Who Should Manage My Apartment For Me?

Topic locked
Who should manage my apartment for me? Sep 12, 2006
Hi,

I have purchased a 2 bedroom apartment in Dubai Marina and I'm looking for advice on the best way to rent out. The apartment will not be ready until the end of March 2007. I intend to furnish it to very high standards and I think all bills will be included in the yearly service charge that I will pay.
I have looked at some agencies on the web, but I didn't get the feeling that they are very successful in securing a reasonable level of occupancy!
Some ask for 25% charge for managing the property, which I find rather high! Is this the norm in Dubai?
From the postings of our fellow forum members, there seems to be a decent demand for rented accommodation, so who are these most efficient agents who manage to satisfy this level of demand?
Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Yacine

ychibane
Dubai Forum Guest

Sep 12, 2006
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
Hi Maaad,

Thank you very much.

I guess the point I was trying to make in my original message is that given the large number of new settlers in Dubai each month you'd expect that the offers in the agents websites would be quickly snapped up! Well, it does not seem to be the case, since only a handful of the same properties are advertised and if you look at their occupancy schedules for future months you find that they're not very busy!
Maybe, that's the case for short term rentals only

Best regards.
ychibane
Dubai Forum Guest

Sep 12, 2006
ychi, I think what you are seeing is what all us poor saps that rent are hoping for, a gradual change from a landlords market to a renters. Good luck in renting it though, hopefully you find a good tenant at a good price :)
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai