Depression???!

Topic locked
Depression???! Sep 25, 2006
How Do You Deal With Depression??

Me, stay under the shower, don't stay for too long or you'll get parched lol. I got my lips really dried once @!@

Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Depression???! Sep 25, 2006
Sara1983 wrote:How Do You Deal With Depression??

Me, stay under the shower, don't stay for too long or you'll get parched lol. I got my lips really dried once @!@

ice cream works for me, im no chick but it helps

go to the beach and sit there helps......praying helps.........listening to happy music helps..........slaping your bestfriend on the ass helps

try them out ;)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Bleakus wrote:

go to the beach and sit there helps......praying helps.........listening to happy music helps..........slaping your bestfriend on the a#s helps

try them out ;)

Awww thnx tried all that =-] :sad5:
Over the weekend I had that feeling, because of smthn of course
& I kept sayin over & over to my friend I'm such a fool, I'm the biggest dumbo on earth, there should be recognition held for how stupid I am & all that crap of makin myself "the VERY DUMB thing on earth", She said to me "Sara, u see that building go to the roof & jump." lol I laughed & said thnx for givin me that wise option :P
Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

Sara1983 wrote:
Bleakus wrote:

go to the beach and sit there helps......praying helps.........listening to happy music helps..........slaping your bestfriend on the a#s helps

try them out ;)

& I kept sayin over & over to my friend I'm such a fool, I'm the biggest dumbo on earth, there should be recognition held for how stupid I am & all that crap of makin myself "the VERY DUMB thing on earth", She said to me "Sara, u see that building go to the roof & jump." lol I laughed & said thnx for givin me that wise option :P

Sometimes I find it helps to laugh at myself and the things that I have done. I also try to find a way to forgive, this is sometimes difficult, but I try at least.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:
Sara1983 wrote:
Bleakus wrote:

try them out ;)

Sometimes I find it helps to laugh at myself and the things that I have done. I also try to find a way to forgive, this is sometimes difficult, but I try at least.

I've done it done it done it done it -sigh- I'm a "very" forgiving person!
Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 25, 2006
DaveDXB wrote:i knew u were suffering along with the rest of those divas.....finally u spilled it.

Join Alina, Choco, Bushra on their man killing and complaining rampage.

Prepare thyself for the oncoming wrath :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 25, 2006
Praying ice cream does for me too..

one thing really helps me...i enjoy the company of children i take my nieces my cousins (any one under the age of 15)go out for a movie, Toys r us or have dinner..simply lots of fun & laughter..

and hon if its over a man..no man is worth it..
mema
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 25, 2006
Exercise is the best for me, iam very depressed nowadays because I do not have time for the gym. I can’t wait for Friday where I meet my deadline. I also found a good cry helps, when iam depressed I become extra emotional.
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 25, 2006
Best to me, 'Self Hypnosis' ..it works,

Going out to gaming parlours or doins something that needs my full attention,like sports activities, traffic dodging or a computer game.. that way Micosoft AOE. has helped a lot.

Basic rule is divert your mind.

I became a workaholic after i went through a short phase of depression in my life.

short time bad feelings i handle it with going for quick ride on a bile dodging the traffic.. thats ultimate..
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

I eat chocolate. This is the only one thing that helps me (I have not found another one by now). However, it is good only for a short period.
Since I am in depression for a pretty long time already, I gain some extra kilos......:(
AnnaSvensson
Dubai Forums Talker

Sep 25, 2006
1 - I smoke... a lot!

2 - I cry...

3 - I drink... till I feel sleepy/tipsy

4 - I play tennis... always thinking the person who made me mad and you bet my service is good!
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 25, 2006
Go for a walk. You're in London right? Spend a day at the tate or hyde park with a good book.

Go to a make-up counter an dplay around, go for a long drive with your favourite girlhood boppy tunes and sing really loud

Go see a movie at the cinema by yourself.
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 25, 2006
Well let's see I am not depressed but I am not really happy at work and have to deal with a lot of stress... So my way to deal with that in NORMAL conditions is to exercise... Luckily with my Ramadan schedule I think I'll be able to do it everyday, but otherwise I have found it impossible to find the time or energy to do it. So like Anna said, it's chocolate for me too and sheesha... Getting wasted from time to time doesn't hurt either :roll:
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 25, 2006
weary_heart wrote:1 - I smoke... a lot!

2 - I cry...

3 - I drink... till I feel sleepy/tipsy

4 - I play tennis... always thinking the person who made me mad and you bet my service is good!

The problem here is that I do not smoke and I do not really drink.
And I am already tired of crying!!!!

I guess it is important to understand WHY you are depressed.
Well, in my situation it is because my biggest problem for now cann't be resolved for 4 months already...:( And all these 4 months I feel myself really bad.....
...oh!....poor me..... :cry:
AnnaSvensson
Dubai Forums Talker

How do I deal with depression?

Hmmm... :?:

I eat whatever my taste buds crave for... :lol:
I read magazines/books and bore myself to death... :lol:
and if I still feel depress....well I cry it out just to get over it.... :(

if all of the mentioned in your post still doesnt help...then try praying it could really be the answer! :P :wink:
zam

Sep 25, 2006
Depression, oh I hate it when that happens! I usually try to deny that I am depressed and put my happy face on. When really depressed I tend to eat choclate, call a really good friend and vent, redecorate the villa, go outdoors and play in the pool while listening to good music, SHOP, or tell myself what a lucky person I am and get on down the road!!!

Depression is not good for us. We have to fight it, and not give into it. If one gives into depression it becomes a huge pity party and you only hurt yourself, then you're furious with yourself because you let it get the best of you.

Cheer up Sara! It will all be okay, and this too shall pass.
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 25, 2006
dubai girl wrote:Depression, oh I hate it when that happens! I usually try to deny that I am depressed and put my happy face on. When really depressed I tend to eat choclate, call a really good friend and vent, redecorate the villa, go outdoors and play in the pool while listening to good music, SHOP, or tell myself what a lucky person I am and get on down the road!!!

Depression is not good for us. We have to fight it, and not give into it. If one gives into depression it becomes a huge pity party and you only hurt yourself, then you're furious with yourself because you let it get the best of you.

Cheer up Sara! It will all be okay, and this too shall pass.

Very true. The first time I really had a depression was also the last time. And I intend it to be this way forever... I am the first one to admit that it can be very VERY hard to overcome it... Because most of the time it's something personal, something too personal to discuss with anyone. Sometimes it's for some reason that you can't even pinpoint.

Some of the things I did to overcome it was to build up my confidence, my self-esteem. Takes a lot of work, a lot of dedication... Changing the way I saw myself was extremely hard but in the end it paid off.
Nick81

Sep 25, 2006
Depression is crap... I gave in to it once and it nearly killed me. Never again.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 25, 2006
Just remember everything happens for a reason in this life.

If you are Muslim the reason is a test from Allah, your reaction to it will define you as a person.

Praying will help , remebering Allah will help

Short term i guess food helpos make u feel better, good nights sleep,(which isnt easy()

Never been depressed so dont know really , but all that helps for being down
dubaiquote
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 25, 2006
is it the same as being emo about everything :roll: :roll: :wink: ?
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 25, 2006
i dont know about you guys but i know that Celine Dion depress the hell out of me
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 25, 2006
Sara,

Dubaiquote is correct. Everything happens for a reason. Of course, I am one of the oldest ladies in DF and being that I have been through tons of tribulations in life, this is easy for me to say. It is true though. Sometimes things happen that seem so horrid then a door opens. Our attitudes about ourselves, life in general, and keeping a perspective help us all keep our "shit" together. We all have some bad day's and that is not all bad. It helps us to acknowledge that we are only human, makes us realize that we can do better, and gives us more knowledge about ourselves.

Life is a journey, make it good! Hope this helps you.[/quote]
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 25, 2006
-smiles- thank you guys so much >>>>Bear hug for all of ya<<<< =-]

Surprisingly I have done most of the things that you guys mentioned here!!!
yeah puttin that happy face on isn't hard for me, I'm a cheesy person :D

Thank y'all, HUGS
Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 25, 2006
DaveDXB wrote:i knew u were suffering along with the rest of those divas.....finally u spilled it.

Join Alina, Choco, Bushra on their man killing and complaining rampage.

i suffer from depression, wohooo you figured it out. what shall your prize be...moron.

and i dont want to kill men, i love men.

i also envy men. oh well
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 25, 2006
Sara1983 wrote:-smiles- thank you guys so much >>>>Bear hug for all of ya<<<< =-]

Thank y'all, HUGS

Glad to hear that!

Just make sure not to spend too much time alone when you're in that mood... Everyone thinks being alone helps in those cases but it actually makes it worse. You need to get your mind off all the things that are causing you to feel blue. And hey remember, you are the best, you said so yourself :wink: Be strong and don't let anyone, anything get you down!
Nick81

Sep 25, 2006
Nick81 wrote:
Sara1983 wrote:-smiles- thank you guys so much >>>>Bear hug for all of ya<<<< =-]

Thank y'all, HUGS

Glad to hear that!

Just make sure not to spend too much time alone when you're in that mood... Everyone thinks being alone helps in those cases but it actually makes it worse. You need to get your mind off all the things that are causing you to feel blue. And hey remember, you are the best, you said so yourself :wink: Be strong and don't let anyone, anything get you down!

Awww thank you ^^ thats sweet of you :angel13:

its just that sometimes you can't help it ya know... feelings take over you!!!!!!!!!!!
Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

try prozac its not addictive and will make you a better person

on a serious note ask a doctor
not people you dont even know on the internet :roll:

try this though
www.depression.com/
175bpm
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Depression???! Sep 26, 2006
175bpm wrote:

try prozac its not addictive and will make you a better person

on a serious note ask a doctor
not people you dont even know on the internet :roll:

try this though
www.depression.com/

thank u!!!!!
First of all I'm here because I'm out of ideas.
2nd thing those "internet" people were nice and pretty helpful, dontcha think!!!!!!!!
Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 26, 2006
My recommendation is that you should ask your doctor for wellbutron. Its from a different family than prozac/ zoloft and has very little side effects(dry mouth I think is one). I'm sorry i don't have any personal anecdotes to help you, but nick81's advice actually sounded pretty good.
valkyrie
Dubai chat master

Sep 26, 2006
valkyrie wrote:My recommendation is that you should ask your doctor for wellbutron. Its from a different family than prozac/ zoloft and has very little side effects(dry mouth I think is one). I'm sorry i don't have any personal anecdotes to help you, but nick81's advice actually sounded pretty good.

Hey thnx & no need to be sorry =- )
Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat