Before You Commit A Crime Plz. Remember Your Nationality.

Topic locked
before you commit a crime plz. remember your nationality. Apr 04, 2006
Gang Rape, some emarati guys or as they like to call themselves locals, sentenced to jail for 2 yrs despite the fact that the islamic law (Sharia) implies 80 lashes.

Vs.

Estonian who harassed woman cop prefers lashes to jail
By a staff reporter

4 April 2006

SHARJAH — The Sharjah Shariah court has sentenced Andrie Carol, an Estonian soldier of the EU peace keeping force, to one month in jail and 80 lashes followed by deportation for consumption of alcohol and molesting a policewoman at the International airport here.

Andrie had arrived with the peace keeping soldiers from Afghanistan and during the transit period at Sharjah Airport, he had consumed alcohol. The policewoman Mervat filed a complaint against him for sexually harassing her while she was asleep in the ladies police rest room during a break.

Andrie's lawyer said that the court sentenced him to one month imprisonment for alcohol consumption and three months or 80 lashes for harassing the policewoman. He will take the 80 lashes instead of staying in the prison for three months. He has already spent one month in jail, sources noted.

--source khaleej Times
visit
http://www.khaleejtimes.com/Displayarti ... ril139.xml

So this implies that if a national rapes 2 yrs are okay. Sharia not so important. Anybody else who hasn't even got the woman naked deserves 80 lashes.

I am not supporting what either one did but i think it just would have been more fair if those nationals got the same 80 lashes.

How do all the arabs or i must say the nationals justify this?

jason
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 04, 2006
Sharjah is under Sharia legislation which is to say, the lashing.

Dubai is not under Sharia law. Therefore a different set of rules applies.

I fully support the punishment.

Also, what kind of dickhead gets drunk in Sharjah of all places!! :shock:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 05, 2006
i thought alcohol was banned in sharjah, the article implies there is a bar in the airport. weird.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 25, 2006
MaaaD wrote:i thought alcohol was banned in sharjah, the article implies there is a bar in the airport. weird.

There's a sort of business class lounge with alcohol - I think you pay 25 or 50 dhs to get in. And you can buy alcohol at duty-free.
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 25, 2006
:shock: Wow really! Didn't quite think that one through did they!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 27, 2006
and.. now for legal liquor & drinks you can drive to barracuda in UAQ..

u ppl must have heard about it
ahamed
Dubai chat master

May 06, 2006
ahamed wrote:and.. now for legal liquor & drinks you can drive to barracuda in UAQ..

u ppl must have heard about it

You have the choice. Buy with a liquor license it's legal. Without, it's not (unless something changed recently?).
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 04, 2007
I have noticed this on several times... that the punishments here differ on what nationality you are... and ofcourse how much 'wasta' (influence) you have....

Having said that though, it's still quite a 'young' country... and lawlessness exists pretty much everywhere in the world.
the.eternal.truth
Dubai Forum User

Aug 04, 2007
the.eternal.truth wrote:I have noticed this on several times... that the punishments here differ on what nationality you are... and ofcourse how much 'wasta' (influence) you have....

Having said that though, it's still quite a 'young' country... and lawlessness exists pretty much everywhere in the world.

That may or maybe not true, which Nationality are you?, if I may ask.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 04, 2007
Quite a mix... and thus the answer to that would have to be : A Cocktail.
the.eternal.truth
Dubai Forum User

What the heck Apr 11, 2008
In one city you have sharia law and in another you dont. what kind of a joke this government is?

And if you truely want sharia law , the bar in the airport should be removed as well. Follow the sharia completely dont be like the mushriqeens of makkah as they were in the time of the prophet.
outworldish
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: What the heck Apr 12, 2008
outworldish wrote:In one city you have sharia law and in another you dont. what kind of a joke this government is?

And if you truely want sharia law , the bar in the airport should be removed as well. Follow the sharia completely dont be like the mushriqeens of makkah as they were in the time of the prophet.

I would suggest that you post in the Religious forum, seems more suited to your point of view
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: before you commit a crime plz. remember your nationality Apr 12, 2008
jason wrote:Gang Rape, some emarati guys or as they like to call themselves locals, sentenced to jail for 2 yrs despite the fact that the islamic law (Sharia) implies 80 lashes.

Vs.

Estonian who harassed woman cop prefers lashes to jail
By a staff reporter

4 April 2006

SHARJAH — The Sharjah Shariah court has sentenced Andrie Carol, an Estonian soldier of the EU peace keeping force, to one month in jail and 80 lashes followed by deportation for consumption of alcohol and molesting a policewoman at the International airport here.

Andrie had arrived with the peace keeping soldiers from Afghanistan and during the transit period at Sharjah Airport, he had consumed alcohol. The policewoman Mervat filed a complaint against him for sexually harassing her while she was asleep in the ladies police rest room during a break.

Andrie's lawyer said that the court sentenced him to one month imprisonment for alcohol consumption and three months or 80 lashes for harassing the policewoman. He will take the 80 lashes instead of staying in the prison for three months. He has already spent one month in jail, sources noted.

--source khaleej Times
visit
http://www.khaleejtimes.com/Displayarti ... ril139.xml

So this implies that if a national rapes 2 yrs are okay. Sharia not so important. Anybody else who hasn't even got the woman naked deserves 80 lashes.

I am not supporting what either one did but i think it just would have been more fair if those nationals got the same 80 lashes.

How do all the arabs or i must say the nationals justify this?

I justify this as f***ed up (excuse my language), those bastards should be sentenced to 8+ to say the least. And if you think 2 yrs<<80 lashes, then you're being delusional. I'd take 300 lashes over a yr in jail any day of the week. Not that I would commit such a sick disgusting act in the first place.
McLovin
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 22, 2008
Well i wont jump into religion but would like to share my point of view
BUt the justice system is quiet unfair
I mean it can be manipulated
I hope we are not caught just for staring or something
I dont think those 2 guys should be left like that but they should be gangraped too
lol
An Eye for an Eye
deadlife
Dubai Forums Talker

Sep 21, 2008
MaaaD wrote:i thought alcohol was banned in sharjah, the article implies there is a bar in the airport. weird.

you can buy it at the airport
Anna Ferrari
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 30, 2008
Things in Sharjah have changed over the last 2 years since the original post.

They have quite a large duty free shop and there are several places in the city that serve alcohol now. Sharjah is catching up with the 21st Century.

Slowly.

:) :) :)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 02, 2008
Officially, drinking in Sharjah is still banned!
iambanned
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: before you commit a crime plz. remember your nationality Sep 02, 2009
McLovin wrote:I'd take 300 lashes over a yr in jail any day of the week. Not that I would commit such a sick disgusting act in the first place.

Im sure you would be dead by the 80th lash...
finny76
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai Black listForum Rules

Return to Dubai Black list