Can't Figure It Out.

Topic locked
Can't figure it out. Dec 30, 2007
Why is it that one needs 100 posts to be allowed into Fight Club. It makes no sense...If the purpose of fight club is to allowed unrestricted use of language/insults/etc. then it would follow that it would be best to simply allowed access to anyone regardless of post count. Otherwise, when someone without access posts "objectionable stuff" in general the thread may be moved to FC (where the original poster does not have access and the thread dies).

Anyways, I hear nothing really happens in FC except the same level of patronizing and meddling by the Net Nannies.

C0NC0RD
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Can't figure it out. Dec 30, 2007
C0NC0RD wrote:Why is it that one needs 100 posts to be allowed into Fight Club. It makes no sense...If the purpose of fight club is to allowed unrestricted use of language/insults/etc. then it would follow that it would be best to simply allowed access to anyone regardless of post count. Otherwise, when someone without access posts "objectionable stuff" in general the thread may be moved to FC (where the original poster does not have access and the thread dies).

Anyways, I hear nothing really happens in FC except the same level of patronizing and meddling by the Net Nannies.

I'll keep you posted on what is happening in there...meanwhile can u do me a favor......I need a little more push so I can reach that odd 100...pls......
:) ....push..push....

I hope it's worth the 100 P's ......
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 30, 2007
I'm not into figthing really...jsut out of curiosity..... :twisted:

Believe me.... :twisted:
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 30, 2007
OOOOPS.... never thought I can do it........with DP'D and TP'S by the way..
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 30, 2007
The idea behind Fight Club though is that it's where people go to have it out... not necessarily a holding pen for objectionable posts... that's just what it has become - as the mods who look after other sections would rather 'let someone else deal with it'.

Really though... with the now established British Rule over the forum, it's a piece of flocking carp anyway.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dec 30, 2007
It is good, because if it was open, one of etisalat's jobless employees would come across the page and block it. As is, no etisalat employee has the patience to make 50 fake posts to get into it.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 30, 2007
i'm not british.

Cheers,

D
smartd
Dubai Forums Vice-Admin

Dec 30, 2007
smartd wrote:i'm not british.

Cheers,

D

Even if you were, so what????????
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 31, 2007
If it were a British takeover...the Forum would be pink on the map, have a working legal system, efficient railroad network and we would all have passports valid anywhere in the world with minimum visas!

As it is not, soon we will have to make an application in triplicate before we make a post, take it to 15 counters and fight our way to the front. wave the paper in the face of the guy behind the counter until we get served, get 20 rubber stamps and signatures on it, then have it stapled 100 times...and then what we write will have to be passed by a board of censors who only speak a dialect of Malayalam...

Freedom, its a word.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dec 31, 2007
Dubai Knight wrote:If it were a British takeover...the Forum would be pink on the map, have a working legal system, efficient railroad network and we would all have passports valid anywhere in the world with minimum visas!

As it is not, soon we will have to make an application in triplicate before we make a post, take it to 15 counters and fight our way to the front. wave the paper in the face of the guy behind the counter until we get served, get 20 rubber stamps and signatures on it, then have it stapled 100 times...and then what we write will have to be passed by a board of censors who only speak a dialect of Malayalam...

Freedom, its a word.

Knight

You forgot to mention that you also have to go back and forth between the 15 counters, as well as carry 50 photos of yourself.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 01, 2008
74 posts and counting...

you're almost there :)

mel
miss_mel
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 01, 2008
miss_mel wrote:74 posts and counting...

you're almost there :)

mel

He's still banned!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Jan 01, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:If it were a British takeover...the Forum would be pink on the map, have a working legal system, efficient railroad network and we would all have passports valid anywhere in the world with minimum visas!

Freedom, its a word.

Knight

Wow someone said malayalam n not malbari or mulburi :)..
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jan 02, 2008
St.Lucifer wrote:

Freedom, its a word.

Knight

Those Brits are way too politically correct.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 02, 2008
gtmash wrote:
St.Lucifer wrote:

Freedom, its a word.

Knight

Those Brits are way too politically correct.

We have to be or we go to Court

:shock:
arniegang

Jan 02, 2008
Why is Concord Banned? :?

This forum is going to the "dawgs"
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat