Career In Dubai???

Topic locked
Career in Dubai??? Oct 23, 2008
I'll move soon to Dubai as my husband got a job there and I would like to work there too but Im a bit confused about the possible careers I can have. I´ve about 5 years of working experince in the goverment sector developing social education and cultural projects. I guess that to work in the goverment there I will need arabic so, please if someone can advise about which kind of sectors I can look for a job. I have BA in Education. On the other hand, how much salary should I expect.
Thank you!!!!

marita
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 25, 2008
Did u post ur resume on any recruiters sites? I know for example that ministry of Education have non-Arabic speakers. It'll be more helpful to contact recruiters. At least they will have ur resume and will give u more advice accordingly.
bedro
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 25, 2008
I was thinking in doing that once I'm there. Thank you for the info about the department of education, I will check there
marita
Dubai Forum Guest

Mar 13, 2009
Hi marita

As you are a non local there are very few possibilities of offers in govt companies,any ways you can always try for them.As you have mentioned you have enough experience in your field ,hope you can get a job.You can always find a list of companies in yellow pages Uae as its very easy than searching on internet.
All the best for your future job.
asif.ahmed
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Career in Dubai??? Mar 14, 2009
marita wrote:I'll move soon to Dubai as my husband got a job there and I would like to work there too but Im a bit confused about the possible careers I can have. I´ve about 5 years of working experince in the goverment sector developing social education and cultural projects. I guess that to work in the goverment there I will need arabic so, please if someone can advise about which kind of sectors I can look for a job. I have BA in Education. On the other hand, how much salary should I expect.
Thank you!!!!

Post your resume on Gulf Timesjobs after registering you will get the job alerts on mobile and email through which you can apply instantly.
mishraonnet
Dubai Forum Guest

Mar 15, 2009
I have a good friend who works at the biggest local( govt : only for locals ) Uni here and is into educational development. Its a very good gig everything is paid for. Plus loads of days off and short working hours

Oh and he's Canadian and probally know one word of Arabic. So give it a shot.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai