I AM PLANNING TO GO DUBAI IN THIS AUGUST

Topic locked
I AM PLANNING TO GO DUBAI IN THIS AUGUST Jun 10, 2014
I HAD MBA IN MARKETING AND M PLANNING TO GO BYTHIS AUGUST,BECAUSE AS I FEEL AFTER RAMDAAN THERE WILL BE MORE RECRUITMENT...I NEED SUGGESTION

bhangale
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: I AM PLANNING TO GO DUBAI IN THIS AUGUST Jun 12, 2014
thanks,,but i m going on tourist visa,,is it sufficient to finding job??
bhangale
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: I AM PLANNING TO GO DUBAI IN THIS AUGUST Jun 19, 2014
You should have your CV and cover letter prepared in advance.

Try to apply to jobs while you are still in your home country. Indicate in your cover letter that you will be in Dubai in August and will call the company then. You can find job openings in Gulf News careers section (gulfnews.com).

Plan your Dubai trip. Where will you stay? With friends? in a hotel - (they are costly)? Sharing accommodation/bed space?

If you stay in Dubai, you'll find easy transportation but your expenses will be higher. Alternately, you can stay in Sharjah and use the bus to come from Sharjah to Dubai and then use Dubai's bus and train (Metro) service to get around.

once you are here, continue applying to jobs and go to any and every walk-in interview you can. But beware of fraudsters and scammers. Don't work for anyone while you are on visit or tourist visa, no matter how promising the job offer looks. it's not allowed to work on visit/tourist visa and there have been cases of cheating where the employer takes work from the visitor, wastes their time, and then doesn't give them the job (and work visa) or salary! Also, beware of anyone who ask you for money in return for finding you a job. There are those who will take advantage of your desperate and weak position, so be careful of them.

Finally, don't have high expectations. It's not easy finding a job in this country. The competition is very fierce. There are millions of jobseekers like you so don't think you'll be able to get a job fast. In fact, consider your trip a vacation and an experiment and don't be upset if you have to go back without a job. Enjoy your stay and good luck in your job search.
Radeya
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: I AM PLANNING TO GO DUBAI IN THIS AUGUST Jun 19, 2014
Radeya ,THANKS RADEYA,,,
bhangale
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: I AM PLANNING TO GO DUBAI IN THIS AUGUST Jun 26, 2014
Its a great plan you should go and enjoy the trip.Hope you'll get a good job as well ,best of luck :)
Angila098
Dubai Forum User

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai