What Would You Pack?

Topic locked
What would you pack? Oct 18, 2006
Ok I'm not sure if this belongs in the Travel section or here but here goes ....

What would you pack for a 3-4 day trip?

If it was business?

If it was to visit family?

If it was to go on vacation?

I can personally never figure out how many shoes to take with me. I usually end up taking five pairs and actually end up wearing all of them but they take up a ton of space!! And I make sure I take a vanilla candle with me, reminds me of home. A pair of jeans (ofcourse!), a dress (just in case!), 5 casual shirts, 3 party tops, a hair drier, makeup and if on a business trip, a suit and a couple business casual outfits as well.

I guess its a lot easier for guys.

PrettyPenny
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 19, 2006
3 pairs of pants.

3 pairs of socks.

3 shirts.

3 trousers.

Toothbrush Razor.

MP3 Player and Laptop :)

Your right it is easier for guys.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Oct 19, 2006
I know how you feel PrettyPenny..I ALWAYS overpack....no matter how hard I try to avoid it I can't help it. What can I say..variety is the spice of life and you can never have too many shoes :P
noni
Dubai chat master

Oct 19, 2006
noni wrote:I know how you feel PrettyPenny..I ALWAYS overpack....no matter how hard I try to avoid it I can't help it. What can I say..variety is the spice of life and you can never have too many shoes :P

You are so right! Only another woman would understand this dilemma.
PrettyPenny
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 19, 2006
You know I had two friends (female) come visit, between the two of them during the 3 weeks they were here they bought 53 pairs of shoes, no exaggeration.

I on the other hand made the permanent move to Dubai with 2 suitcases and had room to spare.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Oct 19, 2006
bags/purses are also a dilemma .... i can remember a time (as kids) we only had 2 pairs of shoes each. one black, one white. life was so simple!!
PrettyPenny
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 19, 2006
fayz wrote:
I on the other hand made the permanent move to Dubai with 2 suitcases and had room to spare.

I am jealous..I don't know how I am going to manage getting all my stuff over
noni
Dubai chat master

Oct 19, 2006
sell ur old ones and start a new collection!! this is the perfect opportunity! :lol:
PrettyPenny
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 19, 2006
PrettyPenny wrote:sell ur old ones and start a new collection!! this is the perfect opportunity! :lol:

We are SO on the same page! Great idea....NEW CLOTHES...yayyyyy :P
noni
Dubai chat master

Oct 19, 2006
shoes girl ... first the shoes!!
PrettyPenny
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 19, 2006
AND SHOES

im already excited
noni
Dubai chat master

Oct 19, 2006
:lol: :lol:
PrettyPenny
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 19, 2006
3-4 day trip?

wouldnt even bother carryin lugguage.

go clean an come dirty is my policy .. then u know u accomplish'd somethin .
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Oct 19, 2006
For a short trip I pack 3 pairs of shoes: casual/athletic, dress shoes (that can go with both skirts and pants) and a pair of flip-flops.

I have an entire wrinkle-free wardrobe that I use just for travel, that's the most important thing for me, that my clothes are hassle-free. I also always carry an extra pair of socks, underwear and T-shirt in my big purse in case of delays, cancellations, getting stranded a the airport etc... (A "popcorn" shirt takes up as much space as rolled up socks).

I absolutely can't travel without: mini-kleenex pack, hand sanitizer, aspirin, dramamine, peppermint pills, tea (I hate airplane tea), makeup remover towelettes, makeup, mini lotion, perfume, toothbrush/paste/floss, a book and an extra bed sheet. I was once stranded in a forsaken town and ended up staying at the yuckiest hotel ever - my extra sheet saved me!
Mint Tulip
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 19, 2006
3-4 days?! I dont wanna enumerate... suffice to say, I dont want to look the same everyday... different outfit, different shoes, different bags (should match the clothes, of course) hahahha not to mention the 'women' stuffs!

(never leaves without a laptop)
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 19, 2006
fayz wrote:

I think i can better that record :)

I came here with just one suitcase, exactly 30 kg and bought rest of the stuff here. u dunno when i move from here what am i going to do with the stuff that has piled on :lol:
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 19, 2006
You have to ask another 2 questions first, where wuold you be going? And what is the weather going to be like?

I normally backpack, so minimal is the game for me.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 19, 2006
A toothbrush.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: What would you pack? Oct 19, 2006
PrettyPenny wrote:Ok I'm not sure if this belongs in the Travel section or here but here goes ....

What would you pack for a 3-4 day trip?

If it was business?

If it was to visit family?

If it was to go on vacation?

I can personally never figure out how many shoes to take with me. I usually end up taking five pairs and actually end up wearing all of them but they take up a ton of space!! And I make sure I take a vanilla candle with me, reminds me of home. A pair of jeans (ofcourse!), a dress (just in case!), 5 casual shirts, 3 party tops, a hair drier, makeup and if on a business trip, a suit and a couple business casual outfits as well.

I guess its a lot easier for guys.

Hmmm the purpose of the travel is very important but lets try to summarize the things you need to pack for a 3-4 days trip:

Camera
Rechargable Battery and the Charger of course
Waterproof Zip plastic bag (or whereever your camera can be stored safely)

Wallet
Passport (if needed)
ID's/Credit Cards/Cash

Personal Neccesities (toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, soap, deodorant( only small packets so its handy) and perfume/cologne, powder, make up,etc)

Undiesssss
Jeans (a must! 3/4, or long, maybe 1 slack, 1 maong, 1 jogging pants)
Top (one casual, one sexy, one formal, one sporty)
Night Dress
Shoes ( 1 you should be wearing already it could be closed shoes, 1 sexy strappy? sandals, 1 rubber shoes or 1 beach sandals)
1 Jacket/Cardigan/Sweatshirt, etc that looks best on you(only if its a cold country)
THE Ultimate Dress (just in case)
Trunks/Bikini/Two-piece/Sando and shorts

Now if it will be a boring trip, never forget your Hi-tech gadgets, play music, connect to Internet for e-mail checking and DF posting, or it could be a book, whatever will suits your boredom.

Love travelling, haaaay :iroc:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 19, 2006
jabbajabba wrote:3 pairs of pants.

3 pairs of socks.

3 shirts.

3 trousers.

Toothbrush Razor.

MP3 Player and Laptop :)

Your right it is easier for guys.

you go commando ? :shock:
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 19, 2006
My dilemma is not 3-4 day business trips but when its 2-3 weeks ! My strategy so far is to pack light and just use the laundry facility at the hotels i am staying in .. and best part .. the company pays for it ;)

Also i would always be light thatn heavey and if i missed something i am sure i can buy it where i am ... (assuming i aint in the jungles of africa)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 19, 2006
Vacation:

Most important: underware one pair per day plus extra pair just in case.

Couple of pairs of pants (including the one on the flight). T-shirts and one or 2 shirts.

Comfortable shoes.

Toothbrush.

Business:

Tie and shirt per day: 2 or 3 business suits. 1 pair of black and one pair of brown shoes- black and brown belts, black and brown watches. undeshirts. Comfortalble pants and t-shirt for when not at business. Pair of shorts for hotel room.

Electric shaver, toothbrush.

Family:

Same as vacation.

All above weather depending. But only to the extent of a coat (long if business trip and short otherwise) and one or 2 sweaters.

If trip longer than 1 week do laundry at hotel or in place I am visiting.

I've to a few places all over and never ran out of stuff.

Tip - if there too long just wear the underwear inside out. If needed on the 3rd wear just scrap off the stuff!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around