Dear Du

Topic locked
Dear du Sep 14, 2010
34 minutes.. that's how long I waited on the phone for someone from customer service to answer before hanging up. Actually this is not entirely true, I had a nice dinner before coming back to the pleasure of the 437th iteration of the two-note homogeneous tune you have playing in a loop, interrupted only by a recording remind us that "your call is important to us".

The level of incompetence of your service is mind boggling, I am thinking of contacting Guinness to enter a new record as I do not believe there has ever been a "legitimate" (if you can call a company abusing their monopoly on telecommunications to rob their customers legitimate) business that has accomplished such a feat!

I strongly advise you to fire your customer support manager before you lose even more customers due to the sheer inability of the staff to do something as simple as answer a phone.

I'm waiting on the line as we speak.. 23 minutes and counting, going to pulverize my last record for sure! Anyone want to try to beat me? 04-390 5555, post your record here :)

TeddyBear
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Dear du Sep 14, 2010
34 minutes? Is that all?! Try waiting for 70 until you get to speak to someone, or even going to one of their shops and waiting over 2 hours to be seen.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Dear Du Sep 14, 2010
DU = Damn Useless
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Dear Du Sep 15, 2010
Other than the GSM services I think DU kicks shit isalats ass and is pretty decent. ( IPTV and Broadband )Once I called them had to wait around 45 mins and by the time some drone picked up I ran out of credit on my phone ! Reloaded and recalled same 45 min wait call. Gave them shyte about having to hold for long as then only to get connected to run out of fuloos. I asked if they can call back, Sorry Sir we can't, why do you have a toll free number"Sorry Sir we really appologise for the inconvinence" Then I realised it was no point talking to these drones regarding such issues.

Anyways I have a couple of friends who work for DU and one of them pretty hiiigh up , call centers are all outsourced to India and Egypt ( or some other country like that for arabic )

I susbcribed for the new Talk and Surf offer the day it was launched online ( they launched the offer two days after it was suppose to ) and according to the website it would come online on 15th of Aug which came and went and nothing. So called up my friend found out hes on vacation ! So called my other friend who works much more way down on the pecking order in DU and complained, he took down my details called me back in 5 mins and Broadband will be activated now and two days later the land line will be installed, and thats exactly what happned. Altough a couple of week after that I kept calls from the asking me when I would be availabe for instalation and upgrades and everytime I told them its been done, they seemed surprised !
Later I found out other who had applied started to get SMS conformation around a week after the 15th giving them activation dates some pushed as far back as end of september !

Anyways moral of the story is no point in complaining here, just use the well know method of good old wasta if you have it here in the UAE.

But do keep in mind I have much much more worse stories about shit isalat. 3 months to install a simple DSL line, Over an hour on hold time being the norm plus a lot more. So DU is far from perfect but it is much more of a lesser evil than shit isalat. Now only if they could get their mobile phone reception and connection problems sorted out. They would not be bad at all
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Dear du Sep 15, 2010
We have to suffer 'Don't' service in Media City.

Internet that grinds along at slug speed.

Phones ring, you answer only to receive a monotonous electronic tone.

Mysterious upload and download on our internet lies during the night...when all the office computers are switched off. We complained about that one and fought to receive a huge credit as we were able to prove the downloads were happening outside our office. Never received a satisfactory explanation from 'Don't' as to who and what was being downloaded at our expense.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Eti shit alot billboard on SZR telling you to ring customer service selecting option 2 for deals on how to get cheaper calls to the UK.

Option 2 gives you nothing of the kind on this offer :?

Incompetent idiots :twisted:
arniegang

Oh and a friend applied for it, apperently the prices advertised are just for the intially three months and then later will be hiked up ! And this little nugget of info is the on the website in fine print
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Oh and a friend applied for it, apperently the prices advertised are just for the intially three months and then later will be hiked up ! And this little nugget of info is the on the website in fine print

Eti shit alot never ceases to amaze me to how really crap they are :twisted:
arniegang

I just thank god I'm on DU now, seriously. Until now I've had a few hiccups with them but nothing compared to shit isalat
desertdudeshj

Re: Dear du Sep 16, 2010
i wanted to subscriobe to Du internet once it is available in my area, but after reading they are same as eat shitsalat then i probably wont.

my internet keeps disconnecting every 30 second interval and reconnects during 7pm-12am. all i get from etisalat is that they will send someone to "check" but they never do. god damn stupid company. i pay the full amount monthly (disconnected today due to non-payment) and i get shit connection. if you miss a payment, be rest assured the net will be disconnected in a heart beat.

UP YOURS ETISALAT!
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Dear Du Sep 16, 2010
On a personal level having used both of them I say DU is miles ahead. I have not been disconnected even once since I hooked up since june last year. Etisalat was usually upto 3 times a year lasting anything up to a week. Connection is always solid and actually very close to the connection speed I'm paying for unlike Shitisalat. Where you pay for 8mbps and get 1 !

Maybe its the area I am in, its connected via FTTH infrastructure so I guess that does make a difference. The only complaint I have with DU is the GSM and costomer services.
desertdudeshj

Re: Dear du Sep 16, 2010
They’re both as bad as each other, whether from a Customer Service or Quality of Service point of view especially now they have reached agreement to share networks, it doesn’t matter in the majority of situations as they’re using the same kit and the Proxy Server bottleneck doesn’t really help either, it’s a lottery and not just for the UAE either, it’s faster to use Pigeons in some parts of the UK!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-11325787
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Not defending DU but just speaking from personal experince and usage. As with everything, everyone has different experiences.

Like I said DU is far from perfect but is the lesser of the two evils.
desertdudeshj

Never had a problem in 8 years out here.

Perfect line quality, good internet speed, faultless TV.

What more can one ask for?
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

drewpeacock wrote:Never had a problem in 8 years out here.

Perfect line quality, good internet speed, faultless TV.

What more can one ask for?

Sounds like you have been paid to say that!!!
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Dear Du Oct 11, 2010
lol @ people paying for du and etisalat.

walkie talkies are free my friends.
Wesker
Dubai Forum User

Re: Dear Du Oct 11, 2010
And also illegal
desertdudeshj

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat