End Of Service - Advice.

Topic locked
End of service - advice. Dec 20, 2011
Hi everyone,

I have been working with a company for roughly 2 and half years on an un limited contract. I have recently handed in my resignation in writing to the company as I intend to return to my home country.

Here's what I would like to know:

1) How long does it take to cancel my employment visa and what is the process?
2) I have not taken my annual leave, does the company pay this out to me. If so how?
3) I have accumulated 18 leiu days in overtime, does the company pay this out to me. If so how?
4) I am entitled to a return ticket home as i have not used it yet, can i use it now when i fly back one way?
5) How is my end of service calculated?
6) Will my salary for this end of month be paid to me or included in my last pay check?

I am asking all of these questions because I don't want to be wrong done. I am leaving the company on good terms and i would like to have them do the same.

If anyone has any advice or help, please do let me know.

Sincerely
GrannyPinky

GrannyPinky
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: End Of Service - Advice. Dec 21, 2011
Visa cancellation can be quick or a lenthy process, depending on whether they want to be difficult. Your un-used leave should be paid along with end of service gratuity, which I think is 21 days pay per year worked. Normnally final payments are made to the bank and your account could be frozen whilst they work out if you have any loans, cc's etc that need paying off, then you get what's left.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: End Of Service - Advice. Jan 16, 2012
I think see Gulfnews law section they address to all issues regarding cancellation and Termination
uaemovers
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai