Dubai Is Driving Me Crazy....is It Just Me?

Topic locked
Sep 04, 2007
(couldnt find in expat help, so replying here, sorry)

I have only driven in the UK and dubai, and i thought the uk had to many 'boy racers', but boy was i wrong!

after driving here for 7 months, im used to it, i have my own little bubble, and the way i drive, most people go around me. (i drive always at the limit, and always have 4 second gap in front and behind) that way no feather ususally gets too close...usually.....

i never let in 4x4's now, i make a point of stoping them cos we all know they are the worst, nothing better than some guy winding down his window and shouting, while i wave at him and smile while saying, 'learn to drive you fing wnker'
by the way, i only stop them when they undertake, dont signal, or my favourite, is when you are waiting in the t-turn or turn left lane, and right at the front, on the solid white lines, they thunder to the front, then stop in the 'fast lane' of the main road, obstructing it, while trying to worm their way in!!! i love that!

also got the camera, i take pictures of cars that like to park lengthways over the only 2 entrances to my apartments car park, just because there is a bank opposite and there is no where to park. its always an indian or a muslim, always.
but then, i think they make up 95% of the people in my neighbourhood so its not suprising!

when i went home, i knew my senses were sharper, and i was right!
uk traffic is in slow motion all the time now to me! it helps as i have a bike in the UK (too scared to ride it here) so when i go home, i tear up the streets!

ps dont worry, i passed my car test in britain, and my bike test in britain, so i like to think of myself as a good driver. never got any points.

ok, rant over, someone elses turn!

dave101
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 04, 2007
dave101 wrote:after driving here for 7 months, im used to it, i have my own little bubble, and the way i drive, most people go around me. (i drive always at the limit, and always have 4 second gap in front and behind) that way no feather ususally gets too close...usually.....

i never let in 4x4's now, i make a point of stoping them cos we all know they are the worst, nothing better than some guy winding down his window and shouting, while i wave at him and smile while saying, 'learn to drive you fing wnker'
by the way, i only stop them when they undertake, dont signal, or my favourite, is when you are waiting in the t-turn or turn left lane, and right at the front, on the solid white lines, they thunder to the front, then stop in the 'fast lane' of the main road, obstructing it, while trying to worm their way in!!! i love that!

also got the camera, i take pictures of cars that like to park lengthways over the only 2 entrances to my apartments car park, just because there is a bank opposite and there is no where to park. its always an indian or a muslim, always.
but then, i think they make up 95% of the people in my neighbourhood so its not suprising!

I was ready to call your ass racist. But I couldn't! :shock:

To tell you the truth though, most problems on the highway could be avoided simply by not stepping out onto the fast lane. I move over when I want to relax. I have relatives who never step onto the fast lane, so they never complain.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 04, 2007
yeah im not racist, just annoyed!

its only at peak times it really gets crazy, other times the slow lane is fine, because not alot of people about.

just avoid all the bottlenecks!
dave101
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 05, 2007
No one can be a racist..

For sure! 8)
real_foxy
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 05, 2007
yep dubai roads is lame, dubai people and its expats are lame, dubai this is lame. but were still all here? why ? duno, maybe coz our country is lamer? lol, just a thought.
:lol:
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 05, 2007
xero_ wrote:yep dubai roads is lame, dubai people and its expats are lame, dubai this is lame. but were still all here? why ? duno, maybe coz our country is lamer? lol, just a thought.
:lol:

I don't know why you people are here, but I grew up here, no matter what the government brands me.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 05, 2007
i also grew up here :o since 1994, i was 8 yrs old back then.
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat