Dubai To London Walk

Topic locked
dubai to london walk Feb 05, 2008
hey guyz ,
can u guys help us find locations worth visiting for me and a friend ,

We are walking from dubai to amsterdam and then we fly to Uk,i need ideas and recommendations ,also advices from travellers,

We are doing this for dubai,
Any donations recieved would go for UNICEF

i'm creating the website and will let u know as soon as its ready,

Herez our trip planned so far,

Walk to London

Distance - Approx 8000kms

dubai
abudhabi
ash sharqiyah (KSA)
kuwait city (kuwait)
baghdad(iraq)
halab(syria)
gaziantep(turkey)
adana(turkey)
ankara(turkey)
istanbul(turkey)
sofiya(bulgaria)
bucuresti(romania)
budapest(hungary)
austria
munich (germany)
luxembourg
paris(france)
brussels(belgium)
amsterdam(netherlands)

Sail to london,
Walk on the ship

my friend disagrees that we go from Northern Emirates to Oman, yemen, then north to Saudi Arabia, then to the city of Aqaba, west to EGYPT, Cyprus, Then Turkey and rest is same until Amsterdam.

hack88
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 05, 2008
bloody hells bells man, this deserves being "stickied" for a month.

Fair play to you and respect.

Post details for sponsorship contributions would you please.

PS -When you arrive in Amsterdam, walk straight to a Coffee Shop and have a few spliff's on us will ya.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 05, 2008
You're gonna be very tired when you reach london !!

good cause btw.. have you found sponsors yet?
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 05, 2008
hey guyz..thnkz for replying..

we'll start accepting donations after the website is done,
we have not found sponsors yet,but are expecting some,
hack88
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 05, 2008
We are not the first ones to travel so long I mean Ibn Battuta more than we are about or then we ever will.

No sponsors yet because we still have issues to consider.

If you guys know somebody please let us hack.88 and me bsorc know about it.

Most common reactions we've had was
"You are crazy"
bsorc
Dubai forums Addict

added Feb 05, 2008
we've added Beirut and Damascus in our trip also :)

It will take us around 8 months,
9-10 hr walk per day,
5kms per hour,

a walk of around 10000 Kms ,
50kms per day
200 days - 10000kms
hack88
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 05, 2008
This is the First phase of our journey.
bsorc
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 05, 2008
This is phase 2
bsorc
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 06, 2008
Why anyone would want to go to London let alone walk there is beyond me...
craigindubai
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 06, 2008
RESPECT! And you are not even taking the shortest route. Tell me when you are in Holland, we will take good care of you.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 06, 2008
Craig

London is a superb city, a very busy city but a great city none the less. What don't you like about London?

Where are you from out of interest - I assume somewhere in the north of England judging by your post?
nick_25
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 06, 2008
Give us a shout here in DF whenever the site is up...Good Luck to both of you,.,, :wave:
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 06, 2008
nick_25 wrote:Craig

London is a superb city, a very busy city but a great city none the less. What don't you like about London?

Where are you from out of interest - I assume somewhere in the north of England judging by your post?

London's fine... It's just the English that are annoying....
craigindubai
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 06, 2008
Hack you may wanna read a book called "they saddle dogs here" about a guy and his friend who drove from Abu Dhabi to London and the things they encountered on the way. Not as hard as you walking - but certainly some interesting events.
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 06, 2008
Good luck lads.

Keep us posted.

Shouldn't this thread be in the Travel Forum? Specially since just in the last 2 days the suggestion that there were too many forums was met with a few posts inidicating that the problem might be posts in the wrong forum (posted by a mod I believe).
I wrote
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 06, 2008
yes it should but as it is for charity i have decided to keep it in General, and travel is possibly the least visited forum here and the newest to be added at the request of a few regulars.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 06, 2008
arniegang wrote:yes it should but as it is for charity i have decided to keep it in General, and travel is possibly the least visited forum here and the newest to be added at the request of a few regulars.

Seems a bit contradictory. The essence is travel and people travel for different reasons and for different purposes.

by the way, I can't say whether or not Travel is the least visited. But I note you were quoting figures before (in the too many forums thread just below). So I did the same and it turns out that Travel forum has more posts than the following forums:

1. Suggestion forum
2. Arabic forum
3. Dubai Guide forum
4. for Sale forum
5. Black list forum
6. Will Buy forum

Strange then.
I wrote
Dubai Forums Member

hey Feb 06, 2008
scarlet wrote:Hack you may wanna read a book called "they saddle dogs here" about a guy and his friend who drove from Abu Dhabi to London and the things they encountered on the way. Not as hard as you walking - but certainly some interesting events.

hey...wher can i get the book from in dubai,
hack88
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 07, 2008
Props...!!!
n Good luck bros..
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: hey Feb 07, 2008
hack88 wrote:
scarlet wrote:Hack you may wanna read a book called "they saddle dogs here" about a guy and his friend who drove from Abu Dhabi to London and the things they encountered on the way. Not as hard as you walking - but certainly some interesting events.

hey...wher can i get the book from in dubai,

Magrudys, or the bookshops attached to spinneys. Author is Greg Hunt
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 08, 2008
Hack, I was just wondering as to what is the route you've planned and if the entire walk will be on roads?
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

hey Feb 08, 2008
KeithL wrote:Hack, I was just wondering as to what is the route you've planned and if the entire walk will be on roads?

ther'll b trekking also
hack88
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 08, 2008
KeithL wrote:Hack, I was just wondering as to what is the route you've planned and if the entire walk will be on roads?

Well Keithl, We will be following a road to the City of Sur in Oman, After that we have trek to the mountains of oman until we reach Salalah, but there is still a disgreement whether we should go to Salalah due to extreme terrain surrounding the region.
We plan to cross the desert towards Yemen then reach the City of Hajarain(two rocks city), towards San'aa and north crossing Saudi Arabia.
bsorc
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 18, 2008
@hack88

wat about your etisalat job? they givin ya such a long vacation ? lol .. :lol:
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Feb 18, 2008
Actually hack and I both work in etisalat, i dont know about hack but i dont mind quitting.

This thought of this journey is what keeps me happy at work.
bsorc
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 18, 2008
Guys we have come up with the temporary website while hack88 is working on the real one.

www.uaejourney.co.nr
bsorc
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 19, 2008
lol the last time i went for a walk was at the mall of emirates. walked for like 20 minutes and was panting like a dog. then walked for like 15 minutes trying to figure out where my car was parked and was blooody knackered after 35 minutes of walking.

anyways good luck with your trip if it does go ahead as planned. i see you are not going towards iraq :D.

i guess u guys should start resting now go into hibernation probably and come out of your caves after a month or so and go for the long walk. heheh

good luck
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 19, 2008
rudeboy wrote:lol the last time i went for a walk was at the mall of emirates. walked for like 20 minutes and was panting like a dog. then walked for like 15 minutes trying to figure out where my car was parked and was blooody knackered after 35 minutes of walking.

anyways good luck with your trip if it does go ahead as planned. i see you are not going towards iraq :D.

i guess u guys should start resting now go into hibernation probably and come out of your caves after a month or so and go for the long walk. heheh

good luck

Thanks for the support rudeboy, I've been walking alot since i was 13. At one time i walked all the way from Sahara Mall to the border of ajman but this is obviously different :roll:

No time for hibernation, we want to start ina specific time to avoid cross the parts of the Empty Quarter during summer.
We'd be cooked.
bsorc
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 19, 2008
bsorc wrote:
rudeboy wrote:lol the last time i went for a walk was at the mall of emirates. walked for like 20 minutes and was panting like a dog. then walked for like 15 minutes trying to figure out where my car was parked and was blooody knackered after 35 minutes of walking.

good luck

Thanks for the support rudeboy, I've been walking alot since i was 13. At one time i walked all the way from Sahara Mall to the border of ajman but this is obviously different :roll:

No time for hibernation, we want to start ina specific time to avoid cross the parts of the Empty Quarter during summer.
We'd be cooked.

sounds like u been walking alot. as i see it lifes a great walk itself. god knows how long we have walked all our life. so y u wanna go for another walk that too from dubai to london :S.

i really think u should go into hibernation. eat as much as you can drink as much as you can and sleep as much as you can. and then go for the walk and you will be sorted :D.

anyways good luck. and remember to take the sun creame with you cos you will get cooked anyways walking in the sun.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 20, 2008
You are right about being cooked, i will think about that.
I will try to avoid deserts as much as possible.

We have a problem,
We have planned the exact route, the items to carry, time, distance etc.
but we are still having problems with sponsorship. Any suggestions you guys provide will be helpful.
bsorc
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat