Khor Kalba (south Of Fujairah)?

Topic locked
Khor Kalba (south of Fujairah)? Oct 06, 2007
I plan to go there this Ied holiday (plus some visits to the rest of East Coast up to Dibba). According to one of off-road guide book, there's still greeneries/mangrove/birds and we can go fishing.
Has anyone visited there recently? How is it?

Apart from that place, any suggestions on interesting spots in East Coast?

xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 06, 2007
I heard of a place called snoopy island near a hotel...but thats all my info is limited too...sorry if im no use.

But, you can ask this guy, he lives in Fujeirah : http://experiencingtheemirates.blogspot.com/ his email is in his user profile...
V-Man
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 07, 2007
Snoopy island is fab. It's off the Sandy Beach Hotel (very popular with Russians_)which is just next to Meridian Al Aqah - just follow the signs to Meriden Al Aqah. you can pay 50Dhs to access the sandy beach facilities then hire snorkels and flippers to go snorkelling around the island.

Absolutely beautiful fish. Well worth the 2 point something hour drive from dubai.

Mussandam is also apparently beautiful and Khorfakkan.
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 08, 2007
scarlet wrote:Snoopy island is fab. It's off the Sandy Beach Hotel (very popular with Russians_)which is just next to Meridian Al Aqah.

I'll second that. A guy I know at work goes every other week just to snorkel there. Its meant to be one of the best places in the UAE for it. I stayed in the Al Aqah and it was fantastic!

Plus its a really nice, scenic drive over from Dubai.
Craigo
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Khor Kalba (south of Fujairah)? Nov 06, 2007
xty wrote:I plan to go there this Ied holiday (plus some visits to the rest of East Coast up to Dibba). According to one of off-road guide book, there's still greeneries/mangrove/birds and we can go fishing.

Kalba is a beautiful place, very different from other places in UAE. From Sandy Beach hotel you just drive toward to Fujairah and continue along the coast almost upto the border of Oman.
There are a lot of mangroves and birds...but fishing in Kalba's mangroves is prohibited.
From Kalba just turn right and passing Kalba fort go to the mountains. Soon you will reach Kalba tunnel. It is also nice place for driving.
Vita
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 11, 2008
I've been celebrated my birthday down in Kalba, near Omar border.

The place is nice, but don't forget that Kalba is belongs to Sharjah. :D
Baltika
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Khor Kalba (south of Fujairah)? Dec 11, 2008
xty wrote:I plan to go there this Ied holiday (plus some visits to the rest of East Coast up to Dibba). According to one of off-road guide book, there's still greeneries/mangrove/birds and we can go fishing.

Before going there call to the one of the hotel (La Meridian, Oceanic...) about harmfull algae. It has been real problem there this fall.
Swimming with algae is dangerous for your health and not really pleasant - a lot of rotten fish on the surface of the Ocean.

I don't know about Calba but there are no wild subtropical greenery in Dibba and nearby. Mountains are amasing but absolutely bald.

Anyway it is a great place to "Escape, Explore and Enjoy"(c) :)
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 24, 2008
There are also waterfalls in Fujairah
ArchitectRoel
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Khor Kalba (south of Fujairah)? Jan 20, 2009
Red Chief wrote:Before going there call to the one of the hotel (La Meridian, Oceanic...) about harmfull algae. It has been real problem there this fall.
Swimming with algae is dangerous for your health and not really pleasant - a lot of rotten fish on the surface of the Ocean.

My post was a year ago ;)
About algal bloom (aka red tide) I know about it as I was in fact doing scuba diving there in Fujairah when it happened last November 2008 ;)
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 12, 2009
Way back in late 1990s I had gone for Trekking and Canoeing in Khor Kalba which was organised by an educational institution. It was just amazing... I tried repeating that experience in 2005, but couldn't find that place!!!!
Would love to go to that place again. it was really nice!!
noaman
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around