1. If your road map is more than a few weeks old, throw it out and get a new one.
2. If you are in Rashidiya and your map is one day old, then it is already obsolete.
3. Forget the traffic rules you learned elsewhere. Dubai has it's own version of traffic rules, which can be summarized as "Hold on and pray!"
4. If it is your priority to cross, forget it and wait.
5. There is no such thing as a dangerous high-speed chase in Dubai. Everyone drives like that.
6. When you plan to get a new car, ask first about its acceleration from 80 to 160 Km/h recommended: 3 seconds). Very important if you frequently use the Emirates Road
7. All directions start with Sheikh Zayed Road, which has no beginning and no end.
8. The morning rush hour is from 5:00 AM, The evening rush hour is from 1:00 PM to 10:00 PM.
9. Thursday's rush hour starts Wednesday morning.
10. If you slow down at a yellow light, you will be rear-ended and then given a ticket by the DubaiPolice.
11. If you are the first one at the intersection, when the light turns green ignore the car honking behind you and count to five to avoid crashing into one of the cars running the red light in cross-traffic.
12. Construction on all main roads is a way of life and a permanent form of entertainment. (Sorry for the inconvenience)
13. All unfamiliar sights are explained by the phrase, "Oh, we must be in Sharjah!"
14. Car horns are actually toys for big boys.
15. Anyone in a Land Cruiser, Tuned Patrol, or Mercedes with tinted windows has the right of way. Period!
16. If you are driving a Corolla, Sunny, or another small Japanese car, stay on the far right lane. No comment!
17. Most roads mysteriously change names as you cross intersections.
18. To ask directions, you must have good knowledge of Hindi/ Malayalam
19. A trip across town will take a minimum of four hours, although Sheikh Zayed Road has an unposted minimum speed of 150 Km/h.
20. It is sobering to realize that local Arabs are taught how to drive by Pakistanis.
21. 18 wheeler trucks are one of the fastest vehicles in Dubai; they can do 120 Km/h on Hatta-Oman Road when fully loaded.
22. The minimum acceptable speed on the Emirates Road is 160 km/h. Anything less is considered downright sissy.
23. Al Khail Road is Dubai's daily version of NASCAR.
24. Dubai Autodrome has a new extension: The Emirates Road.
25. WELCOME TO THE UAE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!