Anyone Bought Property In India?

Topic locked
Anyone bought property in India? Dec 17, 2006
Hey,
Has anyone here purchased property in India?
Could you let me know the contact details of any known builders / developers / real estate people who sell there?

Thanks!

ineedacoolnick
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 17, 2006
sorry not to jack your thread but out of curiousity are non-indians allowed to buy property in India? I was looking at investments there and recently found out you can't trade there unless you're indian.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Dec 17, 2006
why you want buy property in india. too much indians there and it smell.
MAC
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 17, 2006
fayz wrote:sorry not to jack your thread but out of curiousity are non-indians allowed to buy property in India? I was looking at investments there and recently found out you can't trade there unless you're indian.

yes you are right, you cant buy property if you are not indian. I so want to buy my own place at Goa but cant :(

any cute indian girl wanna marry me and give me the indian passport ? EJ this is an offer forget about Guy A and Guy B.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 17, 2006
Hang on, I was told that westerners could buy property in India as long as it is NOT classed as Agricultural land. I remember phoning the Indian Consulate/Embassy perhaps 1 year ago. I too looked at property in Hyderabad.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 17, 2006
Hmm.
No idea about that.
I'm Indian but been here my whole life so don't know anyone there to help me out.
I would be buying as a NRI - Non Resident Indian, so I don't think non Indians should have a problem.

So since so many of you smart people know about India, what & where do you suggest I buy for a long term investment / renting out place?
:)
ineedacoolnick
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 17, 2006
MAC wrote:why you want buy property in india. too much indians there and it smell.

Hmm, maybe cuz some people like to make good investments and make some money?? You sound like a kiddish idiot by the way.
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 17, 2006
ineedacoolnick wrote:Hmm.
No idea about that.
I'm Indian but been here my whole life so don't know anyone there to help me out.
I would be buying as a NRI - Non Resident Indian, so I don't think non Indians should have a problem.

So since so many of you smart people know about India, what & where do you suggest I buy for a long term investment / renting out place?
:)

Well, as your best bet these days, look for up and coming communities in various cities. Those will appreciate and grow well. Of course, you need to make sure about the infrstructure plans around this developing area. A good infrastructure is a must!

Good luck!
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 17, 2006
Hi..an an NRI as well and have invested in properties in Bangalore and Bombay...think these 2 cities are your best bet.

Will pm you with the builders details in a couple of days as i dont have the contacts right now.
pixie 32
Dubai Forums Talker

Dec 17, 2006
pixie 32 wrote:Hi..an an NRI as well and have invested in properties in Bangalore and Bombay...think these 2 cities are your best bet.

Will pm you with the builders details in a couple of days as i dont have the contacts right now.

Thanks. Exactly what i was looking for! :)
I know Bombay, B'lore are the best places for buying. Heard Hyderabad and Pune are really coming up too.

Waiting for your PM. Thanks :)
ineedacoolnick
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 17, 2006
MaaaD wrote:
fayz wrote:sorry not to jack your thread but out of curiousity are non-indians allowed to buy property in India? I was looking at investments there and recently found out you can't trade there unless you're indian.

yes you are right, you cant buy property if you are not indian. I so want to buy my own place at Goa but cant :(

any cute indian girl wanna marry me and give me the indian passport ? EJ this is an offer forget about Guy A and Guy B.

as long as u give me the canadian passport baby hahaha :lol:

Anyways, well its strange whoever I asked about non-indians buying property in india, they arnt 100% sure if you can. But I know one of my friends friend, iranian Passport holder lived and owned a flat in mumbai. So I think you can.

MaaaD, try this www.homesgoa.com
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dec 17, 2006
I dont think buying a property if ur not an indian shud be a problem. Fayz am in pune right now, gimme some time and will get u the details.

Ineedacoolnick ur right punes coming up, the IT sector is one of the best in the country after bangalore and hyderabad, they are coming up with an industrial estate about 30 kms off pune which is being projected as mini detroit with all the major car manufacturers starting their projects there. An international airport coming up about 20 kms from pune and the industrial estate. now how do i know all this? coz i own a place right at the juction of all these projects and am looking to make good money out of it in the future.

to give u an idea i had bought this land at the rate of rs. 2.50 per sq. ft and today the same place costs rs. 600 per sq. ft. :) and is projected to grow at least 2 times over next 5 yrs.

But if ur looking for an urban lifestyle Mumbai and bangalore would be the obvious choices. Delhi is a strict no no when it comes to security issues.

So just hang in while i get the info, am travelling over the next couple of days so would take some time to get back :)

cheers,

J
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 17, 2006
MaaaD wrote:any cute indian girl wanna marry me and give me the indian passport ? EJ this is an offer forget about Guy A and Guy B.

Last I heard, India does not allow dual citizenship.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 17, 2006
gtmash wrote:
MaaaD wrote:any cute indian girl wanna marry me and give me the indian passport ? EJ this is an offer forget about Guy A and Guy B.

as far as i know the bill is under process, or has it already been processed ? not sure, but it will happen sooner or later
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 17, 2006
Jeevan wrote:Ineedacoolnick ur right punes coming up, the IT sector is one of the best in the country after bangalore and hyderabad, they are coming up with an industrial estate about 30 kms off pune which is being projected as mini detroit with all the major car manufacturers starting their projects there. An international airport coming up about 20 kms from pune and the industrial estate. now how do i know all this? coz i own a place right at the juction of all these projects and am looking to make good money out of it in the future.

hey Jeevan,

could you give me the details as well? Both me and my sis are looking to invest in Pune.

Appreciate it! :)
pixie 32
Dubai Forums Talker

Dec 17, 2006
Jeevan wrote:
gtmash wrote:

as far as i know the bill is under process, or has it already been processed ? not sure, but it will happen sooner or later

Its been passed. You can apply for it now, it takes about 3-4 months though. Other option is to get a Person of Indian origin card, that gives you same benfits of passport except that you cannot vote. I am likely going this route since its easier than managing two passports. PLus, you bypass the normal lines at the airport since you go in the Diplomats line. :D It does come more expensive though, $900 I believe.

Jeevan, I wouldnt mind getting your recommendations as I am looking to invest more in India this year, so kindly PM me with some info :)

Jag
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 18, 2006
Hi Jeevan, If u r talking about the airport that is coming up in Chakan.. that proposal has been cancelled.. u may want to confirm this.... the best bets in pune right now are wakad (which is near the HIngewadi IT park) and Vimannagar. How do i know this? I have lived in pune for 12 years!!!

I am also thinking of buying property there but the market is kinda overheated. According to me it shud take 18-24 months for the valuation to be rational. So i would suggest wait for some time before buying.

Some reputed builders in Pune are DSK, Rohan Builders, Rahul builders. Usually if the project is approved by HDFC it is legitimate. You can check out www.99acres.com for more details.
Eros
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 18, 2006
thanks for the info Eros. Was going to invest in a property at Kharghar and was just warned by a couple of people that the rates are highly inflated and are likely to either plateau or fall in the future so it's not the right time to invest...just like you said..so it just fortifies my decision to defer my investment to a later date...

Thanks once again! :D
pixie 32
Dubai Forums Talker

Dec 18, 2006
I agree with Eros. the property market IS over the top. people are asking any prices they can think of and some fools are even paying it!!. but prices have started stagnating over the last couple of months and there is a feeling they will drop - but ever so slightly.

btw this is pune im talking about... ive been following the property market closely since over 18 months and i may finally buy around jan/feb.

there are lots of properties available. new, old, un-used, etc. couple of classified sites are : www.magicbricks.com , www.punehotproperties.com , www.mrbrokeronline.com , www.indiaproperties.com
but your best bet would be to get hold of a good broker who would shortlist some properties as per your requirement. You HAVE to come down, take a look & negotiate before buying.
zaidinamdar
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 18, 2006
Thank you ALL for your comments, views and suggestions. :)
It's bad that more expats know about India than me, but anyways. ;)

Jeevan, hope to hear from you soon. Nice to know you're checking in from there! :)

Idea: if many of us want to invest / buy property, who would be interested in buying in the same project? I'm hoping/assuming we'd get better rates for bulk deals.
Neighbours with DF folk. Hmmm! :)
ineedacoolnick
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 18, 2006
ineedacoolnick wrote:Idea: if many of us want to invest / buy property, who would be interested in buying in the same project? I'm hoping/assuming we'd get better rates for bulk deals.
Neighbours with DF folk. Hmmm! :)

^^ Excellent idea!!
Eros
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 18, 2006
hi eros same here,

have completed my entire education in pune, have a few friends who are in the development arena in pune. Agree on the fact that DSK and paranjpe are the best deals.

the ideas good catch hold of a same developer and get a bulk discount from him. :) about the chakan airport according to me its still on after the major development coming up at ambi industrial estate with JCB and ford already there and many more major plyers coming in its a major need. lets keep fingers crossed.

Cheers,

J
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 18, 2006
If someone wants to invest then Guangzhou, China is one of the better places to invest. Growth is good and quite strong there. This year and next year should see good numbers there. If anyone needs help then shoot me a PM. I bought there and will continue to buy. The arket and economy are strong and sound there. Over 1.6 Billion people in China to support their growing economy and all have the desire to work and earn money. The Chinese are hard working peope. The Indian people are hard working people as well. The Chinese though are more greedy then the Inidan people for money. Indian people are more humble and down to earth. Guangzhou is close to Hong-Kong and prices in Hong-Kong are very high at the moment so people are buying up paces in Guangzhou. Guanzhou will be a better bet then Dubai for real-estate. They don't rely on tourists and non-locals to buy their units and properties which is a very good sign of a local economy. We can see already that in the local stock market in Dubai that foreigners don't invest money into it.
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 18, 2006
buy land pakistan. come with own warlord for security.
MAC
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 18, 2006
Stylinexpat wrote:If someone wants to invest then Guangzhou, China is one of the better places to invest. Growth is good and quite strong there. This year and next year should see good numbers there. If anyone needs help then shoot me a PM. I bought there and will continue to buy. The arket and economy are strong and sound there. Over 1.6 Billion people in China to support their growing economy and all have the desire to work and earn money. The Chinese are hard working peope. The Indian people are hard working people as well. The Chinese though are more greedy then the Inidan people for money. Indian people are more humble and down to earth. Guangzhou is close to Hong-Kong and prices in Hong-Kong are very high at the moment so people are buying up paces in Guangzhou. Guanzhou will be a better bet then Dubai for real-estate. They don't rely on tourists and non-locals to buy their units and properties which is a very good sign of a local economy. We can see already that in the local stock market in Dubai that foreigners don't invest money into it.

I thought China was even more strict on issues of foreign ownership than India.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 18, 2006
MaaaD wrote:
I thought China was even more strict on issues of foreign ownership than India.

Really? Damac have bought land somewhere in China and are going to be developing it. I'm sure they wouldn't have if it was only to cater to the local market!
ineedacoolnick
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around