Driving Lessons

Topic locked
Aug 17, 2006
Where is Dubai Driving Center located Jeevan? I hadn't heard of them until you mentioned them.

kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 17, 2006
kanelli wrote:Where is Dubai Driving Center located Jeevan? I hadn't heard of them until you mentioned them.

one of their centers is at port rashid near dry docks other one is in murur ( i hope thats right). i will find the number if anyone needs it.

cheers,

jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 17, 2006
kanelli wrote:I've started with Emirates Driving Institute. I'm still awaiting a female instructor to be assigned to me, but I should be hitting the roads soon. (Watch out!) There was a slight delay as I had to send my paperwork back. They had written my name and nationality incorrectly on my driver's permit. :D

p.s. Do I look Phillipino? :wink:

Uuuum nah but perhaps the fact you spoke Philipino confused them??

Ah just kidding so is it a race to see who gets their licence first ...
Cargirl
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 17, 2006
Cargirl wrote:
kanelli wrote:I've started with Emirates Driving Institute. I'm still awaiting a female instructor to be assigned to me, but I should be hitting the roads soon. (Watch out!) There was a slight delay as I had to send my paperwork back. They had written my name and nationality incorrectly on my driver's permit. :D

p.s. Do I look Phillipino? :wink:

Uuuum nah but perhaps the fact you spoke Philipino confused them??

Ah just kidding so is it a race to see who gets their licence first ...

between whom? :?: and better not race :) atleast not when trying for license :)

jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 17, 2006
kanelli wrote:Where is Dubai Driving Center located Jeevan? I hadn't heard of them until you mentioned them.

i just called them , it will cost 2000 dhms all ,and they will get me from work so i dont need to take any bus and i will do theTest in their school too ... so i think i will go for it with them
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 17, 2006
Dubai Driving Center or Emirates Driving Institute?

Cargirl, it was so funny how they spelled my name and put Phillipino for my nationality. My name and nationality were typed correctly on the accompanying document, and my pic was located right above it. I don't think I look remotely Phillipino either :lol: Somehow they still manage to get it wrong...
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 17, 2006
kanelli wrote:Dubai Driving Center or Emirates Driving Institute?

Cargirl, it was so funny how they spelled my name and put Phillipino for my nationality. My name and nationality were typed correctly on the accompanying document, and my pic was located right above it. I don't think I look remotely Phillipino either :lol: Somehow they still manage to get it wrong...

Dubai Driving Center
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 17, 2006
cool, good luck Corcs!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 17, 2006
kanelli wrote:cool, good luck Corcs!

yee same to u sweet heart :)
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 17, 2006
the_zooter wrote:
Concord wrote:
the_zooter wrote:Shame you can't come to a country where driving standards are perhaps considered to be much higher, learn to drive properly, pass your test in that country, then convert it to a UAE licence.

Good thing you did not say England!

I was keen to keep it more general - besides, what's wrong with the driving standards of us Brits??

Nothing except that you drive on the wrong side of the street!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 17, 2006
is it true? Corcs' and Kans' are lovers ???? :lol:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 17, 2006
zam wrote:is it true? Corcs' and Kans' are lovers ???? :lol:

grrrrrrrr :x
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 17, 2006
Concord wrote:
the_zooter wrote:I was keen to keep it more general - besides, what's wrong with the driving standards of us Brits??

Nothing except that you drive on the wrong side of the street!

But the steering wheel is on the "right" side of the car - therefore it must be right.

Where are the Aussies to stick up for me when I need it?!?!?
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

pvt. instructor Aug 17, 2006
i myself have just started driving lessons (manual) with a private instructor and it seems to be pretty good... anyway much better than the belhasa and emirates.... works out to be cheaper.... and if you have a good instructor as in my case you could hopefully come out by the second test. If you are interested in the details PM me.
this is my first post at dubaiforums
cheers...
stinger
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Aug 20, 2006
seems like all memebrs at DF are queing in for license. wafaey cleared his signals:). so i guess dubais gonna be one hell of a place to drive in after all get their license :)
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 20, 2006
everyone who gets a license shud learn to drive like this :lol: :lol:

http://www.dailymotion.com/cluster/extr ... -keufs-lol

jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 21, 2006
LMAO, That clip was classic.

Going back on track, having someone teach you privately is that actually allowed? I always wondered that, also if you wanted to teach someone how to drive, like one of your roommates, is that allowed? anyone know the rules about this?

I've seen a couple really nice looking private cars with the 'L' plate so I'm guessing that there must be a way to do this just not sure the rules.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Which is more easier? Driving License from AbuDhabi or Dubai Sep 03, 2007
Dear Friends,

I'm working as an Electrical Engineer, in Abu Dhabi.
I may get transfer to Dubai after 1 year.
The company is going to apply for my Employment Visa. Since they are having branches in Dubai & Abu Dhabi , they can get either Visa from both of these emirates. Also I can tell them, which visa to take.

I have heard that , Taking Driving License in Abu Dhabi is tougher compared to that of Dubai...Is it true ?

Which is more easier to take ? Driving License from Abu Dhabi or from Dubai ?

How many tests will be there in Abu Dhabi ? How long will it take to get a call to go for driving lessons , after opening the file ?

Please share your opinions with me..
muneerkm
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Products and Services in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Products and Services in Dubai