My Dilemma!

Topic locked
My Dilemma! Oct 06, 2011
I have been working away from home for a couple of days and last night I was at a bit of a loose end so I decided to pop down the High Street to the Dog and Mugger for a couple of what ever was on offer.

I'm a bit of a people watcher, and I sat at the bar minding my own business, checking my emails on my phone and having a sneaky look at DF when I noticed a big gadgy standing at the bar taking a sip of his Guiness. He really enjoyed that first sip of his pint after what looked like a hard day on the local building site.

He set his pint down and took himself off to the little boys room, and another man came up to the bar. While this man was being served he let out this HUGE sneeze and I watched a bit of snot landing in the absent man's Guiness. It settled on the white froth and slowly sank into the beer.

To give the sneezer his due, he hadn't noticed that he had gobbed into someone's Guiness.

The big gadgy returned from the toilet :shock:

What did I do? :?

What would you have done?

Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: My Dilemma! Oct 06, 2011
Interesting question BM. Its all hindsight now, but first off, never let your drink unattended. Thats a big nono!
I think I would have told the guy. Letting a bloke drink beer with spit is just wrong on so many levels.
What did you do? I hope you told him, or told the bar man who would have replaced it.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

I would have said something
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Excuse me, perhaps I'm being naive because I'm new here but what does this have to do with Dubai? Thank you.
interpretivist
BANNED

Not much, but we like discussing deep philosophical issues.
Can't wait for BM's answer. What do you think? Did she buy the guy a new beer?
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

I think she watched him drink it and had herself a little giggle.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

I think I probably would have told the sneezer politely that he'd left his bodily fluids in the guys drink and hope he got the bar man to replace it.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Now thats an interesting dilemma BM!!
It reminds me of a time when I was in someone's marriage celebrations a long time ago; lots of drinking and drunk people. I saw one of the younger guys p.i.s.s in one of the empty beer bottles and place it on the bar! :shock:
I saw another macho type guy, who hadn't seen what had happened, stagger towards the bottle and drink it to the dregs! In one go! :shock: There was a slight altercation when somebody gave him the true picture!
This is a true story.
I never stop fools who leave their drinks unattended or drink from unattended bottles!
zonker
BANNED

interpretivist wrote:Excuse me, perhaps I'm being naive because I'm new here but what does this have to do with Dubai? Thank you.

As you know, most of what gets posted has very little to do with Dubai - unless someone is bashing Dubai. :D

As to what would I have done/ Well reading it made by stomach a bit sour and found myself holding back from gagging.. More than likely I couldn't have done much if I had actually been there as I would have been in the bathroom throwing up!!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: My Dilemma! Oct 07, 2011
Flying Dutchman wrote:Interesting question BM. Its all hindsight now, but first off, never let your drink unattended. Thats a big nono!

You are right FD, never leave your drink unattended, especially if you are a woman!
However...it was a Wednesday night in The Dog and Mugger and when the sneezer entered the pub, we were 4 and that included the barman!

So what did I do?

Well the big fella returned from his trip to the little boy's room. I watched him cross the floor and return to his pint. :shock:
My mind was in turmoil!
Do I say something?
Time was running out!
He lifted the glass :shock:
It was like in slow motion!
I screamed (in my head) NOOOOOOO!
I saw myself diving across the bar like Mike Tindall in the England Scotland (or was in Wales?) match and knocking the glass clean out of his hand.
I looked the big fella straight in the eye.
'Excuse me' BM said nervously.
I had gained his attention! He put down the glass!
'Awreet?' he murmed in his thick northern accent.
'Yes, thank you' says BM.
'I would just like to say....'
'What?' says the big fella, drawing himself up to his full height of 5'9'' (approx)
'Someone has gobbed into your pint' says BM in her poshest accent, 'and it wasn't me'
At this point the barman had a rush of blood to his feet and went two shades whiter.
'or the barman...'
The big fella turned his back to the bar to take in the sight of the other occupant of the Dog and Mugger.
The was a moments silence....you could hear a pin drop.....and the big fella raised his glass.....and drank the pint in one go!
Gulp!
:shock: X 2!!
The big fella turned back to the barman who was rooted to the spot. 'Another Guiness and what ever she's drinking'.

Who says Englishmen aren't hard? LOL
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat