80,000 AED Down The Chute

Topic locked
80,000 AED down the chute Oct 21, 2010
What would you do if you had 83K AED in cash that was stashed in, say one of those "wine-in-box...boxes" and your wife decided to clean the house for the first time in her life? You just might have emptied the wine out of said "box-wine" but left it on the counter and your lovely, soon-to-be-toothless wife threw it out down the ridiculously small garbage chute thinking it was empty?

Would it be worth mentioning this to her or just keep quiet? The dude you might have paid 50 AED to dig through the dumpster came up empty, BTW.

P.S. DD may need more wine. Bottles preferred.

dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Re: 80,000 AED Down The Chute Oct 21, 2010
No farking way ! :shock: seriously.

I guess banks are good for something after all.

Worth mentioning, dude I think that would be your ace of spade in every tiff till eternity.

20 years later

" oh ! you think thats stupid huh ! Well atleast I didn't dump 80k down the garbage bin ! "

btw THIS deserves a

more than anything ever posted here !

-- Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:30 am --

BTW where exactly do you live, finders fee 50 % :D
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

DD2, as I understand it, you are a desert tour guide? Do you have access to a plot and a shovel?
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

ex
desertdudeshj

Re: 80,000 AED down the chute Oct 21, 2010
dubaidog wrote:What would you do if you had 83K AED in cash that was stashed in, say one of those "wine-in-box...boxes" and your wife decided to clean the house for the first time in her life? You just might have emptied the wine out of said "box-wine" but left it on the counter and your lovely, soon-to-be-toothless wife threw it out down the ridiculously small garbage chute thinking it was empty?

Would it be worth mentioning this to her or just keep quiet? The dude you might have paid 50 AED to dig through the dumpster came up empty, BTW.

No way, man!!!

I certainly hope you’re joking…

What do you do, dude?

Deal in drugs?…. Keeping 80K in cash stashed away in your home!!!

Or is it tax evasion??

Just kidding.....!!!

Actually ...it’s sort of your fault… for not telling her about the hidden treasure??

Well ....best you just go away on a trip by yourself until you cool off…. To lessen the chances of you committing murder!!

:) :)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

DD, I'm actually surprised by this as I always thought you were the sensible type. Why oh why did you keep it there in the first place and why didn't you tell Mrs DD?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Incidentally, where is Mrs. DD?

I thought I saw her in the Ferrari showroom yesterday putting a cash deposit down. It looked to be about...83,000 dirhams!

Cheer up mate, its only money and some hobo down at the municipality dump is possibly going to be flying home a rich man on you tomorrow. Doesn't that give you a warm feeling?

:? :? :?

Knight
Dubai Knight

Well now I suppose those of us that know Mrs DD are sowrn to secrecy and hope it doesn't come out at a drunken soiree one night.

Somethings DD my dear you really do need to keep to yourself. I wouldn't tell Mrs DD, she'll only beat herself up over it.

Lessons learned - the hard way, and don't keep secrets from the Mrs.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

dubaidog wrote:What would you do if you had 83K AED in cash that was stashed in, say one of those "wine-in-box...boxes" and your wife decided to clean the house for the first time in her life? You just might have emptied the wine out of said "box-wine" but left it on the counter and your lovely, soon-to-be-toothless wife threw it out down the ridiculously small garbage chute thinking it was empty?

What a very strange post? A vague description of a hypothetical situation? Did you lose the money or not? How could you consider NOT enquiring what happened to fictional empty wine box? AED 83,000 in cash would weigh considerably more than an empty cardboard box! You might have paid AED 50 to a complete stranger to look for a wine box full of cash! and didn’t consider rummaging in the skip yourself?

But I see you have left a back door, an escape clause in your fictional predicament and allowed for the ‘discovery’ of the missing item in your latest story.

What on Earth is this all about?
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Chocoholic wrote:Well now I suppose those of us that know Mrs DD are sowrn to secrecy and hope it doesn't come out at a drunken soiree one night.

Somethings DD my dear you really do need to keep to yourself. I wouldn't tell Mrs DD, she'll only beat herself up over it.

It's cool Choc-Box...I think I have some counter-dirt on you!
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

dubaidog wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Well now I suppose those of us that know Mrs DD are sowrn to secrecy and hope it doesn't come out at a drunken soiree one night.

It's cool Choc-Box...I think I have some counter-dirt on you!

Oh do you now? Nothing I can't handle I'm sure lol
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:It's cool Choc-Box...I think I have some counter-dirt on you!

Oh do you now? Nothing I can't handle I'm sure lol[/quote]

Actually, come to think of it, all the dirt I have is stuff you told me yourself, so yeah. I got nothin'.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

dubaidog wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:It's cool Choc-Box...I think I have some counter-dirt on you!

Oh do you now? Nothing I can't handle I'm sure lol

Actually, come to think of it, all the dirt I have is stuff you told me yourself, so yeah. I got nothin'.[/quote]

You want some????

You know where the phone is buddy!

Hahahahahaha!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dillon wrote:What a very strange post? A vague description of a hypothetical situation? Did you lose the money or not? How could you consider NOT enquiring what happened to fictional empty wine box? AED 83,000 in cash would weigh considerably more than an empty cardboard box! You might have paid AED 50 to a complete stranger to look for a wine box full of cash! and didn’t consider rummaging in the skip yourself?

But I see you have left a back door, an escape clause in your fictional predicament and allowed for the ‘discovery’ of the missing item in your latest story.

What on Earth is this all about?

Which is it? Hypothetical or vague or fictional? As far as inquiring what happened to the box, when I got home from work last night, she had tidied up and the box was obviously binned. I supervised the skip rummaging, no need to dumpster-dive myself. And no, go grab 83X AED1000 notes, it does not weigh much at all. I'm curious what my "back door/escape clause" is?

TJ-The cash was from the sale of a friend's Jeep. The dude paid me in cash and I had yet to deposit it. IF it happened.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Another lesson learned...

Never buy cheap wine in a box!!!

:lol: :lol:
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Holy crap!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

dubaidog wrote:Which is it? Hypothetical or vague or fictional? As far as inquiring what happened to the box, when I got home from work last night, she had tidied up and the box was obviously binned. I supervised the skip rummaging, no need to dumpster-dive myself. And no, go grab 83X AED1000 notes, it does not weigh much at all. I'm curious what my "back door/escape clause" is?

TJ-The cash was from the sale of a friend's Jeep. The dude paid me in cash and I had yet to deposit it. IF it happened.

All three as it happens;

‘What would you do if’ Hypothetical
‘You just might have’ Vague
‘say one of those "wine-in-box...boxes’ Fictional, your back door/escape clause would be to pluck up the courage and ask your wife about it? all from your own hand DD, can you blame anyone for taking your post with a little cynicism? It’s so outrageous it could only be a piece of fiction.
Dillon

You would not know it, but you are responding to one of the world's unluckiest people when it comes to cash. In the past I have:
1. Put money inside a picture frame and years later when I broke up with the person in the pic, I found the windfall and instantly remembered putting it there years prior
2.Last year at a client's home on the way to a supplier we were walking around the yard in the heat, and i went to get my pen out of my pocket to take notes. I am guessing sweaty hands or something and the cash stuck to the back of my hand and flicked out. When I got to the supplier to pay, I had nothing. I called the client who recovered about 150 AED in the front yard, net loss=you don't want to know

I am married to someone who:
1. frequently finds money in disused handbags
2. One time on a trip to Vegas, packed 10,000 USD in her suitcase because she "didn't have room". It showed up luckily.

I would absolutely take my post with a dose of cynicism. Of course it was hypothetical. The cash is actually in a mini pizza box in the freezer. I'm not that dumb! It was one of those things where the idea had crossed my mind, but I did not actually do it and when I got home last night I thought "what if"? How many times have you ever binned something by accident? I have a friend who threw his trash down the chute and happened to have his mobile in his hand and down it went!

Lighten up a bit.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

I wonder how many of your friends think now perhaps some of your previous ‘stories’ were your perception of entertainment and were sucked in by your apparent ‘victim’ storylines? And I see you found your back door in the story as well then after all!
And you’re advising ME to lighten up? :shock:
Dillon

Damn you dude ! I couldn't sleep last night, thinking should I or shouldn't I go dumpster diving ! :D
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Damn you dude ! I couldn't sleep last night, thinking should I or shouldn't I go dumpster diving ! :D

I hope I didn't disturb you as much as I did Dil. :D Cheesus. People get soooo worked up. Isn't this better than incessant flame wars? That was kinda the point as every other thread seems to evolve into an argument.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

dubaidog wrote:Cheesus. People get soooo worked up. Isn't this better than incessant flame wars? That was kinda the point as every other thread seems to evolve into an argument.

You noticed that too, huh? But of course, one must blame BM for that, as we know DDS isn't an instigator or flame thrower. :lol: He leaves that to the rest of us. :lol:

But it did bring to mind when several years ago hubby, who is a paper pack rat, put some 600 USD in an envelope (my not knowing it) and stashed it away amongst a bunch of other papers. Having given him the option over and over, to go through the papers, he kept putting it off, so I had to take it upon myself to clean up the paper mess. And, yes, I ended up throwing the money down the chute. There went my present that he was saving for. :cry: Now I go through everything when cleaning up (and just pocket what I find)!!!! Couldn't bear losing out on another gift. :)
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

That sucks, BB. Funny enough, the cash in the photo frame I had was also 6 crisp USD 100 notes. I had forgotten about it, and was about to chuck it out then thought "this is a good frame, I'll just chuck the picture", I opened the frame and PAYDAY!
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

In the grand scheme of things its a minor blip on the tragedy scale.
arniegang

I never saw it as a tragedy, but as a lesson learned and can laugh at it.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

DD, aren't you the mischievious one! Feel free to carry on hiding cash all over the shop. :wink:
Bethsmum

dubaidog wrote:That sucks, BB. Funny enough, the cash in the photo frame I had was also 6 crisp USD 100 notes. I had forgotten about it, and was about to chuck it out then thought "this is a good frame, I'll just chuck the picture", I opened the frame and PAYDAY!

But DD, what with this revelation regarding the location of 80k, carefull m8, BigMama may pay you a visit in the middle of the night, after all you are neighbours now right?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Did you hear rumbling in the dumpster at night ? LOL
desertdudeshj

sage & onion wrote:
dubaidog wrote:That sucks, BB. Funny enough, the cash in the photo frame I had was also 6 crisp USD 100 notes. I had forgotten about it, and was about to chuck it out then thought "this is a good frame, I'll just chuck the picture", I opened the frame and PAYDAY!

But DD, what with this revelation regarding the location of 80k, carefull m8, BigMama may pay you a visit in the middle of the night, after all you are neighbours now right?[/quote

Neighbours? Really? Keep up Sagey LOL
Bethsmum

I was in Las Vegas one night...

When I got up the next morning (needless to say, with a bad hangover) I realized that I had lost nealy $3,800 the night before!!

I nearly cried! But I kept telling myself, "it wasn't a total loss, buddy. At least you had a lot of fun!!!"

:lol: :lol:
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat