BRINGING MY CATS

Topic locked
BRINGING MY CATS Jul 06, 2008
HI we are moving over there in January and have 2 cats that I love. Am OK about quarantine rules etc but am worried heat will be too much for them cos one of them at least likes to go out. Has anyone brought their own cats over and found it ok? I love them to bits but don't want to bring them if they will be miserable or not safe - ADVICE PLEASE?!
Thanks xx[/b]

HPSHPS
Dubai Forum Guest

Jul 06, 2008
See if your local vet can help you with the legislation. Or you may be able to get some great advice from Feline Friends or someone like that.

I think most moggies these days require passports ?

BTW, we NEED photos, pleeeeeez !!!! :wink:
g00se
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 06, 2008
Where are you coming from? If from the UK, DEFRA will give you all the information that you need.

The important thing is to get all the blood tests (they have to be vaccinated for rabie) done and have their jabs upto date. As far as I am aware the UAE is not a member of the Pet passport scheme, so it won't make any difference.

I brought my cat over and he's fine. You'll fine when it's hot they'll just veg out inside with the ac, no problem, they become very lazy because of the heat, but will have no major problems.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Thanks Jul 06, 2008
Mine are lazy anyway so won't make that much difference!
HPSHPS
Dubai Forum Guest

Jul 07, 2008
Bringing your cats to Dubai could end up a cat-astrophy, the heat will be to much for them then there are those Indians....
W & C
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat