got an illegal gardener working in my home and hes mexican and he looks like you.

Anyway the point is you should be happy random strangers have something to talk to you about - it's better than being ignored.
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 03, 2008
^Thanks for the explanation. I guess there's a Mongol ancestor from the 1700s. But really now I'm more interested why those three guys I mentioned are considered 'normal' in most of your guy's views. All real-life scenarios BTW

I mean why is it okay (in your eyes) for that one man to call me Korean to a customer after knowing I'm not. Why it was okay for the Jordanian to call me a liar? The first guy (the Saudi) was just a dumb dumb but at least tell me why I need medication if I get pissed off by a random stranger calling me a liar and a co-worker I only knew for a day telling customers I'm Korean. I think I was justified calling that Palestinian (Muslim not Christian) an Israeli and Jewish because he called me something I'm not.

Same with the Jordanian. It's like someone telling me I'm a liar because I say I'm female. Am I supposed to embrace looking transexual? Even if I look like a guy, I'm female. It's the knowledge I have and brought forth.
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat