Etisalat Connects With Barcelona

Topic locked
etisalat connects with Barcelona Feb 19, 2009
http://www.gulfnews.com/sport/Football/10287451.html

what's with UAE aiming at EU football teams ? I guess they gave up on local one to ever pass the borders LOL

uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: etisalat connects with Barcelona Feb 19, 2009
uaekid wrote:http://www.gulfnews.com/sport/Football/10287451.html

what's with UAE aiming at EU football teams ? I guess they gave up on local one to ever pass the borders LOL

I think its a similar deal to what the Saudi Telecom have signed with Manchester United.
Galactico
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 19, 2009
2 reasons:

1. Money
2. Money

1. The slick suits who sell sports sponsorship in Europe have run out of gullible corporations as none of them have 2 Euros to rub together anymore and these big clubs have stupid wage bills to meet for the overpriced ham acting ballet dancers they employ to kick a ball around the park.

2. The global satellite TV networks have paid vast barrows full of cash for the rights to show these clubs acting out their weekend rituals and the viewership is sold to the sponsors as a 'cost effective sponsorship' due to the visibility of their identity.

3. The merchandising rights make more than all these deals put together because stupid parents buy their equally stupid children branded shirts every time the club changes strip. Which seems to happen 3 or 4 times a year...

Football is no longer a sport. It is big business on grass...

:x :x :x

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 20, 2009
I worked on this and was sworn to secrecy over the past three weeks.

It's not a sponsorship as such, DK. Barcelona will not have ETISALAT emblazoned across their shirts, as we first thought.

Instead, maybe plenty of Etisalat posters around the Nou Camp touch line; Barca TV on E-vision, Barca playing friendlies here, opening a sports academy, that sort of thing.

It's some kind of PR partnership, rather than sponsorship. And yes, Glactico, Etisalat were trying to 'beat' the Saudi Telecom deal for newsworthiness.
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 20, 2009
calypso wrote:Is that Etisalat something to do with yellow pages uae

Where are you posting from?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 20, 2009
Sage, your creative use of the edit and delete facility is beginning to bother me.
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 20, 2009
Del wrote:Sage, your creative use of the edit and delete facility is beginning to bother me.

Excuse me?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 21, 2009
/\/\/\

Where is the post from Calypso is the question I think.

Anyway, I have a question. Why is Etisalat wanting to expand their global image? Am I not understanding their company properly? Are they not just the major telecom in the UAE and no where else?

What is the point of randoms around the world recognising Etisalat? How can they use them if they wanted to?

Or is Etisalat offering proxy services to the world whereby you can have your internet filtered? ;-)
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Feb 21, 2009
Captain Australia wrote: Are they not just the major telecom in the UAE and no where else?

No.
Mobily (Saudi) Atlantique (west Africa) Sudan's telcom network and a few others are all owned by Etisalat.
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat