Congrats Marnie Pearce!

Topic locked
Congrats Marnie Pearce! Apr 27, 2009
It is fabulous news to hear that Marnie Pearce has finally been released from jail and will be allowed to remain in the UAE to fight for custody of her children.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/berk ... 020432.stm

Now, I hope she gets a great lawyer who can fight tooth and nail to get her custody rights back. After this, I hope she gets full custody and not joint, because the husband doesn't deserve to share custody if he can do that to the mother of his children.

kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Congrats Marnie Pearce! Apr 27, 2009
kanelli wrote:It is fabulous news to hear that Marnie Pearce has finally been released from jail and will be allowed to remain in the UAE to fight for custody of her children.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/berk ... 020432.stm

Now, I hope she gets a great lawyer who can fight tooth and nail to get her custody rights back. After this, I hope she gets full custody and not joint, because the husband doesn't deserve to share custody if he can do that to the mother of his children.

Seems to be a good decision by the courts, mind you sometimes everything is not as it seems.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 27, 2009
This is great news. A lot of women (giving credit to those on EW) worked very hard supporting Marnie. I understand that quite a few messages were sent to HH Sheikh Mo website from women asking for his intervention. For any laws to be bent he would be the one to bend them.

I hope this works out favorably for Marnie and then she can sit down and write that book. I'm sure it would be interesting.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 27, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:This is great news. A lot of women (giving credit to those on EW) worked very hard supporting Marnie. I understand that quite a few messages were sent to HH Sheikh Mo website from women asking for his intervention. For any laws to be bent he would be the one to bend them.

I hope this works out favorably for Marnie and then she can sit down and write that book. I'm sure it would be interesting.

So basically what your saying is that she was absolutely innocent?, are you sure?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 27, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:This is great news. A lot of women (giving credit to those on EW) worked very hard supporting Marnie. I understand that quite a few messages were sent to HH Sheikh Mo website from women asking for his intervention. For any laws to be bent he would be the one to bend them.

So basically what your saying is that she was absolutely innocent?, are you sure?

I don't see where i said that or implied it. And it's not to say that her husband was innocent. If at the very least she can get shared custody and remain in the UAE to be near her children. That IMHO would be a good thing. Whatever the behavior of the parents she is entitled to be with her children on some level.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 27, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

I don't see where i said that or implied it. And it's not to say that her husband was innocent. If at the very least she can get shared custody and remain in the UAE to be near her children. That IMHO would be a good thing. Whatever the behavior of the parents she is entitled to be with her children on some level.

That is of course in your Western line of thinking (not a criticism), unfortunately she is in a Country that looks at things slightly differently.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 27, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

That is of course in your Western line of thinking (not a criticism), unfortunately she is in a Country that looks at things slightly differently.

Well I would have to rephrase that: looks at things VERY differently.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 27, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

As you wish my dear
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 27, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

And you are VERY much not an exception to that :lol: :lol: :lol:
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 27, 2009
Good for Marnie Pierce. Good for her children.
But she still has to fight for custody of her children. I wish her the very best....
The logic that eludes me is that the courts finds her innocent, after she completed a 69 day term behind bars. The very fact that she was imprisoned implies that a crime was committed. But now that she's deemed innocent; is the husband guilty? On what logic are they basing this case on?
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 28, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Not so differently on this one. I remember a few years back some men claimed the walls of some building in UK to protest against not having any rights to their children when divorcing. They argued the courts where heavily in favor of the mothers.

As Danny DeVito said in the War of the roses:
Civilized divorce? These two words are contradictory.
bezor
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 28, 2009
She wasn't found innocent, just served her jail time. They are being lenient about the deportation, which is great.

Well, apparently the husband Ihab El-Labban is the one who cheated first with an American woman. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-storie ... -21235002/

So, which parent is morally fit to raise their children according to UAE law if both parents may have had relations with another while still legally married?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat