Etisalat.. No, Thanks!

Topic locked
Etisalat.. no, thanks! Feb 04, 2006
Hi there!

Do you guys have the same problems?
Lousy internet connection (ADSL what they call Al Shamil.. I would rather call it 'A Shame') drops every now and then and is then sometimes not available for minutes. Today I got disconnected about 7-8 times in 30 minutes.
Same quality are the telephone lines, doesn't matter if landline or mobile.
During calls to Germany I sometimes hear lots of other people talking in my line and mobile connections are often disconnected without any reason.
Is that standard?

Cheers,
Ben

bschmidt
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 04, 2006
Er that'll be Eitsalat, but sadly we don't have a choice!

Oh and before someone mentions the NEW phone company - NEW my B*tt! Did you know it's going to be half owned by Dubai Holdings and half owned by the Government? So no it's still not an independent company and it's still a monopoly, because both are owned by the Government - what a big pile of steaming camel poop!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Etisalat.. no, thanks! Feb 04, 2006
bschmidt wrote:Hi there!

Do you guys have the same problems?
Lousy internet connection (ADSL what they call Al Shamil.. I would rather call it 'A Shame') drops every now and then and is then sometimes not available for minutes. Today I got disconnected about 7-8 times in 30 minutes.
Same quality are the telephone lines, doesn't matter if landline or mobile.
During calls to Germany I sometimes hear lots of other people talking in my line and mobile connections are often disconnected without any reason.
Is that standard?

Cheers,
Ben

Have to admit, I don't get these problems.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 04, 2006
Mee too ... Never with phone lines, nor the internet connection! Feel blessed.
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Feb 04, 2006
Oh, you are so lucky!
Maybe thats because I am in SHJ?

Well I must admit, most of the time the internet access is quite ok and quite fast. If only these disconnections would stop...

Ben
bschmidt
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 04, 2006
Phone line is close to excellent

Internet though sux :evil:
Defo
Dubai Forums Talker

Feb 04, 2006
Defo wrote:Phone line is close to excellent

I can really not agree on that...

Maybe it depends on where you are calling?

Once, I phoned someone in Germany and suddenly I could not hear the person that I called anymore, I just heard some noises for a few seconds and thereafter I heard someone else talking for about 10 seconds, I continued listening as it was quite funny and noticed that every ten seconds the connection changed and I could listen to some other conversation.

btw... that is definetely not the German phone-network, phone lines in Germany are really close to excellent.

Cheers,
Ben

... I think that monopolies suck!
bschmidt
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Etisalat.. no, thanks! Feb 04, 2006
bschmidt wrote:Same quality are the telephone lines, doesn't matter if landline or mobile.
Is that standard?

Cheers,
Ben

I'm lucky enough that my internet connection is pretty good but I can very much relate to the long distance calls, most of the calls i make on my mobile are long distance and many times i've had crossed lines (can hear other people on the line) or the call can't connect unless i try several times. This only happens to me on calls outside of the middle east (most of my calls are to Sweden, Canada or the UK) the ones that are local or to neighboring countries are always clear and connect on the first try.
I hate Etisalat, I use VOIP for a portion of my calls but i'm rarely at home so i do make a lot of calls on my mobile.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat