GOOD HEALTH - Beware!

Topic locked
GOOD HEALTH - beware! Mar 31, 2007
I had an insurance policy from Good Health International, where I was paying USD 2000 per year. They basically rejected most of my claims with reference to some exclusion causes etc. etc......

Before signing up with this gang, I suggest you carefully read these exclusion clauses. In the meantime, I have switched insurances and am completely happy with them. I pay a fraction of what I did with Good Health and do not need to fear that I won't be reimbursed each time I visit the doctor.

BEWARE - do not get ripped off by Good Health as I did!!!!

dxbexpat
Dubai Forum Visitor

Apr 17, 2007
Depends why they rejected your claims. I have been with GoodHealth nearly 4 years and never had any issues at all. They've paid ALL my claims and even pre-approved some proceedures so I didn't have to pay first either.

The consultant I spoke to when I first got my policy even recommended I go for a lower policy than the one I originally wanted as he said to go for the higher one was of no benefit and I would only be wasting money.

They've always been quick on payment too.

Clearly they just weren't right for you, or you didn't research their policies enough before signing up with them.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 19, 2007
Have to side with Chocs: insurance, no matter what type, needs to be looked at seriously and claim rejections more often than not are case specific and not a general stance by an insurance company - (perceived) reputation is what they live on.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Good health Jul 14, 2007
Well let me put it like this:

I had some kind of infection (what I don't want to get any further in to)....I went to the doctor, who conducted some tests.....he found the problem and gave me some medicine to get rid of the issue (thankfully, it worked).

GOOD HEALTH refused to pay for part of the examination, stating it was unneccessary in trying to the detect the problem. Well, that part of the examination was exactly what DID find the problem.

There are two assumptions I have to make here:

1) Either Good Health's Medical Experts are incompetent
or
2) GOOD HEALTH are criminals.

Since this is not the first time I've had problems with them, I'm assuming both are true to a certain extent. I know lots of other insurances (if not all), are crooks, but this specific problem with them has become extreme. I am now going to file a complaint with the Chamber of Commerce's better business desk. We're only talking about AED 200 here, but it's really become a matter of principle.....
dxbexpat
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jul 18, 2007
Well I have to say that I've had the same, exams and tests for infection, but never had an issue claiming for it. It depends what it was, maybe something to do with lifestyle choice etc, that's when you can run into problems, as they'd just say it could have been avoided.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai Black listForum Rules

Return to Dubai Black list