ROOMS Available For Sharing In GOLDEN SANDS!!

Topic locked
ROOMS available for sharing in GOLDEN SANDS!! Jan 30, 2006
Hi guys!!! I am currently living in a HUGE 3 bedroom apartment in Golden Sands area. I am looking for 2 young, fun & friendly WESTERNERS to share this home with me. It's very spacious, huge balcony, walking distance to Spinneys, Burjumann & TcheTche. There are 2 rooms up for grabs. Each room comes with it's own bathroom & will cost 3500 dhs/month. Please feel free to call me anytime if you'd like to pass by for a look. My number is 050-889-3800.

Cheers,
Grace :D [/b]

gracey
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jan 30, 2006
I am sorry but there was no need to put westerners in bold:) i guess Asians, Indians, Pakistanis and rest of the community other than WESTERNERS can read even if its not put in bold.

Cheers,

Jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 02, 2006
I can do whatever I want, But thanks for coming out and expressing your opinion Jerry. Unfortunately it won't change a thing. Bye
gracey
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 02, 2006
Jerry, I've seen ads in the newspaper and elsewhere that say MUSLIM, CHRISTIAN, KERALITE, FEMALE, MALE etc. so gracey has done nothing wrong.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Feb 02, 2006
K

It is something we are not allowed to do in the UK, so i can see where Jerry is coming from.

If an advert appeared like that in a British paper, the person would end up in court, accused of Racial Discrimination.

We are not allowed to discrimate because of race,religion or colour etc.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 03, 2006
I completely understand where you're coming from arniegang. If you were to do the same in Canada, I'm sure you'd be in too much trouble. But the reality of it is that we are neither in the UK nor in Canada. As a matter of fact, I got the idea from the ads who request Indians only, muslim only, female only, etc...... Which in other words; it was an 'Asian' idea that I am using. ALSO when I am on the phone talking to the asian real estate guys, they always ask me where I am from. What's with that!?! And when I tell them that I'm looking for a flat to share with another female roomate, they turn me down and classify me as a hooker & inform me that "it's for family only". Now what do you have to say about that Mr. Jeevan? Can't the rest of the non Indian, non Pakistani community share a flat? So how about you take a chill pill. Cus I only picked up that idea once I came here.....

Thanks for the mature attitude kanelli :P

Gracey~
gracey
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 03, 2006
Try to stick to the topic - accomodation.

gracey goodluck finding roommates.

Cheers,

D
smartd
Dubai Forums Vice-Admin

Feb 04, 2006
No worries gracey,

Alls well with me, man i dint know it would end up being a heated argument:). neways hope you find a roomie soon enuff.

It was just a case of voicing opinion:)

cheers,

Jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 04, 2006
smartd wrote:Try to stick to the topic - accomodation.

gracey goodluck finding roommates.

Cheers,

D

great moderating thank you.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Feb 04, 2006
Ai! It happens all the time here, no big deal. Another guy put a similar ad and requested everyone to declare their religion, there's no difference, and he didn't get flamed - hhhmmmm.

Anyway those Golden Sand apartments are massive.

Good luck Grace.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 04, 2006
Great! Thanks guys! I can really feel the love............

Cheers,
Gracey~
gracey
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 05, 2006
Hi Gracey,

I'm a Canadian, and will be visiting Dubai for one month. I'm currently searching for accomodation here from N.America. Would you consider a one month stay?

Cheers,

Ray
rmoosa
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 05, 2006
Oh, and by the way, I will be there by Feb 20th, but can come in March instead!

:)

R
rmoosa
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 05, 2006
Hi Ray,

First of Welcome To Dubai!!!! Ray as much as I'd love to have another fellow Canadian as a roomate, unfortunatley it's not up to me. The way it works here with respect to renting out apartment is that the real estate companies require you to pay up the whole year in 2 checks up front; post dated checks. Hence I would not have sufficient funds to pay up the entire year for 2 other roomates. Cus it would all have to come out of my own pocket. I'm so sorry about that buddy. It's a kinda complicated set up they have here. Plus that would mean I'd have to go through this whole scinario a month later. I would rather just settle it once & for all .... I'm sorry Ray, but I hope you understand.

Best of luck with the hunt & hope you enjoy your stay in Dubai :lol:

Take care,
Gracey~
gracey
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 06, 2006
Hi Gracey,

No worries, thanks for the heads up! This is exactly the kind of stuff I need to know before coming down and settling in Dubai.

All the best!

Cheers,

Ray
rmoosa
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai