Driving Lessons

Topic locked
Driving Lessons Aug 17, 2006
after three years and half in dubai i finally decided to get a car , and since i ,ve never driven before i need driving lessons :? Now the problemo is i dont know where. i heard about Emirates and belhasa schools but i am getting different feed back about them... So anyone knows which is the best or knows a private Instructor ? Thanks for the help :wink:

Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 17, 2006
OMG - I've made so many complaints about those 2 schools! Whenever I see them on the road I dive for cover, what they teach the students is horrific.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 17, 2006
i know .. but then what am i supposed to do?
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 17, 2006
Personally I'd find a good private instructor. I often wonder how many of the school ones managed to pass their own tests.

Also I don't like the way the system works here, they fail so many people for no reason because there is a quota as to how many people they're allowed to pass each month.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 17, 2006
try grabbing the instructors leg instead of the handbrake by accident ... worked for one of my exs :lol: :lol:
ajb
Dubai chat master

Aug 17, 2006
Corcs,

Different people have different experiences with these schools, my cousins , one passed in second attempt for manual, while the other one( a girl) passed it at first go ( both from emirates).

I did it from a private school -
advantages - they charge u less, flexible timings as per your requirement, they come to pick u up and drop you off at your desired location.

drawbacks - If you fail your attempt it takes another 20 days before you can try again. i am not sure but i heard girls get their next attempt in 7 days.

I dunno about quotas but the person seems to fail people at random, i was failed for driving below the speed limit and 2nd time for not looking in rear view mirror on braking :shock: .

expect to take 30 lessons before you can take the actual test.

cheers,

Jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 17, 2006
Jeevan wrote:Corcs,

Different people have different experiences with these schools, my cousins , one passed in second attempt for manual, while the other one( a girl) passed it at first go ( both from emirates).

I did it from a private school -
advantages - they charge u less, flexible timings as per your requirement, they come to pick u up and drop you off at your desired location.

drawbacks - If you fail your attempt it takes another 20 days before you can try again. i am not sure but i heard girls get their next attempt in 7 days.

I dunno about quotas but the person seems to fail people at random, i was failed for driving below the speed limit and 2nd time for not looking in rear view mirror on braking :shock: .

expect to take 30 lessons before you can take the actual test.

cheers,

Jerry

thanks dear is there any instructor u recommend ? or have his details?
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 17, 2006
They definately have quotas. Only so many people are allowed to pass every month. People can end up taking 5 or 6 tests before passing.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 17, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:They definately have quotas. Only so many people are allowed to pass every month. People can end up taking 5 or 6 tests before passing.

Thats true people there was a person with me who was giving his 7 th attempt :shock:

corcs, i have his details but are you looking for a lady instructor or a male?

if you dont get anyone i would give his contact to you:)

jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 17, 2006
Jeevan wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:They definately have quotas. Only so many people are allowed to pass every month. People can end up taking 5 or 6 tests before passing.

Thats true people there was a person with me who was giving his 7 th attempt :shock:

corcs, i have his details but are you looking for a lady instructor or a male?

if you dont get anyone i would give his contact to you:)

jerry

dont care really if male or female i just want a good instructor ..pm his details please ... thank u :)
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 17, 2006
ajb wrote:try grabbing the instructors leg instead of the handbrake by accident ... worked for one of my exs :lol: :lol:

:shock: grab his leg?? oh man, that might turn him on or cause an accident :lol:

i still wonder how i passed the driving test after the parking manoeuvre that looked more like a boy's show of to girls than the nice decent parking getting u the driving license. :lol:
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 17, 2006
raidah wrote:
ajb wrote:try grabbing the instructors leg instead of the handbrake by accident ... worked for one of my exs :lol: :lol:

:shock: grab his leg?? oh man, that might turn him on or cause an accident :lol:

It certainly might if Corcs is the girl in question!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 17, 2006
Shame you can't come to a country where driving standards are perhaps considered to be much higher, learn to drive properly, pass your test in that country, then convert it to a UAE licence.
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 17, 2006
the_zooter wrote:Shame you can't come to a country where driving standards are perhaps considered to be much higher, learn to drive properly, pass your test in that country, then convert it to a UAE licence.

was this addressed to me? cos if it was, trust me, if u can learn to drive here, u can drive everywhere in the world :lol: .
the thing is i would not wanna drive in the UAE. before taking the 1st lessons i was like, im either gonna be scared to death or drive like a mad man. it turned out to be the second one. like speed too much, u would not wanna see me on the roads :lol:
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 17, 2006
the_zooter wrote:
raidah wrote:

It certainly might if Corcs is the girl in question!

:oops: :oops: :oops: Zoots
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 17, 2006
I've started with Emirates Driving Institute. I'm still awaiting a female instructor to be assigned to me, but I should be hitting the roads soon. (Watch out!) There was a slight delay as I had to send my paperwork back. They had written my name and nationality incorrectly on my driver's permit. :D

p.s. Do I look Phillipino? :wink:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 17, 2006
kanelli wrote:I

Post ur pic baby and i will provide u wit a perk - HOT or NOT
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 17, 2006
kanelli wrote:I've started with Emirates Driving Institute. I'm still awaiting a female instructor to be assigned to me, but I should be hitting the roads soon. (Watch out!) There was a slight delay as I had to send my paperwork back. They had written my name and nationality incorrectly on my driver's permit. :D

can u please tell me the details
? how much it costs ? do they come and pick u up from ur house?
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 17, 2006
sniper420 wrote:
kanelli wrote:I

Post ur pic baby and i will provide u wit a perk - HOT or NOT

she is Hot ,and u behave urself :twisted:
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 17, 2006
Hi Corcs,

I am starting from scratch so am paying about 2000 AED, but you have already had a license so it will cost you less. You can find more info out here on their site and you can call them up. Al Quoz is probably the nearest branch to you. http://www.edi-uae.com/
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 17, 2006
the_zooter wrote:Shame you can't come to a country where driving standards are perhaps considered to be much higher, learn to drive properly, pass your test in that country, then convert it to a UAE licence.

Good thing you did not say England!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 17, 2006
kanelli wrote:Hi Corcs,

I am starting from scratch so am paying about 2000 AED, but you have already had a license so it will cost you less. You can find more info out here on their site and you can call them up. Al Quoz is probably the nearest branch to you. http://www.edi-uae.com/

i am starting from scatch too.... bt i asked belhassa and it will cost 2310 dms :?
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 17, 2006
Can't a private person just teach you (friend, relative, etc.) and you simply take the test! and give the saving to DK.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 17, 2006
Emirates has police testers, so if you fail your first test you can redo it within a week usually. At other schools you might have to wait up to 4 weeks or so to get another police tester to redo the test. That is the advantage of Emirates over some of the other schools. Does Belhasa also have police testers on staff?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 17, 2006
Concord wrote:

Good thing you did not say England!

I was keen to keep it more general - besides, what's wrong with the driving standards of us Brits??
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 17, 2006
Corcovado wrote:
the_zooter wrote:It certainly might if Corcs is the girl in question!

:oops: :oops: :oops: Zoots

Just saying what others were thinking!!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 17, 2006
kanelli wrote:Emirates has police testers, so if you fail your first test you can redo it within a week usually. At other schools you might have to wait up to 4 weeks or so to get another police tester to redo the test. That is the advantage of Emirates over some of the other schools. Does Belhasa also have police testers on staff?

Dubai Driving center has them for sure, u get ur next test attempt in a weeks time.

corc, u dont want this guys number, hes known to get a bit smart wth gilrs:)( while driving he used to tell me his escapades :lol: ).

jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 17, 2006
Jeevan wrote:
kanelli wrote:Emirates has police testers, so if you fail your first test you can redo it within a week usually. At other schools you might have to wait up to 4 weeks or so to get another police tester to redo the test. That is the advantage of Emirates over some of the other schools. Does Belhasa also have police testers on staff?

Dubai Driving center has them for sure, u get ur next test attempt in a weeks time.

corc, u dont want this guys number, hes known to get a bit smart wth gilrs:)( while driving he used to tell me his escapades :lol: ).

jerry

ooh no, i d prefer to learn alone then :) men 8)
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 17, 2006
At Emirates Driving Institute I am not allowed to have a male instructor. Might be better that way because I will likely be a better driver - you know - being female and all. :wink:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 17, 2006
somehow dubai driving center has a good feedback ratio, three of my colleagues got their license from there and couple of them in first attempt :).

till one gets the license everyone has to follow the rules to the T after that i have not seen anyone follow them :) even i bend them once in a while, but follow them strictly when i see a cop at the signal lol.

jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Products and Services in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Products and Services in Dubai