Beware Of Medicines

Topic locked
Beware of Medicines Jan 02, 2007
Check expiry date on medicines before u leave the pharmacy, I once bought a syrup for my newborn and it had expired. when i threatened to inform the authorities, the pharmacist asked me to go ahead and he is not bothered. looks like there are people supporting him. Later I came to know that in Dubai cheap or counterfiet medicines come from diffrent part of the world and these pharmacies buy them beig cheap. they also change the dates of medicines in the port before taking them out. Message is - be careful

hillaryrowley
Dubai Forum User

Re: Beware of Medicines Jan 02, 2007
hillaryrowley wrote:Check expiry date on medicines before u leave the pharmacy, I once bought a syrup for my newborn and it had expired. when i threatened to inform the authorities, the pharmacist asked me to go ahead and he is not bothered. looks like there are people supporting him. Later I came to know that in Dubai cheap or counterfiet medicines come from diffrent part of the world and these pharmacies buy them beig cheap. they also change the dates of medicines in the port before taking them out. Message is - be careful

How would we know if the expiry date has been changed or if they are counterfeit?? Do you have some pointers on this?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 03, 2007
I am afraid there won't any clue to say it is counterfiet. I can only say that be careful when u buy medicines from Alia Pharmacy on junction of Muraqabat road on Port Saeed opposite Travel Market.
hillaryrowley
Dubai Forum User

posting in Dubai Black listForum Rules

Return to Dubai Black list