Got A Talented Kid?

Topic locked
got a Talented kid? Jul 15, 2009
hi all,

just wanted to announce a great talent event happening at the dubai sheration next week, if you have a talented kid do check it out w ww. growingtalentuae .c o m

sorry am not meaing to spam i hope this is not considered as such.

g

growing
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jul 15, 2009
Yes, my pet goat can wave, bleat various songs and swallow swords!

Oh sorry sorry, you were talking about 'children'!

Then er no.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: got a Talented kid? Jul 15, 2009
growing wrote:hi all,

just wanted to announce a great talent event happening at the dubai sheration next week, if you have a talented kid do check it out w ww. growingtalentuae .c o m

sorry am not meaing to spam i hope this is not considered as such.

g

to be honest, it does look like spam :wink:

anyway, on a more serious note, I dont have any kids. Give me 10-15 years and i'll get back to you and besides, there is a thing here with people digging up older threads! :lol:
redtilldead
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 15, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Yes, my pet goat can wave, bleat various songs and swallow swords!

Then er no.

I just wonder if Bora has own kids. Why it struck me? :)

37,2 La Matin?
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 15, 2009
Hey growing will older kids like Red Chief do? :lol:
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 15, 2009
Red Chief wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Yes, my pet goat can wave, bleat various songs and swallow swords!

Then er no.

37,2 La Matin?

OK Chief. I get all these attacks you keep making on me. You seem very possessive of Speedhump and apparently don't want anyone to get in the way of your "relationship", hence, the constant attacks on me. You don't have to worry. He's all yours. I'm just a bystander watching it play out.

As far as children go I am sure that one can find your offspring with their heads in the trough.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jul 15, 2009
Bora, it was a simple question. I didn't know your reply in advance. Why so many emotions and hostility?
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 15, 2009
Red Chief wrote:Bora, it was a simple question. I didn't know your reply in advance. Why so many emotions and hostility?

Errrr, because I don't like you???? And everyone knows that there is always an underlying nastiness to your posts.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jul 15, 2009
:), it really is cool it has been about 8 years since i lived in DXB, my dad just left there to come back to the UK, it is funny things like this forum etc etc lol it would have never been around when i grew up there and left in 2001, dubai must be much cooler then i remember it to be now, although i hear it has changed drastically from the place i grew up in :)

can you still get 3 shawarma and a can of "pebsi" for 5DHS?
growing
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jul 15, 2009
also again sorry was not trying to spam just spread the word :)
growing
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jul 15, 2009
growing wrote:can you still get 3 shawarma and a can of "pebsi" for 5DHS?

Now 1 shawarma is DHS 5 (or 4 some places)!!!

Btw its "bebsi" :D :lol:
redtilldead
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 15, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
Red Chief wrote:

Then er no.

37,2 La Matin?

OK Chief. I get all these attacks you keep making on me. You seem very possessive of Speedhump and apparently don't want anyone to get in the way of your "relationship", hence, the constant attacks on me. You don't have to worry. He's all yours. I'm just a bystander watching it play out.

As far as children go I am sure that one can find your offspring with their heads in the trough.

:shock:
There is noooo 'bromance' going on here, ducks!!! :confused2:
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 15, 2009
Well. Sorry for the question. I was not waiting for a storm in a tea-cup.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 15, 2009
5DHS for a shawarma!!!!!, i am shocked!, it seems the 20DHS my afther used to give me for an almassa cinema ticket, some din din, and taxi fare to bur juman to do the walking about thing would not go so far nowadays!
growing
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jul 15, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
Red Chief wrote:

Then er no.

37,2 La Matin?

:shock:
There is noooo 'bromance' going on here, ducks!!! :confused2:

Hon, I know its not from your side. (Know that all too well!) It's just that a bit too often he keeps referring to "you and him". Maybe he just seems you as a manly figure and wants to relate.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jul 15, 2009
growing wrote:5DHS for a shawarma!!!!!, i am shocked!, it seems the 20DHS my afther used to give me for an almassa cinema ticket, some din din, and taxi fare to bur juman to do the walking about thing would not go so far nowadays!

20 bucks wont even cover ur taxi fare. I remember shawarma at 2.50 then 3. Now it's 5 bucks, smaller and a lot less tastier. Inflation went crazy last year. Coupled with real estate boom, low interest rates and a falling greenback, all put loads of pressure on the dirham.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 15, 2009
haha Bromance lol that is hilarious! , sorry do not want to get involved in the spat just saying what a great term lol bromance
growing
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jul 15, 2009
yes my father was telling me, it's a real shame that i lived in sharjah most of my life, i moved to dubai i think when i was about 20 and met my wife etc etc and lived in the gardens i think it was called, was a great timme then cheap food, the convienince of going to a grocery and beeping your horn and teh dude will come out to you, damn if i tried that nonsence here i would get a beating ohhhh the memories of yesteryear
growing
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jul 15, 2009
growing wrote:yes my father was telling me, it's a real shame that i lived in sharjah most of my life, i moved to dubai i think when i was about 20 and met my wife etc etc and lived in the gardens i think it was called, was a great timme then cheap food, the convienince of going to a grocery and beeping your horn and teh dude will come out to you, damn if i tried that nonsence here i would get a beating ohhhh the memories of yesteryear

Oh no you can still beat ur horn. and the grocers still come running to ur car.
You can still find someone to hold your shopping bags when you shop for fish etc etc.
Prosperity was bestowed only on a select few you see!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 15, 2009
that being said i remember Dubai was and as i understand it still is a hard slog, one thing that REALLY used to get on my wick however was and i am half english but you used to get some english expats who were salesmen or something here in teh UK and really nice people but 6 months in dubai they would get goditis as i like to call it :), ( no offence to teh english there now :) just refering to the old days ) where you'd be spoken down to etc etc

is it still teh case there?
growing
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jul 15, 2009
growing wrote:that being said i remember Dubai was and as i understand it still is a hard slog, one thing that REALLY used to get on my wick however was and i am half english but you used to get some english expats who were salesmen or something here in teh UK and really nice people but 6 months in dubai they would get goditis as i like to call it :), ( no offence to teh english there now :) just refering to the old days ) where you'd be spoken down to etc etc

is it still teh case there?

There are many people here who suffer from "Goditis" as you call it (which I happen to like). Those are the people you avoid because in fact, they are shallow, empty, nothing people in reality.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jul 15, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
Red Chief wrote:

Then er no.

37,2 La Matin?

Go Kitty! :lol:
Metaphor79
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: got a Talented kid? Jul 17, 2009
Hi There !!

Thanks for the information

Regards,
George Buffet
georgebuffet
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat