Etisalat Technicians Are Incompetent Idiots!

Topic locked
Etisalat Technicians are incompetent idiots! Aug 10, 2011
Do you guys know where I can report a big time complaint to Etisalat?
I've been having problems with my internet connection and I already did most of the troubleshooting for them.
Finally here comes the technician insisting that the problem is the wireless router password. That was the first thing I did- change the password, I told him, but it is as if he's not hearing me. I told him several effin times that I changed the effin password several times already but it is like there is a wall between us that he could not seem to hear what I am saying (maybe his thick thick skull).
So.. anybody maybe from etisalat here?

yujinn
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Etisalat Technicians Are Incompetent Idiots! Aug 10, 2011
I had a drama with Du actually when they transfered my internet connection to a different address then wouldn't fix it because they said their operations department didn't have a work order to transfer it back. It took about 20 phone calls to get that straightened out.

Logic and courtesy doesn't seem to get you anywhere with these people, you need to be assertive condescending and unpleasant. Also ask to speak to the supervisor right from the start of the call, then when you get the supervisor, tell him you need to speak to a manager. Ask for everyone's name and keep records. Fly into a rage if someone tells you something that you don't want to hear like asking you to try fix something that you know isn't broken.

I normally try to be courtous and respectful to people, but dealing with organisations like Du bring out a different side to my personality.
blueshift
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Etisalat Technicians Are Incompetent Idiots! Aug 10, 2011
I find crying can be very effective. :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Etisalat Technicians are incompetent idiots! Aug 10, 2011
I have a problem trying to pay DU. They just don't seem to want to accept my dosh!
They have a standard reply, pay by local credit card, telephone banking or call in at one of our shops.
What is none of those methods is available to me?
Then call in at one of our shops, Maaam
Eh? I don't live in Dubai
Then pay by local credit card
I don't have a local credit card
Then call in at one of our shops, Maaam
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Etisalat Technicians are incompetent idiots! Aug 10, 2011
I'll go to an Etisalat business center and try the assertive-unpleasant approach. :evil:

Just a quick story. The time I had my internet installed, the 2 Etisalat technicians who worked on it couldn't figure out which cable is which in the flat's pre-installed wiring. So they decided to pull out the entire thing and lay new ones. They don't even have the most basic of cable testers!
To do that they used dishwashing liquid and some newspapers (they even had to use my stuff!) to insert the fresh cables! God...
All along their 'supervisor' (a fat lazy guy who even sat on my bed!) was just there orderering the two to do the things they are already doing (just to show he's the 'boss' I guess)!
The guys even cut the cable short and so they used masking tape to splice on an extension. Imagine that, splicing a data cable with masking tape!!
After witnessing all this blood-curdling incompetence, they 'boss' even joked about me treating him for lunch! God!!

Where does Etisalat get these people?!?!?!

-- Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:23 pm --

Not_Sure wrote:Although i would be more than happy to help you resolve your router issues....

Thanks, well maybe you're familiar with this one:
I'm using the standard issue gigaset 504 AGU wireless router. When I don't have internet activity and do a continuous ping on the router IP itself, it is fine. I browse the internet and it is still ok.
Problem starts as soon as another device connects- timeouts start appearing on the ping and internet becomes laggy. It even becomes worse when I start up bittorrent.
Not sure if it's bandwidth problem (I have 16Mb and I'm pretty sure no one I don't know can connect to it as I changed the password on the router and on the wireless network several times already), and if it is, I don't know how to present the scenario to Etisalat knowing how incompetent and thick-skulled their techs are. :(
yujinn
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat