Cisco Career In Dubai

Topic locked
Cisco career in Dubai Dec 30, 2008
Hello guys,

This question is for people in Dubai who are in Cisco networking profession.
My profile summary is that I am 22 years old with 3 years of industrial experience.
I am planning to move to dubai soon and wondering if someone can give me a quick idea of how much a CCIE(certifed) network engineer can earn in dubai.

I got my telecoms engineering degree from UK and have been working here for the last 3 years(currently employed with Cisco Systems earning around £50k/year).

In terms of money, would it be same in dubai / or less / or more ?
Is western experience preferred ?
Although dubai has very diverse culture as far as I know, can i also ask what extent skin color matters to when it comes to being an asian, british etc ?

Thanks in advance for your opinions....

cisco_man
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 05, 2009
seems like there aren't many people here relating to cisco
any views please ?
cisco_man
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 05, 2009
Sorry, not really my thing, but will give it a shot.

Although IN GENERAL IT positions in the Middle East are lowly paid (by UK standards) due to the proximity of a large base of qualified Indian and Pilipino staff. The old “supply and demand” storey kicks in and IT professionals who normally earn decent money in the UK or States find they are not competitive from a salary perspective.

I’d also suggest that you contact CISCO, I think they have regional offices in the Internet City Free Zone in Dubai; they may be better placed to offer you market related (regional) salary information – specifically as you are qualified on their networks.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Jan 20, 2009
CCIE's are paid Quiet well in Dubai however it also depends upon ur area of experties in CCIE ( R&S , Security , Voice etc.) CCIE Voice working at End user are paid at the range of 35K to 45 K compared to CCIE's working with Cisco or Cisco partners where the average salary ranges between 30-35K AED pm, however it again depends upon ur Nationality. If you are CCIE Voice , i assume you should be paid nearly 37-38K AED per month as in your case relevant indutrial experience is less but if you have quality work experience then maybe you will be able to reach the mentioned figures..
Spark
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 14, 2009
CCIE is the highest level in Cisco piramyd. Which limits is for CCNP and CCNA? 20K AED and 10K AED per month or even less?
For a person from Europe?
Navigator
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 10, 2009
HI Folks,

I work in Cisco Systems - USA office. I am also a CCIE (R & S). Currently, i am earning 110K per year. I am moving to Cisco - Dubai office. HR is going to start my paperwork sometime soon. As i am moving to Dubai, so i have the following questions from audience

1. Can i be get paid in dollars, as i am being paid here ( I am also a US Citizen).
2. If yes, then how can be my package be?
3. In case, i am being paid in Dirhams, how much i can expect from HR? In between 30k-35k per month
4. In case, i am being paid 30K-35K per month from Cisco so is it a good package OR i should negotiate with my HR on this.

Please someone reply me on this. I am making a biggest decision of my life and i need your help in this.

Regards,
CCIE Engineer
ccie_RS_engineer
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai