My Experience With Oman Insurance BEWARE..!

Topic locked
My Experience with Oman Insurance BEWARE..! Mar 07, 2011
I felt so cheated after this incident; should we trust these Dubai insurance personnel. Below is my recently incident with the above mentioned company and it’s your own personal justification to use them or not as your car insurance company.

I had an accident along Dubai-Al Ain road; my car went over an anomaly dropped by a vehicle. It hits my front bumper and side body kit so hit that my front bumper came off and side body kit cracks. Standard procedure; make a police report, get the green form and report to the insurance company for claim as I have full comprehensive insurance. At the claim centre, I was told bout the surveyor after assessing my car that I will have to pay an excess of 750aed for the repair and I accept that. Give a letter stating that excess of 750aed, I went to the assigned garage and was told that I have to pay an excess of 750aed upon collection and I agreed. Last week when I collect my car, I was told by the garage to pay 1500aed because the insurance company have alter the letter and state 2 excess (1500aed) on it. Was told by the garage that the insurance came down to the garage and replace the letter (from 750aed to 1500aed) without my acknowledgement.

What I confront the company, I was told that the surveyor change his assessment from 1 accident to 2 days after the first evaluation and replace the letter with 750aed to 1500aed without my knowledge.

The reason I was given;
• Surveyor thinks that I have 2 accidents excess.
• They cant find second hand parts for my car so they have to buy new parts.
• My car is old, so either I pay for the new parts or accept 2 accidents.

Questions;
• What can I do with such case?
• What rights does the insurance company have to change its assessment from time to time without informing the policy holder?

Is this how a relatively big insurance company in UAE works?

This is a clear cheating policy holder case and it shows how unprofessional and cunning this company was. Beware for such cheats and select the right company for your car insurance as otherwise you might be like me paying huge premium and yet are not fully insured.

Sunray
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: My Experience With Oman Insurance BEWARE..! May 15, 2011
The first thing you should have done (and I hope you did not pay the AED 1,500 w/o checking) was to check your policy documents for your liability in any at fault claims. It should have indicated your excess amount applicable and that is the amount you should be liable for.

I have never heard of paying double excess for damage resulting from 1 accident - clearly you had 1 police report for the 1 accident and you should have argued this case with the insurance company.

I would complain higher up the chain in the company, failing that you should take legal action - involve the police first, and if need be lawyers later.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: My Experience With Oman Insurance BEWARE..! May 15, 2011
Problem with things here are its too time consuming to go around to do all these especially to fight the case involving the authority.

I just want to highlight the act of this insurance company (Oman Insurance) and keep people aware about them when getting new policy from them.
Sunray
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

undefined Sep 06, 2015
The claims department on sheikh zayed rd is too time consuming. U have no where to sit as all seats are occupied by garage sales people. Always have to wait minimum 45mins even though there is a que of 1 or 2 ppl. This is my 4th visit and I am very disappointed with the service.
raulm
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai Black listForum Rules

Return to Dubai Black list