Cats Are Vermin

Topic locked
May 13, 2006
kanelli wrote:Here is one page that tries to dispell some of the myths about feral cats.

http://www.animalsaustralia.org/default ... &idL2=1310

Warrawong sanctuary is up the road from where I used live and has an abundance of breeding (including the platypus and bettongs etc) Aussie wildlife and cat proof fences-not possible without them I'm afraid-many Aussie animals forage on the ground and are easy prey.Cats are a problem because their owners leave them to wander during the day while they are at work. No matter how cute our neighbours cat was and although it wore a bell it was a killer that killed not for food but for fun. I went into the Rangers office in the Flinders Ranges where they had a feral cat skin on display-it was huge and the contents of this cat's stomach was horrific-all native wildlife!! There are many cat lovers in Australia but the fact is you really shouldn't have a cat in some areas of Australia. The site you have quoted is pro-animal/cat- to counter you web page look up Warrawong and see what happens when you keep out certain animals. It is an amazing place.

GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 13, 2006
I cant believe a thread about cats is on its third page.

Cat people are wackos.
Zapata
Dubai Forums Member

May 13, 2006
Zapata wrote:I cant believe a thread about cats is on its third page.

Cat people are wackos.

just because u dislike cats that does not mean that everybody else who might have a different opinion r stupid, wakos and other "sweet words" u got used to call them! i am one of the "wackos" u small brain usless rat! :twisted:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 13, 2006
You're the wacko and should be put out of your misery!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 13, 2006
Zapata wrote:I cant believe a thread about cats is on its third page.

Cat people are wackos.

Oh i can, but there again the regulars can make 3 pages outa any old crap.

:lol: :lol:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 13, 2006
There is a strange discrimination against animals here in the UAE...

Horses and camels are treated better than many humans, cats are treated well in the home and even the feral ones are fed by the community and tolerated and allowed to breed amongst us.

However dogs are shunned, restricted and persecuted; not being allowed in parks or on public beaches. Many locals have them as loving pets and are very responsible owners. There is a very strong Saluki racing community here also and the racing animals are treated well...however a 'Heinz 57' no matter how well behaved or cute, is treated as a Pariah, and if it is unfortunate enough to be born in Sharjah, runs the risk of being publicly poisoned and dying in agony in front of a crowd.

Some of us are life long dog owners and know how to look after them and keep them in control, so why are there no places we can take them apart from the desert?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

May 13, 2006
things are just going to the dogs DK

:lol: :lol:
arniegang

May 13, 2006
'Ruff!' Innit!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

May 13, 2006
if it is unfortunate enough to be born in Sharjah, runs the risk of being publicly poisoned and dying in agony in front of a crowd.

Killing dogs? Sick sick bastards.

i am one of the "wackos" u small brain usless rat!

Haha! Good one! Now youre talking.

Im getting horny.
Zapata
Dubai Forums Member

May 13, 2006
Zapta

Your language is disgraceful. Please refrain in future or i will edit your posts. This is your last warning.
arniegang

May 13, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:There is a strange discrimination against animals here in the UAE...

Horses and camels are treated better than many humans, cats are treated well in the home and even the feral ones are fed by the community and tolerated and allowed to breed amongst us.

However dogs are shunned, restricted and persecuted; not being allowed in parks or on public beaches. Many locals have them as loving pets and are very responsible owners. There is a very strong Saluki racing community here also and the racing animals are treated well...however a 'Heinz 57' no matter how well behaved or cute, is treated as a Pariah, and if it is unfortunate enough to be born in Sharjah, runs the risk of being publicly poisoned and dying in agony in front of a crowd.

Some of us are life long dog owners and know how to look after them and keep them in control, so why are there no places we can take them apart from the desert?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight

You can walk your dog around the block or take it to Jebel Ali Beach.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 13, 2006
Thanks Gab, that's what I do. Even Jebel Ali beach is restricted for dogs. Yes the police are tolerant and they turn a blind eye to expats who have their animals under control, but the official rules posted there state that dogs are not allowed...nor is camping or any barbecues!

It would be nice to have an area of grass or a section of one of the parks where Municipality make it 'dog friendly'. There are organic dog waste disposal units now that can be built into the ground and it would be compulsary for all owners to use a 'pooper scooper' and clear up behind their pets.

Like the annual dog show at Nad Al Sheba, I am sure it would be well attended and become a major Dubai social centre!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

May 13, 2006
Zapata wrote:
if it is unfortunate enough to be born in Sharjah, runs the risk of being publicly poisoned and dying in agony in front of a crowd.

Killing dogs? Sick sick bastards.

i am one of the "wackos" u small brain usless rat!

Haha! Good one! Now youre talking.

Im getting horny.

horny...there comes the real wacko! i kindly advice u to watch ur vocabulary when u r refering to me or i might make some scarves on ur rat pathetic face. meawwwwwww!
as for the part when u get horny i dont give a damn! :twisted:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 13, 2006
Its ok alex he has been warned and i have already deleted one post.

Dont let idiot's like him offend or get to you.
arniegang

May 13, 2006
Well thankfully at the back of Mirdiff here there's still are large area of sand dunes that my doggy friend can run around on and play ball. She's not very good with water, so not so fussed about the beach, but it's high time there was a doggy friendly park.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 13, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Well thankfully at the back of Mirdiff here there's still are large area of sand dunes that my doggy friend can run around on and play ball. She's not very good with water, so not so fussed about the beach, but it's high time there was a doggy friendly park.

Yeah Chocs, used to walk a friend of mines pooches there, particularly in the new contruction bit around Warqaa, however it was hell keeping them out of the old thrown away workers lunch bags!

Knight
Dubai Knight

May 13, 2006
I get paranoid that someone will have baited thrown away food, as my little doggy gets into anything that smells remotely edible! Also it's too hot to take her out during the day now, but at night you have to dodge the wacko quad bikers, who for some strange reason find it hilarious to try and run both dog and owner - losers!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 13, 2006
Chocs

When i did a trip to dragon mart and got lost on my way home, i remember seeing a a sign for Mirdiff. On the side of the road were loads of locals quaders and 4x4's banging around in the dark.

Do you know where this was. ?
arniegang

May 13, 2006
No idea Arnie, it must have been a private get together as the hire palces are banned in Dubai now.

But the kids here in Mirdiff are a pain in the bum, can't tell you how many times I've called the police, but they can't catch the little cretins.

I had one actually playing chicken with my car the other day.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 13, 2006
arniegang wrote:Chocs

When i did a trip to dragon mart and got lost on my way home, i remember seeing a a sign for Mirdiff. On the side of the road were loads of locals quaders and 4x4's banging around in the dark.

Do you know where this was. ?

Er...Mirdif?

There used to be a spot there where they all congregated to ride on a big hill next to the traffic lights, but its all been levelled now ready for the next phase of UpTown Mirdif.

Knight
Dubai Knight

May 13, 2006
Oh yeah - Doh!!!! Sorry it's been flat for so long now, that I forgot it useed to be dune heaven. ehehehe the coming of Carrefore and the new buildings has really annoyed a few peeps I can imagine.

Ahhhh they're building an Irish Village here - can't wait! Mines a nice cold Guiness.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 13, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Ahhhh they're building an Irish Village here - can't wait! Mines a nice cold Guiness.

Yesssss! Another sensible person! See Arnie...we Guinness drinkers have all the fun!!! Wait 'til Vee gets here!

Knight
Dubai Knight

May 13, 2006
arniegang wrote:Its ok alex he has been warned and i have already deleted one post.

Dont let idiot's like him offend or get to you.

thanks arnie, he needed a warning!
maybe he is not idiot but he sure acts so good like one... :lol:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 13, 2006
Zapata needs squishing and pounding and to be tied up, covered with kitty food and left next to a trash bin. hehehehehe kitty heaven - Zapata HELLLLLLLL!!!!!!! :twisted:
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 13, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Zapata needs squishing and pounding and to be tied up, covered with kitty food and left next to a trash bin. hehehehehe kitty heaven - Zapata HELLLLLLLL!!!!!!! :twisted:

lolllllllll1 good one Chocoholic! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 13, 2006
Hahaha! As long as youre doing the tying and pounding.

Pussycats are ok.
Zapata
Dubai Forums Member

May 13, 2006
Guiness is disgusting

Yuk

:? :?
arniegang

May 14, 2006
arniegang wrote:Guiness is disgusting

Yuk

:? :?

Now don't start that again! Vee will be all over you like a rash! As yourself and Wafey will confirm, I am partial to the odd pint...or ten! Keeps you fit and 'regular'!

Knight
Dubai Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat