Home

Topic locked
home May 03, 2006
Guys, don't u miss home and wanna go back already. I have been fine all this time, but now I just want to go back home to my place, to my bed and couch and TV and my own kitchen and my car. :(

IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

May 03, 2006
With all the moves we've done I still get homesick now and again. The funny thing is, once I move home, and no matter that my real home is beautiful, has a lovely garden a great spa area (thanks, now I am homesick!!), I feel open to moving again. Maybe you need to get out 'n about this weekend! :)
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 03, 2006
GAB wrote:With all the moves we've done I still get homesick now and again. The funny thing is, once I move home, and no matter that my real home is beautiful, has a lovely garden a great spa area (thanks, now I am homesick!!), I feel open to moving again. Maybe you need to get out 'n about this weekend! :)

I do go out and stuff, still after a while I get homesick.
I was not all this time, it is only now, guess it is just a periodical thing or something. I am afraid if I go home I will not want to go back here, lol
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

May 03, 2006
Doubtful-you get home and there is always something you miss!! :D
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 03, 2006
GAB wrote:Doubtful-you get home and there is always something you miss!! :D

it is not too bad here, just that i love walking, here it is a crazy thing to do and there are no places to walk to or no conditions to be waking, i mean no sidewalks, or very narrow ones, cars all over, ppl are walking like blind.
another thing, i do not have a car here. but, i am ok, just having a weakness attack.
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

May 03, 2006
Depends on what you define as home.

For now, Dubai is my home...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 03, 2006
Liban wrote:Depends on what you define as home.

For now, Dubai is my home...

i mean home home, my home where i was born and grew up, where all my family members are and friends, well, not any more, lol, all are gone to diff. countries
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

May 03, 2006
Planet Earth is my home.

I have countries that I prefer, but thats another story.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 03, 2006
it is just a phase, i know that.
when i was younger, i could not imagine being away from my family, i would be away for couple of days and start crying like a baby, so, coming here for so long all by myself to pretty much nowhere showed me i was ok being away from my relatives.
am i getting too sentimental here?
anyway, good to be home, i think.
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

May 03, 2006
i am going back next month.... can go to the new disneyland :D :D :D
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

May 03, 2006
FeiPo wrote:i am going back next month.... can go to the new disneyland :D :D :D

feipo
you from hong kong?
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

May 03, 2006
constantine wrote:
FeiPo wrote:i am going back next month.... can go to the new disneyland :D :D :D

feipo
you from hong kong?

yes I am from HK!! Don't you know that?
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

May 03, 2006

take me with u, lol, i live nearby
actually my manager was telling me if i wanted to take a week off i could go, he would approve it, do not know, now, given a chance....
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

May 03, 2006
FeiPo wrote:
constantine wrote:

feipo
you from hong kong?

yes I am from HK!! Don't you know that?

lol, i did not know that either, knew u were asian
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

May 03, 2006
IMJ wrote:

actually my manager was telling me if i wanted to take a week off i could go, he would approve it, do not know, now, given a chance....

Haha seriuosly you are welcome to come, coz I am going with my workmate.... gonna show her around HK for a few days, then we are heading to Thailand for another 10 days or so...
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

May 03, 2006
Did they ban the sharks fin soup in the end - don't let me get started on that - hehehe! I think you know where I stand!

Home, where's that again? Nope don't miss it one teeny tiny bit.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 03, 2006
I don't think they will ban the shark fin ever... it's the Chinese thing!! Same as telling the Jap not to kill whales.
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

May 04, 2006
FeiPo wrote:
IMJ wrote:

Haha seriuosly you are welcome to come, coz I am going with my workmate.... gonna show her around HK for a few days, then we are heading to Thailand for another 10 days or so...

i definately wanna go, guys, i will hop into my country for a few days and join u to go to Thailand, i already was there, last time feb 2005, would love to go back.
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

May 04, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Did they ban the sharks fin soup in the end - don't let me get started on that - hehehe! I think you know where I stand!

Home, where's that again? Nope don't miss it one teeny tiny bit.

is that u or me who got 2 different threads confused? lol
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

May 04, 2006
feipo
no i didnt know you were from hong kong...home i do miss it...but i wanna go back and stay there after i am perhaps 50 and all my ambitions have been drained and i wanna peaceful life growing tomatos....or just reading....
constantine

Re: home May 04, 2006
IMJ wrote:Guys, don't u miss home and wanna go back already. I have been fine all this time, but now I just want to go back home to my place, to my bed and couch and TV and my own kitchen and my car. :(

not been home for around two years now because i changed my job last year..but this july i will be home for a month.. :lol:
ajoy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: home May 04, 2006
ajoy wrote:
IMJ wrote:Guys, don't u miss home and wanna go back already. I have been fine all this time, but now I just want to go back home to my place, to my bed and couch and TV and my own kitchen and my car. :(

not been home for around two years now because i changed my job last year..but this july i will be home for a month.. :lol:

that is quiet a long time to be away, my GM was not home for like 8 years, well, his mom though comes here, he is a citizan of Canada, so, it is hard to be going to 2 homes, lol.
But, I am hoping to go home after a year at work, which is only after December, :cry: wish i was there now, weather is so nice there at this time of the year, spring has come and everything is so beautiful
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

May 07, 2006
FeiPo wrote:yes I am from HK!! Don't you know that?

Its only obvious to those that know cantonese and even still you could have been Malaysian chinese :D
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 07, 2006
IMJ wrote:
FeiPo wrote:
IMJ wrote:

i definately wanna go, guys, i will hop into my country for a few days and join u to go to Thailand, i already was there, last time feb 2005, would love to go back.

Good idea!! We will be based in Phuket and will go around the islands, e.g. Coral island and Krabi Island etc...
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

May 07, 2006
constantine wrote:feipo
no i didnt know you were from hong kong...home i do miss it...but i wanna go back and stay there after i am perhaps 50 and all my ambitions have been drained and i wanna peaceful life growing tomatos....or just reading....

where is your home?
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

May 07, 2006
FeiPo wrote:
constantine wrote:feipo

where is your home?

feipo
India...living in dubai makes it easier now...coz i can even slip away for a long weekend to mumbai (bombay)....party real hard...hang out with old friends...and come back...the flight is only 3 hrs...when i was in hk...used to take me 12 hrs flight to get home...having said that....i havent actually lived in india for about 7 years now...and probably going to migrate to canada within 2 years....so home right now is here and now...
constantine

May 07, 2006
constantine wrote:and probably going to migrate to canada within 2 years....so home right now is here and now...

Toronto or Montreal?

Get ready for some serious COLD :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 07, 2006
liban
how are ya bro...missed you at the party...hope mrs liban is settling in nicely in dubai...toronto...my brother is already there...my immigration papers have already come thru!!...but i wanna enjoy sunny dubai for at least couple of more years...exactly for the reason that it is really chilly in toronto.....brrrrrrrrr.....
constantine

May 07, 2006
We'll be back in the Toronto area in a few years - so see you there Constantine. (Sorry I missed the bbq! We fell asleep on the couch :))
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

May 07, 2006
kanelli wrote:We'll be back in the Toronto area in a few years - so see you there Constantine. (Sorry I missed the bbq! We fell asleep on the couch :))

hey k...
yeah toronto i have a feeling will be a real blast...actually i used to work for MUCH MUSIC for the malaysia feed of all the places...really loved the brand...much better than MTV personally...and hey no worries about the BBQ...we will be having more....
constantine

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat