Im Going Home!

Topic locked
Im going home! Jun 04, 2006
Which Im really excited about but..... I have four cats that will require quarantine at the other end, Im in panic stations with so much to orangise.. Has anyone had any exp of taking their pets back to the uk, the whole procedure, paper work and so on.. Finding the right info is not easy and contacting the ministry veterinary at cargo village is near on impossible.

Thanks

Mikkie
Dubai Forum User

Jun 04, 2006
Is it true that they have to go into quarantine? Is it that they are lacking immunizations or the paperwork on their immunizations? :( Too bad.

It is excellent that you are taking your furbabies back with you, because so many people struggle to find homes for their pets when they move away, and some choose to just let them loose to fend for themselves. Bravo to you for looking after your furkids so well.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jun 04, 2006
kanelli wrote:Is it true that they have to go into quarantine? Is it that they are lacking immunizations or the paperwork on their immunizations? :( Too bad.

It is excellent that you are taking your furbabies back with you, because so many people struggle to find homes for their pets when they move away, and some choose to just let them loose to fend for themselves. Bravo to you for looking after your furkids so well.

k
some countries have a quarantine rule irregardless of the fact that the pets have micro chips/have had immunization shots/all paperwork taken care of...mikki have you tried any pet relocators...might be more expensive...but they take care of all the hassles...would google it and find out the costs...if its 4 furries...then maybe they can cut you a good deal...just a suggestion...
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 04, 2006
yes, most pets require quantine as well as a full and up-to-date immuninisation record. i suggest that you either contact your regular vet to find out about what papers and shots are required, alternatively contact Dr. Matts on Al Wasal Road, they work quiet closely with Feline Friends - they also suggested someone to arrange the shipping (although I have can't find their contact details at the moment).

Some of the shots have to have been done a minimum of 6 months prior to leaving!!!!!!!!!! Unless your pets go for a regular check-up in which case they may already have been done. feline leukemia is one...
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Jun 04, 2006
dbxsoul wrote:yes, most pets require quantine as well as a full and up-to-date immuninisation record. i suggest that you either contact your regular vet to find out about what papers and shots are required, alternatively contact Dr. Matts on Al Wasal Road, they work quiet closely with Feline Friends - they also suggested someone to arrange the shipping (although I have can't find their contact details at the moment).

Some of the shots have to have been done a minimum of 6 months prior to leaving!!!!!!!!!! Unless your pets go for a regular check-up in which case they may already have been done. feline leukemia is one...

heard DR MATT is really good and really cares...he was nominated employer of the year by 92 FM...
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 04, 2006
Well, the United Arab Emirates is on the list of approved countries without quarantine as long as the pets pass the criteria set out in the Pet Travel Scheme (PETS). More info here -

Defra - Pet Travel Scheme (PETS)
http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quarant ... /index.htm

PETS Dogs, cats and ferrets
http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quarant ... ritory.htm

Qualifying non-European Union countries and territories
http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quarant ... /other.htm
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jun 04, 2006
PETS Dogs, cats and ferrets

i wonder how many ferrets they ship out of the uae :lol: ... prehaps the same amount of squirrils?

wonder if they have any experience in shipping donkeys?
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Jun 04, 2006
Donkeys are great animals. Why would you ship a donkey?? Shame on you. Donkeys fly first class.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 04, 2006
Donkeys are great animals. Why would you ship a donkey?? Shame on you. Donkeys fly first class.

like the royal falcons? :D
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Jun 04, 2006
dbxsoul wrote:

like the royal falcons? :D

:lol:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 04, 2006
Cool, so they've just changed it then.

To be part of the PETS scheme, I think your animal has to have all it's jabs upto date and a pet passport.

Dr Matts, has changed name to the Desert Vetinary Clinic and yes he's very good.

Dubai Kennels and Cattery also arrange transport into and out of the UAE for you.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 04, 2006
Thanks for everyone's advise. All the cats are upto date with vacinations but will be having thier bloods done tomorrow - Reason for quarantine. The cats are registered with The Veterinary hosptial, they provide export papers out of the UAE, and thats all.
I have been trying since 9am this morning to speak with some one from DKC without any success - Im trying to find out how much the export licence, pet passport will cost and I really have no clue where to look.

Mikkie
Mikkie
Dubai Forum User

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat