Levying Penalty On A Terminated Employee

Topic locked
Levying penalty on a terminated employee Oct 01, 2013
An employee in my office was terminated for disclosing confidential information. Can my company levy a monetary penalty on the guy? If yes whats the max amount?

indigal
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Levying Penalty On A Terminated Employee Jul 17, 2014
Ah. Was about to answer, but see the question is old. In any case.

The answer is no. Firstly you would have to have a formal non-disclosure agreement in place atipulating the penalty.

Secondly if this was a serious breach it should have been reported to the police and a case opened. Most items under article 120 of a serious nature require that the employee be found guilty in a court of law in order to legally terminate their employment. Which I believe was not the case.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Re: Levying Penalty On A Terminated Employee Jan 13, 2016
i too even have a similar case but i am the employer. Group of employees have planned likea big gang and had started a company learning all our secrets and taken many document.s I don't have a proof yet but i can see in front of me things are all happening. The main leader is still under contract and with us and she has also put papers. She is the one behind all and corrupting everyone . Some of hem didn't even finish 1 year. Now i want to terminate the employee and put a ban...what do i do??
EmployerRights
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Levying Penalty On A Terminated Employee Jan 13, 2016
You are entitled to make them sign a formal non-disclosure agreement. What I would suggest is that you have an attorney draft one, taking into account local regulations and laws. Up until the day they resign or are cancelled you are entitled to make them sign the agreement. I would get the attorney to draft something making the individual financially responsible for any breach of information. It is illegal to share company information with a competitor as well, this could result in a criminal case against the individual.

In order to protect yourself, I would suggest that you go to the labour department and speak to one of the representatives there; there may well be a process that needs to be followed in order to secure a permanent ban.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Re: Levying Penalty On A Terminated Employee Jan 20, 2016
Loadge complain online to MOL, they will respond you through email also.
DubaiTourism
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai