Recommended Restaurants In Dubai By DF Members

Topic locked
Recommended Restaurants in Dubai by DF Members Feb 25, 2007
Most of us read a guide or two or three before arriving in Dubai. Each with a list of restaurants (written by 25 year olds or people without real jobs - believe you me I have friends who write for Fodors, lonely planet and Fromers - 4 different people - so I know).

I think it would be a good idea for a list of "Recommended Restaurants" in Dubai. I know, some fool will tell me this belongs in "Dubai Guide". Well I don't think so. Lets give it a try.

I can say I have never had a bad meal or complaint about Wamagama at the Crown Plaza - Sheik Sayed road. What say you?

Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 25, 2007
manhattan grill..grand hyatt..always delicous
noni
Dubai chat master

Feb 26, 2007
China Sea - obviously for chinese - clock tower roundabout

Many would agree on this one :)
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 26, 2007
I don't go to fancy restaurants much. Somehow I prefer regular restaurants or even street hawkers (if exist). Does it count?

- Lemongrass (the restaurant or food stall at Ibn Battuta mall). Tasty Thai foods, even better than what I had when living in Bangkok.

- Al Mallah restaurant (Dhiyafah road). Best shawarma sandwich in town.

- Arz Lebanese restaurant (DIC etc). Tasty boneless chicken.

I love Chinese food. But Chinese food in Dubai are all suck, so I can't recommend one.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 26, 2007
I like Hardy's burgers... they're the bomb.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 26, 2007
xty wrote: I love Chinese food. But Chinese food in Dubai are all suck, so I can't recommend one.

Jeevan wrote:China Sea - obviously for chinese - clock tower roundabout

There you have it now.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 26, 2007
Al Damyati... its not a posh place but its tasty...
V-Man
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 26, 2007
V-Man wrote:Al Damyati... its not a posh place but its tasty...

what kind of food?
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 26, 2007
Arabic
V-Man
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 26, 2007
Restaurants at pyramid tent (back of wafi city), all kinds of food you can find there and the ambiance is very classy and comfy.

I really like going to IV, i can wear slippers and just be comfy while having sumptous dinner.

Nice also at hyatt regency roof top.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 26, 2007
Charcoal chicken in any lebanese restaurants are very good also.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 26, 2007
xty wrote:- Lemongrass (the restaurant or food stall at Ibn Battuta mall). Tasty Thai foods, even better than what I had when living in Bangkok.
mmm i agree i looove lemongrass

xty wrote:I love Chinese food. But Chinese food in Dubai are all suck, so I can't recommend one.

Have you tried the place behind (sorta) lemongrass - i think it is called Lam Kwai Fong, or similar i quite like the food there.

Also if you like Malaysian, the first malaysia restaurant at the top of....sky tower (i think thats the one - next to Al Attar on SZR) is great - just simple food but really tasty!
Coops
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 26, 2007
I agree Sky Tower Malaysian is great!! I find the chinese food here a bit bland here also! But the Four seasons top of Rydges PLaza is great! :D Can't beat the crispy Duck pancakes and a few cold beers
mmmm
:D :D :D :D
look4thebest
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 27, 2007
Concord wrote:
xty wrote: I love Chinese food. But Chinese food in Dubai are all suck, so I can't recommend one.

Jeevan wrote:China Sea - obviously for chinese - clock tower roundabout

There you have it now.

Let's see if it's a real Chinese food, not Indian-Chinese or Filipino-Chinese food. No offense ;)

Some food stall in malls (Panda, Dragon, or whatever the name is), even they employ Chinese people, but still doesn't taste good.

Wait, I think I know, maybe because they don't contain pork oil or cooking wine ;)
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 27, 2007
Coops wrote:Have you tried the place behind (sorta) lemongrass - i think it is called Lam Kwai Fong, or similar i quite like the food there.

Also if you like Malaysian, the first malaysia restaurant at the top of....sky tower (i think thats the one - next to Al Attar on SZR) is great - just simple food but really tasty!

Never tried that one. You're talking about the Lemongrass restaurant, not the food stall right? Will check out.

I heard from my friends that Malaysian restaurant also good. They serve also Indonesian food (which I usually buy from Singapore Deli in Karama). Will try sometimes.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 27, 2007
asc_26 wrote:I really like going to IV, i can wear slippers and just be comfy while having sumptous dinner.

What kind of food they serve at IV? And can we bring kids? I was thinking IV is some kind of resto-bar where no kids normally there.

Slippers rule! ;)
I don't like fancy restaurants. Food is not worth it with the price.
I hated when I was going to one of the restaruant in Madinat Jumeirah. Though I dress nicely and wear shoes, they don't allow kids.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 27, 2007
xty wrote:
asc_26 wrote:I really like going to IV, i can wear slippers and just be comfy while having sumptous dinner.

What kind of food they serve at IV? And can we bring kids? I was thinking IV is some kind of resto-bar where no kids normally there.

Slippers rule! ;)
I don't like fancy restaurants. Food is not worth it with the price.
I hated when I was going to one of the restaruant in Madinat Jumeirah. Though I dress nicely and wear shoes, they don't allow kids.

Sometimes kids and restaurants don't mix. Many parents could care less about inconveniencing the other patrons with unruly kids. Since they are used to their kids rantings they don't notice how disruptive they could be - after all the parents are out to have a good time and the heck with the rest of the people. Of course not all parents, but many.

When we go to a restaurant and they ask "smoking or non smoking?" we say "no kids" - sit us as far away from kids as possible. I think there are restaurants for kids and times to take kids to a restaurant. But dinner time (say past 8 pm) it is not for kids under 10! - except fast food joints.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 27, 2007
DF Members "Recommendations" so far:

Asian Cuisine – Wagamama [Concord – “I have never had a bad meal or complaint about Wamagama”] at the Crown Plaza - Sheik Sayed road.

Steak House - Manhattan Grill [Noni – “always delicious”] at grand hyatt

Chinese – China Sea - [Jeevan - “Many would agree on this one “] at clock tower roundabout.
Chinese - 4 seasons @ Rydges Plaza [Look4theBest - "the Four seasons top of Rydges PLaza is great! Can't beat the crispy Duck pancakes and a few cold beers']

Thai - Lemongrass (XTY - “Tasty Thai foods, even better than what I had when living in Bangkok”] at the restaurant or food stall at Ibn Battuta mall.

Lebanese -Al Mallah restaurant [XTY -. “Best shawarma sandwich in town”] at Dhiyafah road.

Lebanese - Arz Lebanese restaurant [XTY – “Tasty boneless chicken”] at DIC etc.

Burgers – Hardy’s [Ian “I like Hardy's burgers... they're the bomb”] at all over the place.

Arabic - Al Damyati [V-Man – “ its not a posh place but its tasty”]...

? IV [ASC-26 “I really like going to IV, i can wear slippers and just be comfy while having sumptous dinner”]…?

Malaysian – Sky Tower Malasyan [Coops “is great - just simple food but really tasty!”] the first malaysia restaurant at the top of....sky tower (i think thats the one - next to Al Attar on SZR). [look4thebest – “I agree Sky Tower Malaysian is great!!”]
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 27, 2007
Don't forget the Chinese place behind Lemongrass - Lam(?) Kwai Fong, not like food court chinese at all!

Next door to this place is the Fish Basket (opp ENOC Building) - a great lebanese seafood place, you pick the type of seafood you want and then ask them to cook it how you like.

Oh i also like noodle house - recently opened up in DCC, but i think they have one in the emitates towers and at the madinat - i wouldnt call it chinese, cuz it is a bit of a mix of different types of asian. But the fresh juice/tea drinks are great and there are heaps to try!

Sorry to ramble on....i like food :)
Coops
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 27, 2007
Concord wrote:DF Members "Recommendations" so far:

? IV [ASC-26 “I really like going to IV, i can wear slippers and just be comfy while having sumptous dinner”]…?

Irish Village and some restaurants inside the compound but its crowded nowadays cos of tennis event. :(
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 27, 2007
Nawab - Only for Chicken Biryani and nothing else (In Jumeirah and Burdubai Al ain centre)

Khazana - Just beside Cyclone(owned by famous Indian Chef Sanjeev Kapoor)

The Revolving Restaurant in Hyatt Regency Deira beside Hamriya Fish Market and Gould Souq. Forgot the Actual name
Unknown Devil
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 28, 2007
Unknown Devil wrote:
The Revolving Restaurant in Hyatt Regency Deira beside Hamriya Fish Market and Gould Souq. Forgot the Actual name

+100 I've been there. :oops: Very Nice.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 28, 2007
asc_26 wrote:
Unknown Devil wrote:

So what's the name?
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 28, 2007
Concord wrote:
asc_26 wrote:
Unknown Devil wrote:

So what's the name?

AL DAWAR...very nice there. It's a revolving roof top restaurant at Hyatt Regency.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 28, 2007
I don't know if it is the same chain as the one in Ibn Battuta but Lan Kwai Fung behind Lamcy Plaza is my favourite for chinese.

What I'm really craving in Dubai is Vietnames I need a nice big bowl of Pho and some Vietnamese coffee if anyone has suggestions.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Mar 01, 2007
asc_26 wrote:Irish Village and some restaurants inside the compound but its crowded nowadays cos of tennis event. :(

So...?
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 01, 2007
xty wrote:
asc_26 wrote:Irish Village and some restaurants inside the compound but its crowded nowadays cos of tennis event. :(

So...?

You can bring kids but not for dinner. There are restuarants (that serve asian, south american dishes, arabic and etc) inside the compound other than the Irish Pub. There's Costa Coffee shop also. Check the place with your wife first.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 01, 2007
asc_26 wrote:
xty wrote:

So...?

You can bring kids but not for dinner. There are restuarants (that serve asian, south american dishes, arabic and etc) inside the compound other than the Irish Pub. There's Costa Coffee shop also. Check the place with your wife first.

I'm taking IV off the list as it is not a restaurant! Its a place with restaurants. If there is a particular restaurant in there that you recommend then lets put it in. Otherwise we would just simply say "Deira" or "Marina" or "Bur Dubai", etc. and it won't be of much help.

I really thought "IV" was the name of a restaurant [roman numeral "4" or some initial] :oops: :oops:
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 01, 2007
Concord wrote:DF Members "Recommendations" so far:

Asian CuisineWagamama [Concord – “I have never had a bad meal or complaint about Wamagama”] at the Crown Plaza - Sheik Sayed road.

Steak House - Manhattan Grill [Noni – “always delicious”] at grand hyatt

Chinese China Sea - [Jeevan - “Many would agree on this one “] at clock tower roundabout.
Chinese - 4 seasons @ Rydges Plaza [Look4theBest - "the Four seasons top of Rydges PLaza is great! Can't beat the crispy Duck pancakes and a few cold beers']
Chinese - Lan Kwai Fung [Fayz - "I don't know if it is the same chain as the one in Ibn Battuta but Lan Kwai Fung behind Lamcy Plaza is my favourite for chinese]

Thai - Lemongrass (XTY - “Tasty Thai foods, even better than what I had when living in Bangkok”] at the restaurant or food stall at Ibn Battuta mall.

Lebanese -Al Mallah restaurant [XTY -. “Best shawarma sandwich in town”] at Dhiyafah road.

Lebanese - Arz Lebanese restaurant [XTY – “Tasty boneless chicken”] at DIC etc.

Burgers Hardy’s [Ian “I like Hardy's burgers... they're the bomb”] at all over the place.

Arabic - Al Damyati [V-Man – “ its not a posh place but its tasty”]...

MalaysianSky Tower Malasyan [Coops “is great - just simple food but really tasty!”] the first malaysia restaurant at the top of....sky tower (i think thats the one - next to Al Attar on SZR). [look4thebest – “I agree Sky Tower Malaysian is great!!”]

Indian - Nawab - [ unknown devil: "Only for Chicken Biryani and nothing else (In Jumeirah and Burdubai Al ain centre)
Indian - Khazana [ unknown devil; "Just beside Cyclone(owned by famous Indian Chef Sanjeev Kapoor)"]

Vietnamese [No recommendations Fayz needs "a nice big bowl of Pho and some Vietnamese coffee"]
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 01, 2007
asc_26 wrote:You can bring kids but not for dinner. There are restuarants (that serve asian, south american dishes, arabic and etc) inside the compound other than the Irish Pub. There's Costa Coffee shop also. Check the place with your wife first.

Looks like a fun place. Will definitely go there. Need to check on the map. It's somewhere near airport, right? Any exact direction (e.g. from City Center or Garhoud bridge)?

Concord wrote:I really thought "IV" was the name of a restaurant [roman numeral "4" or some initial]

I really thought so. I knew it's Irish Village. I thought it's like an Irish bar/resto-bar.
Restaurants complex also can be found behind Heritage Village, creek-side. Nice place especially at night, but haven't tried to dine there yet.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around