Rain Dance

Topic locked
Rain Dance Sep 10, 2006
Has any one been to rain dance before..? what is it? where does it take place...? I heard its a big even in here.

St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Sep 10, 2006
Never heard of it, please let me know what it is, always interested in new things :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 10, 2006
i haven't heard of a dance, but i have heard of a kind of "co-ordinated" prayer for rain though - done at the friday sermon
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Sep 10, 2006
I have also heard and witnessed prayers for rain, that I believe is something completely different, or maybe not.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 11, 2006
It happened last yr in sept at Le meridian Mina seyahi hotel.
Tickets are around dhs 150 (approx) Its a concert with famous asian djs n artists performing & yeh they have artificial rain pouring down, pretty massive!

Last year, performers where Juggy d, Raghav, Dr Zeus, DJ Benson
etc.

from last year
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 11, 2006
mmm artificial rain........would be fun with wet gals around.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 11, 2006
Well, well, you live an learn :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 11, 2006
I think originally it's what american natives do to attract rain? Try doing that here for the same purpose. heh heh. :?
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Re: Rain Dance Sep 11, 2006
St.Lucifer wrote:Has any one been to rain dance before..? what is it? where does it take place...? I heard its a big even in here.

It happens here in Dubai and is widely attended by the Indian community. Last one was very crowded and was not wet but damp.
girl_glen
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 11, 2006
i remember doing something like this along time ago, it fun
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 11, 2006
A rain dance is a ceremonial dance that is performed in order to invoke rain and to ensure the protection of the harvest.

Rain dances can be found in many cultures, from Ancient Egypt to certain Native American tribes. they could still be found in the 20th century Balkans, in a ritual known as Paparuda (Romanian) or Perperuna (Slavic). The traditional Native American Cherokee tribe performed rain dances to both induce precipitation from clouds as well as cleanse evil spirits [1]. Cherokee legend says that the summoned rain contains the spirits of dead Chiefs who upon awakening from the clouds battle evil spirits in the transitional plane between our reality and the spirit world [2]. It was also believed that particularly elaborate and ornamental rain dances could inspire the participants as well as audience to partake in unusual acts of spiritual worship
jim27753
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 11, 2006
jim27753 wrote:A rain dance is a ceremonial dance that is performed in order to invoke rain and to ensure the protection of the harvest.

Rain dances can be found in many cultures, from Ancient Egypt to certain Native American tribes. they could still be found in the 20th century Balkans, in a ritual known as Paparuda (Romanian) or Perperuna (Slavic). The traditional Native American Cherokee tribe performed rain dances to both induce precipitation from clouds as well as cleanse evil spirits [1]. Cherokee legend says that the summoned rain contains the spirits of dead Chiefs who upon awakening from the clouds battle evil spirits in the transitional plane between our reality and the spirit world [2]. It was also believed that particularly elaborate and ornamental rain dances could inspire the participants as well as audience to partake in unusual acts of spiritual worship

oh you mean that rain dance....ok
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 11, 2006
So in fact the Rain Dance is in fact a funky disco evening and not the real thing that Jim has detailed.
Basically just another wet T-shirt contest
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 11, 2006
hot, damp, funky... makes for a great bacteria habitat. :twisted:
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Sep 11, 2006
pinoy1 wrote:hot, damp, funky... makes for a great bacteria habitat. :twisted:

No Pain No Gain
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 11, 2006
pinoy1 wrote:hot, damp, funky... makes for a great bacteria habitat. :twisted:

That sounds downright disgusting
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Rain Dance Sep 11, 2006
St.Lucifer wrote:Has any one been to rain dance before..? what is it? where does it take place...? I heard its a big even in here.

yeah i have been to one of those, foam dance is even better!

if u go leave ur wallet and mobile in the car i had to dry and iron my money the next day.
xibit
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 11, 2006
Rain Dance in Dubai originally started at The Lodge...the first year event was a great success and has been repeated annually since.

The basic premise is a massive dancefloor which is continually washed by a giant sprinkler system. The light and sound system tends to be awesome and the DJ's well known in Europe. The rain makes the dancefloor very slick and the local breakdancers take the opportunity to spin about a bit!

Its very good, if you like getting wet!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 11, 2006
interesting.. i think i'm gonna go..thanks a lot for the info..
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Sep 11, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:Rain Dance in Dubai originally started at The Lodge...the first year event was a great success and has been repeated annually since.

The basic premise is a massive dancefloor which is continually washed by a giant sprinkler system. The light and sound system tends to be awesome and the DJ's well known in Europe. The rain makes the dancefloor very slick and the local breakdancers take the opportunity to spin about a bit!

8) 8) 8)

Knight

me no likey :? i just hate to get wet ,and water games and sea ....i go to the beach lie under the sun then go home...Me no likey water :roll:
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 11, 2006

me no likey :? i just hate to get wet ,and water games and sea ....i go to the beach lie under the sun then go home...Me no likey water :roll:

Same here Corcs...picnic on the beach..sun bathing...thats just it..I dont enjoy the swim.

But swimming pool is a different topic...once Im in, cant go out!

Maybe it has something to do with the water and the sand.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 16, 2006
How many of u were at the rain dance this time..??
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Sep 16, 2006
There was a raindance on Thursday night. Friends went, not sure where it was.
The one or two times I had gone years ago, some girls I was with complained about how guys tried to touch them, feel them, pinch them etc.

Quite a few fights happen too, but yeah overall, it can be lotsa fun!
ineedacoolnick
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 16, 2006
Corcovado wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:Rain Dance in Dubai originally started at The Lodge...the first year event was a great success and has been repeated annually since.

8) 8) 8)

Knight

not into "water-sports" then Corcs :wink: :wink: :wink:

:P :P :P :P :P

arniegang

Sep 16, 2006
I'd been for the rain dance.. it was just an ordinary event for the music/ troops/sound equipment quality .. but crowded n as coolnick said lot of lurkers n drunk bastards were there.. was fun to b under the showers till 3 am but it turned out to b a fight club later on. could see atleast some 7- 8 fights.nothing to do with girls though.. ..there were guys who were fighting at one side lot of them bleedin from mouth n nose n on the other side there was a huge crowd enjoying the drizzle n dancing to the tunes. but over all it was fun coz i was with some of my friends.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Sep 16, 2006
:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
my habiby
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 16, 2006
Rain dance actually works, scientifically. If you have low clouds the sound waves from the noise ("dance") can in fact precipitate rain. Thus you can dance till the cows come home (and then some) and you would never get rain in some places - Dubai for example.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

hi Sep 20, 2006
i wish to invite the ladies in this chat post to see my paintings , if they like art.
contact
siddhartha_kanjilal@lycos.com
alex_fun
Dubai Forum User

Re: hi Sep 21, 2006
alex_fun wrote:i wish to invite the ladies in this chat post to see my paintings , if they like art.
contact
siddhartha_kanjilal@lycos.com

Aaargh! Who is this twat with the paintings spam?

No I don't want to see your paintings as they are the daubings of an artistic illiterate who has all the creative ability and imagination of a trailer park! Take your peurile posts and stick them where only your gay boyfriend will find them!

Arse!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 21, 2006
St.Lucifer wrote:I'd been for the rain dance.. it was just an ordinary event for the music/ troops/sound equipment quality .. but crowded n as coolnick said lot of lurkers n drunk bastards were there.. was fun to b under the showers till 3 am but it turned out to b a fight club later on. could see atleast some 7- 8 fights.nothing to do with girls though.. ..there were guys who were fighting at one side lot of them bleedin from mouth n nose n on the other side there was a huge crowd enjoying the drizzle n dancing to the tunes. but over all it was fun coz i was with some of my friends.

He Lucif,

Are you serious man, Dubai has really sunk down to that level in the Clubs / events?. I was reall surpised to read your write up of the Rain Dance. I tell you people have to start thinking what they are doing over here, as when the authorities clamp down it will hit us all!!!
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat