Please Advice

Topic locked
please advice May 09, 2009
hie
em a newbie in dubai and had been recruited from india through a consultant on employement visa. I am on a 3 month probation period and would want to resign during probation. So do i need to pay my employer any compensation? if so hw much ? i have heard i need to pay 45 days salary...if yes then is it calculated on whole package or just the basic?
I have no issues on ban of 6 monts or 1 year ban max as i am relocating to saudi....Any help would be appreciated. And is der anyway i can resign without paying anythin?
Thanx in advance

mohd_abed
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 10, 2009
I have not heard of paying back an employer?
dresden
Dubai chat master

May 12, 2009
No you don't need to pay anything back to the employer.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 12, 2009
Read your contract. Probation is a trial period and generally the terms are outlined if you resign during probation. There are no guarantees that you will stay on or that they will keep you on. Resign after you get your next salary. More than likely they will tell you to leave right away.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 17, 2009
Hie...thank u for alll of urz help....i called up at labor dept on toll free no. 800-665 but they say i need to pay 45days salary towards visa compensations!?....is there anyway i can escape dis? what would happen if i go on emergency and give in my resignation ? will i be able ta come back say after 2 years or so ..or would being reported absconding result in life ban!?
mohd_abed
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai