Learn How Filipinas Verses Non-Filipinas Look!!!

Topic locked
Apr 14, 2009
:salute:

Thank you, maybe I needed that and now will revert back to my sassy humor.

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 14, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
farthestpoint wrote:Singing is part of the Filipino culture -- along with eating (5 times a day in a typical Filipino family, Breakfast, mid-day snack (mirienda), Lunch, mid-day snack in the afternoon (followed by siesta) and Dinner...and different activities such as family outing (the whole clan), etc...

To enlighten you a bit, this attitude is derived from our outlook towards "family". Generally, people from the Philippines are family-oriented. Activities done with the whole family enables us to strengthen the bind of each member as such. This is why activities such as singing is very popular because of being a fun activity at home (through a videoke system) regardless of how ugly your voice is (since it's within the family, nobody really cares).

From that dimension it had been extended in friends houses, then colleagues, and well...the nation. One big family.

The culture of eating is the same. Eating together creates an ambiance of togetherness. It is also extended to the neighbors. When we cook some special dish or extra food, we deliver it to our neighbors for free. "This is for you, try this out, it's quite nice"...and the neighbors does the same.

Philippines is a poor country but we do have rich culture. Sometimes, it's sad to hear how other people ridicule the society just because of the minority in Dubai, or UAE for that matter, that does not represent the whole community.

Talk to a person who visited the Philippines and was able to spend some time in the provinces where normal family lives and you will be shocked to know how they would talk about the hospitality of the people.

Even if we have only one bed at home, it MUST be given to the visitor. Even if we have only one meal left to eat, we would wholeheartedly offer it to our visitor.

Might be wrong that such dimension would reach a remote land where our culture is exposed to people who would not understand the reason behind such acts, but that's what make us learn something new from somebody.

The first time I heard an Arab fart out in the open, then the same Arab got upset when somebody else burp in an open...I asked myself, which is more disgusting? eh?

:LOL:

I didn't bother reading your history. I don't care if your entire country sings, I find it very annoying and you should keep in mind that you are not in the Phillipines.

And everyone farts, including you, but it doesn't have be done in public. So lets agree that farting and singing should be done privately or amongst those who want to join in.

“The illiterate of the future will not be the person who cannot read.
It will be the person who does not know how to learn.”
-Alvin Toffler

I won't waste another minute of my time...
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 14, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:The singing is annoying. They are very sweet people and I have nothing against filipinos it's the singing that gets to me. They could be Chinese and I would have the same complaint.

Now I understand why those eyes are so bombastic ! :lol:
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 14, 2009
farthestpoint wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
farthestpoint wrote:Singing is part of the Filipino culture -- along with eating (5 times a day in a typical Filipino family, Breakfast, mid-day snack (mirienda), Lunch, mid-day snack in the afternoon (followed by siesta) and Dinner...and different activities such as family outing (the whole clan), etc...

To enlighten you a bit, this attitude is derived from our outlook towards "family". Generally, people from the Philippines are family-oriented. Activities done with the whole family enables us to strengthen the bind of each member as such. This is why activities such as singing is very popular because of being a fun activity at home (through a videoke system) regardless of how ugly your voice is (since it's within the family, nobody really cares).

From that dimension it had been extended in friends houses, then colleagues, and well...the nation. One big family.

The culture of eating is the same. Eating together creates an ambiance of togetherness. It is also extended to the neighbors. When we cook some special dish or extra food, we deliver it to our neighbors for free. "This is for you, try this out, it's quite nice"...and the neighbors does the same.

Philippines is a poor country but we do have rich culture. Sometimes, it's sad to hear how other people ridicule the society just because of the minority in Dubai, or UAE for that matter, that does not represent the whole community.

Talk to a person who visited the Philippines and was able to spend some time in the provinces where normal family lives and you will be shocked to know how they would talk about the hospitality of the people.

Even if we have only one bed at home, it MUST be given to the visitor. Even if we have only one meal left to eat, we would wholeheartedly offer it to our visitor.

Might be wrong that such dimension would reach a remote land where our culture is exposed to people who would not understand the reason behind such acts, but that's what make us learn something new from somebody.

The first time I heard an Arab fart out in the open, then the same Arab got upset when somebody else burp in an open...I asked myself, which is more disgusting? eh?

I didn't bother reading your history. I don't care if your entire country sings, I find it very annoying and you should keep in mind that you are not in the Phillipines.

And everyone farts, including you, but it doesn't have be done in public. So lets agree that farting and singing should be done privately or amongst those who want to join in.

-Alvin Toffler

I'm in luv with a Phillipino girl here. The wisdom gets to me, really :wink:
RobbyG

Apr 14, 2009
farthestpoint wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

-Alvin Toffler

Thank you for that.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 14, 2009
Bora Bora wrote::salute:

see...sassy is classy!!
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 14, 2009
Speedhump wrote:

see...sassy is classy!!

Not if you like pink Grass Humperdinck. 8)
RobbyG

Apr 14, 2009
Englebert Humperdink?
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 14, 2009
I don't sing in public nor participate in karaoke so that's another clue I'm not Filipina. :roll: Nevertheless I have a nice voice. I smile and laugh a lot but that's a dumb reason to peg me Filipina. My teeth are beautiful BTW. I don't think they look Asian but I don't know if there is such a thing as Asian teeth. My teeth are a big clue that I'm American since no offense but Americans (regardless of ethnicity) tend to have nicer teeth. We may be obese but have nice teeth.

I know a "Yank" is a term for Americans but oh my, to add more drama, I'm a Southern Belle so I'm NOT a Yank. *hangs her rebel flag* FYI the blacks are ALWAYS singing but often they have nice voices but still annoying sometimes.

zonker wrote:Hey puppypup..I can understand what you are saying baby! If you are white and a Brit, and someone comes up to you and asks "you Nigerian?" that probably would make you exclaim "Good grief!!" I am sure.

Oh dear this did happen!!! I've been asked (by blacks too) if I'm part-black. What is it? My full luscious lips? Chubby West African cheeks? :roll: I'm shocked enough over the senseless Asian perception that perceiving me as part-black turns me numb. I just think of Jennifer Beals whenever that happens to bring me back to reality.
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 14, 2009
She didn't get enough yesterday, so she's back for more!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 14, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
Speedhump wrote:

see...sassy is classy!!

Not if you like pink Grass Humperdinck. 8)

:D if you were here you'd see the villa near the Tennis Stadium that has several large different coloured plastic palm trees on its balcony. Then you wouldn't be so quick to judge :D :D :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 14, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:She didn't get enough yesterday, so she's back for more!

I hope she really looks like she describes. Sounds lovely Miss Puppypup.

Be nice to this Jessica Beal will ya ;) Could be my fiance one day 8)
RobbyG

Apr 14, 2009

hahahahaha..this is the most surreal thread....

Asian teeth!!! OMG :shock:
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 14, 2009
RobbyG wrote:

I hope she really looks like she describes. Sounds lovely Miss Puppypup.

Two eyebrows between the two of you maybe?
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 14, 2009
puppypup wrote:I don't sing in public nor participate in karaoke so that's another clue I'm not Filipina. :roll: Nevertheless I have a nice voice. I smile and laugh a lot but that's a dumb reason to peg me Filipina. My teeth are beautiful BTW. I don't think they look Asian but I don't know if there is such a thing as Asian teeth. My teeth are a big clue that I'm American since no offense but Americans (regardless of ethnicity) tend to have nicer teeth. We may be obese but have nice teeth.

I know a "Yank" is a term for Americans but oh my, to add more drama, I'm a Southern Belle so I'm NOT a Yank. *hangs her rebel flag* FYI the blacks are ALWAYS singing but often they have nice voices but still annoying sometimes.

zonker wrote:Hey puppypup..I can understand what you are saying baby! If you are white and a Brit, and someone comes up to you and asks "you Nigerian?" that probably would make you exclaim "Good grief!!" I am sure.

Oh dear this did happen!!! I've been asked (by blacks too) if I'm part-black. What is it? My full luscious lips? Chubby West African cheeks? :roll: I'm shocked enough over the senseless Asian perception that perceiving me as part-black turns me numb. I just think of Jennifer Beals whenever that happens to bring me back to reality.

Where did they drag you up from?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 14, 2009
She's probably on the USIEP (US Idiot Exchange Program)
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 14, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:She's probably on the USIEP (US Idiot Exchange Program)

Hahahahahaha, that sounds like it could actually exist
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 14, 2009
sage & onion wrote:

probably operates mostly between Utah and Kentucky? Never needed to look outside the US of A :)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 14, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

probably operates mostly between Utah and Kentucky? Never needed to look outside the US of A :)

Careful SH, you may attract the wrath of BO.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 14, 2009
I was kind of angling for it, I love it when she's mad, she's cute :P
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 14, 2009
Speedhump wrote:I was kind of angling for it, I love it when she's mad, she's cute :P

OK, maybe we need to transfer the thread to Romance then, so the two of you can get to know each other better
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 14, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
Speedhump wrote:I was kind of angling for it, I love it when she's mad, she's cute :P

OK, maybe we need to transfer the thread to Romance then, so the two of you can get to know each other better

nah we're just playing, kitties and camels love to do that ;)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 14, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Cajun maybe?? from the swamps of Louisiana.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 14, 2009
yeah that's more likely. but I LOVE that Zydeco sound...oh yes!

BON TEMPS ROULEZ!!!!!
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 14, 2009
US idiot exchange programme..... giving old George Bush away?
zonker
BANNED

Apr 14, 2009
zonker wrote:US idiot exchange programme..... giving old George Bush away?

They tried but no one wants him.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 15, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:

Doesn't he mean young George Bush?
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 15, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

Yeah old Bush is/was intelligent.

RobbyG wrote:

Were you born in the 90s? I didn't mention Jessica Biehl. I said Jennifer Beals, hottie from the 80s and still gorgeous as ever. Whenever I'm stunned by a remark that I look part-black I imagine I'm the spitting image of black-white actrees Ms. Beals 8) But really I must accept that I do look somewhat like Eartha Kitt.

puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 15, 2009
puppypup wrote:
Speedhump wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

Yeah old Bush is/was intelligent.

RobbyG wrote:

Were you born in the 90s? I didn't mention Jessica Biehl. I said Jennifer Beals, hottie from the 80s and still gorgeous as ever. Whenever I'm stunned by a remark that I look part-black I imagine I'm the spitting image of black-white actrees Ms. Beals 8) But really I must accept that I do look somewhat like Eartha Kitt.

Eartha Kitt has always been a favourite of mine, right from when I was a small boy!

By the way, there can't be any way to look like Beals AND Kitt. Go for Kitt.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 15, 2009
^If that's the way to speed your hump, I'll be your unibrow Eartha Kitt.
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat