Only High School Educated, Find A Decent Job?

Topic locked
Only high school educated, find a decent job? Nov 02, 2008
I have two questions that I would be glad if someone could help me out with!

I wonder if its possible to find a job that pays good if I only have a high school diploma?

I am european and have several years of experinece in sales and marketing.

What kind of sales job would you recommend? In which field are " the big money" being made in sales ?

RE.BROKER
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 02, 2008
depends what country you were educated in. the labour law has minimum educational standards which determine whether you can be employed or not. sales areas, this may prove tricky, you would need to try and work within your area of expertise, the market is flooded with degree educated east-asians all trying to get into sales - you'd have to distinguish yourself to be in with a chance.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Re: Only high school educated, find a decent job? Nov 06, 2008
RE.BROKER wrote:I wonder if its possible to find a job that pays good if I only have a high school diploma?

Yea you can but try the private companies.

RE.BROKER wrote:What kind of sales job would you recommend? In which field are " the big money" being made in sales ?

A lot of jobs based-on the salesmen. just get the faith and go ahead.
bonbonboi
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 06, 2008
Yea you can but try the private companies.

Don't confuse the issue!

the labour law has minimum educational standards which determine whether you can be employed or not

To this end a copy of your attested (by a UAE Consulate) qualifications has to be submitted to the Department of Labour before they will process your Labour application, in most cases an employer won't even entertain an application without a copy of your qualifications; this procedure is followed by most GCC countries and applies to all labour applicants.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Nov 07, 2008
dbxsoul wrote:

To this end a copy of your attested (by a UAE Consulate) qualifications has to be submitted to the Department of Labor before they will process your Labor application, in most cases an employer won't even entertain an application without a copy of your qualifications; this procedure is followed by most GCC countries and applies to all labor applicants.

it doesn't matter, once the company accepted him as an employee, they will proceed. His position in the company will be as what they agreed with, regardless of whatever the company has told the Labor of ministry.
bonbonboi
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 07, 2008
i kind of understand what you are trying to say, but you are confusing the issue.

without valid attested documents it is impossible to get a legal labour card and work legally in the UAE - this is the law, and cannot be changed
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Nov 09, 2008
Who Knows !
bonbonboi
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 09, 2008
:roll: sigh
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Nov 17, 2008
dbxsoul wrote:i kind of understand what you are trying to say, but you are confusing the issue.

without valid attested documents it is impossible to get a legal labour card and work legally in the UAE - this is the law, and cannot be changed

your last high school report card will work you don't need that much specially coming from one of the golden 33 countries ..

I work as a artist here for a company and well pretty highend work and I'm self taught ... no degree,. I had No Problem at all..
( but what i do is pretty special :wink: )
pete t
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Only High School Educated, Find A Decent Job? May 17, 2010
Now you make us very curious pete t.
tell us more what you do ......lol
what do you mean by pretty special?
Belgiummoroccan
Dubai Forum User

Re: Only High School Educated, Find A Decent Job? Sep 24, 2010
Belgiummoroccan wrote:Now you make us very curious pete t.
tell us more what you do ......lol
what do you mean by pretty special?

I think he means hes boning the boss
EmmyAndez
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai