Any Arabs Or Locals?

Topic locked
Aug 11, 2006
HP wrote:Concord and rest

I think it dosnt matter where we are from , because we had no control on our parents , i mean we can not chose our parents . We did chose arniegang as our daddy and experienced was in failure :P

i dont understand why people are so anxious to know about local . :roll: I like local girls because they r hot and cute and especially if wind is gentle enough to fly their abay for few seconds . I dont like local guys because they dont let their sisters to come out :P

:lol:

yes, my brother had the habit of doing that to me when i first came since he is pure local....hes come to the realization; however, that its in his best interest to let me go out :wink:

bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 11, 2006
bushra21 wrote:

yes, my brother had the habit of doing that to me when i first came since he is pure local....hes come to the realization; however, that its in his best interest to let me go out :wink:

Bushra , Bush-ra . :P

i enjoy talking to u , because u dont lose your temper. Can u tell him if he can date the girls then why can not u :roll: I mean u also have god given emotions :roll:

I dont understand , your brother is pure local and you are half !! was he born at Sheikh Rashid hospital and u were delivered outside Jeb ali free zone :lol:

kidding
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Aug 11, 2006
HP wrote:
bushra21 wrote:

Bushra , Bush-ra . :P

i enjoy talking to u , because u dont lose your temper. Can u tell him if he can date the girls then why can not u :roll: I mean u also have god given emotions :roll:

I dont understand , your brother is pure local and you are half !! was he born at Sheikh Rashid hospital and u were delivered outside Jeb ali free zone :lol:

kidding

lol hmmmm i never thought of it that way. but hes my brother from my mum only, we have two different fathers. and since my mum is local and her previous husband (allah yer7ama) was local, hes local and im only half....

and if you werent joking about me being fun to talk with... :oops: well than thanks!
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 11, 2006
uae75 wrote:
Concord wrote:
uae75 wrote:Well I am new in this Forum & Local, and was quiet shocked when i found out that there ain't that many locals!

But heck if i care.....its a forum, so who cares who is the real person behind his/her nickname.

I'm a bit suspicious HP - what do you think?

Suspicious! loool............I wonder why?

Well I think you got the root of my "suspicion" (your "loool" tells me so) but it might have gone over other's heads so here it is: You joined today 11 August, had 1 post at the time of the subject post, and already knew "that there ain't that many locals". No conspiracy theorist I (Lionheart got that job) but.....
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 11, 2006
Hi Bushra21,
You sound so cute! I am from Tulsa, Oklahoma. Originally lived in Texas until husband got transferred to Oklahoma about 24 years ago. It's a beautiful place to live, in a different way from Dubai, however, I love Dubai, and think it is beautiful also. Best of both worlds! Can't wait to get back, and hopefully will meet you sometime in the future at a DF activity. This group sounds really fun, and would like to meet them someday.
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 11, 2006
HP wrote:Concord and rest

I think it dosnt matter where we are from , because we have no control on our parents

Says who? I've been controlling them since I was about 3!

In addition just ask anybody with children...unfortunately for you it "takes two to tango" so you may remain "control free".
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 11, 2006
lol hmmmm i never thought of it that way. but hes my brother from my mum only, we have two different fathers. and since my mum is local and her previous husband (allah yer7ama) was local, hes local and im only half....

and if you werent joking about me being fun to talk with... :oops: well than thanks!

U r well come Bushra 21 :oops: u seems quite nice girl , by the way , can u delete your boy friend and through him recycle bin :roll:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Aug 11, 2006
I lived in Texas for bit, stayed with my cousin....it would be fun to meet up. Im pretty happy I found DF, at least now i can make sure I dont forget my english. Ive gotten so used to speaking in arabic with my friends/family that my english has become a bit, well, broken :cry:

and im not sure if i can delete my boyfriend.....how do you delete a boyfriend? :wink:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 11, 2006
Concord wrote:
uae75 wrote:
Concord wrote:
uae75 wrote:Well I am new in this Forum & Local, and was quiet shocked when i found out that there ain't that many locals!

But heck if i care.....its a forum, so who cares who is the real person behind his/her nickname.

Well I think you got the root of my "suspicion" (your "loool" tells me so) but it might have gone over other's heads so here it is: You joined today 11 August, had 1 post at the time of the subject post, and already knew "that there ain't that many locals". No conspiracy theorist I (Lionheart got that job) but.....

Well sorry to disappoint you, but i am one of those who are called "local", but I do understand why ur suspicious. But to answer ur curiousity, i was a guest in the last few days, and did surf thru this forum, and never was able to find a local in here.

NB. I never knew the loooling was purerly reserved for non-local ;-)
uae75
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 11, 2006
uae75 wrote:
Concord wrote:
uae75 wrote:
Concord wrote:

Well sorry to disappoint you, but i am one of those who are called "local", but I do understand why ur suspicious. But to answer ur curiousity, i was a guest in the last few days, and did surf thru this forum, and never was able to find a local in here.

NB. I never knew the loooling was purerly reserved for non-local

I give up! Welcome. Simply "suspicious" that you are an "old" member who is now "new" member...Nothing to do with "local" vs "non local". Still...
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 11, 2006
bushra21 wrote:I lived in Texas for bit, stayed with my cousin....it would be fun to meet up. Im pretty happy I found DF, at least now i can make sure I dont forget my english. Ive gotten so used to speaking in arabic with my friends/family that my english has become a bit, well, broken :cry:

and im not sure if i can delete my boyfriend.....how do you delete a boyfriend? :wink:

Send him text

" U got HP " 8)
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Aug 11, 2006
Concord wrote:
uae75 wrote:
Concord wrote:
uae75 wrote:
Concord wrote:

NB. I never knew the loooling was purerly reserved for non-local

I give up! Welcome. Simply "suspicious" that you are an "old" member who is now "new" member...Nothing to do with "local" vs "non local". Still...

Wish i was an old member, atleast i would have discovered this forum earlier.....although not a big fan of forums, but this one seems interesting, but dont ask me why, cuz i myself dont know the answer!!!
uae75
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 12, 2006
I think it's because of the different people with different views here, variety is after all the spice of life! :D
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 12, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:I think it's because of the different people with different views here, variety is after all the spice of life! :D

:wink:
I-No-Jack
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 12, 2006
HP wrote:
bushra21 wrote:my mom is from dubai (emirates) but her family is considered 3eemi...which is locals who are also iranian.

im proud of who i am...lol i just kind of got a bit bothered when you said most lebanese girls go after locals, because i get that a lot over here. sorry if i came off a bit rude.

hmmm the iranian people ,who are known as "without documents" or paper , and they live at satwa :roll:

source ( kenelli via fake PM)

Very funny HP :P
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 12, 2006
uae75 wrote:Wish i was an old member, atleast i would have discovered this forum earlier.....although not a big fan of forums, but this one seems interesting, but dont ask me why, cuz i myself dont know the answer!!!

hey sup uae 75 i wanted to ask some thgin about locals, I know its off topic but I some told me about this and I was really surprised that such discrimination exists among uae nationals on government level

is it true that there a 3 classes of uae citizens. ?

the first class being the real locals who had their family names registered with the government when uae was made. And these locals are issued different passports and avail all the favors from the government. And are educated and most probably are very few in number.

then there is the second class who are mostly uneducated and give a bad name to the real locals they don’t belong to those few families which are registered with the government are usually iranis and Yemeni. They can't even sponsor an expat business and the only thing they can sponsor is things like barbers and groceries. This class of citizens don’t get any grants like money or land from the government at all, and usually work with the army or police.(these people can never become first class citizens)

Then the third kind who aren’t even allowed to get passports but are issued letters buy the high level locals which states that they can live in the uae (they don’t need any resident visas ) but once they leave they can not come back in and they get no facilities what so ever and are usually referred as "bidoons" which is an offending term. (the maximum they can get is a second class passport after living more than 30 to 40 years here or can get a first class local to vouch for them)

An arab friend told me about this and I was shocked, what part of this stuff he told me was accurate? Could u please shed more light on this topic.

tnx
xibit
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 12, 2006
xibit wrote:
uae75 wrote:Wish i was an old member, atleast i would have discovered this forum earlier.....although not a big fan of forums, but this one seems interesting, but dont ask me why, cuz i myself dont know the answer!!!

hey sup uae 75 i wanted to ask some thgin about locals, I know its off topic but I some told me about this and I was really surprised that such discrimination exists among uae nationals on government level

the first class being the real locals who had their family names registered with the government when uae was made. And these locals are issued different passports and avail all the favors from the government. And are educated and most probably are very few in number.

then there is the second class who are mostly uneducated and give a bad name to the real locals they don’t belong to those few families which are registered with the government are usually iranis and Yemeni. They can't even sponsor an expat business and the only thing they can sponsor is things like barbers and groceries. This class of citizens don’t get any grants like money or land from the government at all, and usually work with the army or police.(these people can never become first class citizens)

Then the third kind who aren’t even allowed to get passports but are issued letters buy the high level locals which states that they can live in the uae (they don’t need any resident visas ) but once they leave they can not come back in and they get no facilities what so ever and are usually referred as "bidoons" which is an offending term. (the maximum they can get is a second class passport after living more than 30 to 40 years here or can get a first class local to vouch for them)

An arab friend told me about this and I was shocked, what part of this stuff he told me was accurate? Could u please shed more light on this topic.

tnx

Your arab friends need to get his facts updated and corrected.

In the Seventies & Eighties, there were really 3 levels for UAE citizens, and they are:
1- Bil Qanoon (Citizenship by law)....blue passport
2- Tajnees (People get citizenship after living for few years)...blue passport
3- Bedoooon. (they dont have citizenship but they can still get a passport to travel, although its not easy to get one)

In the ninetees, the first two levels were cancelled, and its no more. All uae citizens are equal and there is no difference whether ur family was here for thousands of years or for few years, and in their passports it says "BIL QANOON" which as i mentioned before means "citizenship by law".....I even have friends who u would call used to be from the 2nd part, and now are millionares and have all type of businesses, and sponsoriing big companies.

Hope this clarified things for you.
uae75
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 15, 2006
I'm Palestinian.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 15, 2006
why is this in the romance section? oh my....what have i done
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 15, 2006
Maaad , u r palestinian, I dunno but I always thought that u r a local !!
Anywayz it is nice to know that we have one more brother in the forum , I am palestinian also !! 8)
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

Aug 15, 2006
bushra21 wrote:why is this in the romance section? oh my....what have i done

I agree. *handball*
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 15, 2006
xibit wrote:

tnx

I think your friend perhaps was refering to Kuwait :arrow:
PhDFares
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 16, 2006

haha are you romancing us arab boys :P
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 16, 2006
Palkid7 wrote:Maaad , u r palestinian, I dunno but I always thought that u r a local !!
Anywayz it is nice to know that we have one more brother in the forum , I am palestinian also !! 8)

hehe you can consider me a local too ;) .. a citizen of the world actually !

Palkid looking forward to meet you bro ..
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 16, 2006
MaaaD wrote:

is it working? :wink:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 17, 2006
bushra21 wrote:
MaaaD wrote:

not yet on me :P
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 17, 2006
MaaaD wrote:
bushra21 wrote:
MaaaD wrote:

not yet on me :P

guess i have to work harder then....*runs to educate self on romancing arab boys...especially cute filastini boys*

wait, i should kno that part, ana filastinia kaman!
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 17, 2006
now were talkin !
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 17, 2006
MaaaD wrote:now were talkin !

oh yeah, my plan is working 8)
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 17, 2006