valkyrie
Dubai chat master

Sep 26, 2006
valkyrie wrote:oops its spelled wellbutrin http://www.wellbutrin-xl.com/

lol okay, thank you!!!
Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 26, 2006
valkyrie wrote:My recommendation is that you should ask your doctor for wellbutron. Its from a different family than prozac/ zoloft and has very little side effects(dry mouth I think is one). I'm sorry i don't have any personal anecdotes to help you, but nick81's advice actually sounded pretty good.

Well hello, it's me! :P

Anyway IMO you should stay away from drugs unless you are suffering from severe depression... Way too many side-effects and in my book, the less drugs I take, the better. I hate depending on tiny white pills! (yes even panadol!)
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 26, 2006
Nick81 wrote:
valkyrie wrote:My recommendation is that you should ask your doctor for wellbutron. Its from a different family than prozac/ zoloft and has very little side effects(dry mouth I think is one). I'm sorry i don't have any personal anecdotes to help you, but nick81's advice actually sounded pretty good.

Well hello, it's me! :P

Anyway IMO you should stay away from drugs unless you are suffering from severe depression... Way too many side-effects and in my book, the less drugs I take, the better. I hate depending on tiny white pills! (yes even panadol!)

lol I so know wat u're talkin about, cause I'm just the same, last thing I think of doin is takin pills!!!!
Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 26, 2006
But it's not easy when you suffer from chronic migraines!! I only have them 2 or 3 times a year but when I do the first solution that comes to mind is grab a drill and find the source of the pain!! :evil:

That might be the only time where I use pills, but even then they hardly help... Advil, Panadol super duper extra, I tried them all...
Nick81

Sep 26, 2006
Nick81 wrote:But it's not easy when you suffer from chronic migraines!! I only have them 2 or 3 times a year but when I do the first solution that comes to mind is grab a drill and find the source of the pain!! :evil:

That might be the only time where I use pills, but even then they hardly help... Advil, Panadol super duper extra, I tried them all...

Oh okay I see =-]
Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 26, 2006
Bleakus wrote:i dont know about you guys but i know that Celine Dion depress the hell out of me

hey bleak whats wrong with Celine? tsk I love her... :roll:
zam

Sep 26, 2006
zam wrote:
Bleakus wrote:i dont know about you guys but i know that Celine Dion depress the hell out of me

sorry, its just that i was stuck in a room listening to celion dion all day until i hated it ;)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 26, 2006
What about taking St. John's Wort - it is a herb that has been thought to calm and improve one's mood. I have had some friends and family take it in times of depression. Here is page with lots of info - don't know how reliable it all is, but you can wade through it. http://www.hypericum.com/

I've suffered from heavy depression once, and it was rough. I don't believe it was a god testing me - it was me being a teenager with imbalances in my hormones and brain chemistry. In the end, my parents and friends were the people who got me through it. Also, you need to exercise (very imporant!) and stop yourself from indulging in the depressive thoughts. E.g. being alone and thinking negative things about yourself or your life. Get out and be with people who care about you! Do something active. Believe me - when you feel you have hit the bottom it is comforting to know that there is no place else to go but back up! :D You can and will get through it.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Depression???! Sep 26, 2006
Sara1983 wrote:How Do You Deal With Depression??

Me, stay under the shower, don't stay for too long or you'll get parched lol. I got my lips really dried once @!@

eat lots of chocolate and chips!!!!!
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 26, 2006
I wouldn't visit a normal GP to ask for pills, first you have to figure out if it is actually despression you're suffering from, and a visit to a good - wait for it - don't be scared - shrink or councellor can do the world of good. They willt ake you through all the things that are happening in your life and find out what the problems are.

Sometimes it's really good to talk to someone who doesn't know you, as they are more objective.

Only if they feel that you are suffering from a severe level of depression or clinical depression will they prescribe uppers, or anti-depressents, and I do not recommend them at all.

Tablets like Zoloft can turn you into a complete unfeeling zombie, with zero emotions at all, they are not good and I totally recommend people to stay well away from them and try natural remedies instead. If you can find a herbalist chemist then try asking for the Bach Flower Remedies, Rescue Remedy works wonders, it's brilliant.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 26, 2006
kanelli wrote:What about taking St. John's Wort - it is a herb that has been thought to calm and improve one's mood. I have had some friends and family take it in times of depression. Here is page with lots of info - don't know how reliable it all is, but you can wade through it. http://www.hypericum.com/

I've suffered from heavy depression once, and it was rough. I don't believe it was a god testing me - it was me being a teenager with imbalances in my hormones and brain chemistry. In the end, my parents and friends were the people who got me through it. Also, you need to exercise (very imporant!) and stop yourself from indulging in the depressive thoughts. E.g. being alone and thinking negative things about yourself or your life. Get out and be with people who care about you! Do something active. Believe me - when you feel you have hit the bottom it is comforting to know that there is no place else to go but back up! :D You can and will get through it.

A dose of Lithium sorts those pesky imbalances out.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 26, 2006
zam wrote:

*remembers Titanic*

*gets pills, herbs, chemicals, grinds the whole thing and shoot it up a vein*

Nick81

Me, stay under the shower, don't stay for too long or you'll get parched lol. I got my lips really dried once @!@

:?
don't worry..be happy
noni
Dubai chat master

noni wrote:

don't worry..be happy

Didn't Bobby McFerrin (who sang that song) commit suicide because he was depressed?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dubai Knight wrote:
noni wrote:

don't worry..be happy

Didn't Bobby McFerrin (who sang that song) commit suicide because he was depressed?

Knight

hahahahah i wonder. Wouldn't that be scarily ironic? :roll:
noni
Dubai chat master

Dubai Knight wrote:
noni wrote:

don't worry..be happy

Knight

Nah it was just a rumor...

http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/mcferrin.htm
Nick81

Sep 26, 2006
Yeah, pills would be awful. Maybe they'd help on the short term but your body will become used to them and you'll NEED them to be happy at all.

The only time I've been depressed (it was over a guy. Smack head against brick wall) I listened to sad songs and ate chocolate gateaux and didn't leave my room for a few weeks.

Now when I'm sad, I keep myself busy with my friends and find I soon forget it.
Princess Banana Hammock
Dubai Forums Talker

Sep 27, 2006
I've read that MB releases seratonin, also its good for your immune system.
valkyrie
Dubai chat master

Sep 27, 2006
Thanks to ya'll
Will try to keep all that in mind =- )

:love2: :love2: :love7: :love4: :love2: :love1:
Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 27, 2006

kanelli
I'm tryin to figure out what kind of animal is that in your avatar, it looks like a Camel, but not a Camel, It looks like a Cat but its not a cat is it, or is it a Dog lol
Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Depression???! Sep 27, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:
noni wrote:

don't worry..be happy

Knight

I'm Way too smart to commit suicide :D If I'd do, then I'm mentally ill, not depressed :P just my opinion!
Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat