All This Rain........

Topic locked
All this rain........ Dec 02, 2006
Kind of reminds me of home :)

jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Dec 02, 2006
I called my mommy yesterday and it was -39 C at my home, I'm very happy that Dubai is nothing like home :lol: :lol: :lol:
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Dec 02, 2006
The rain in Dubai falls mainly from the sky :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 02, 2006
Drive safe people!
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dec 02, 2006
It's flooding here and reminds me of home. :D
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 02, 2006
Is it cold? Can not anyone picture the rain from the window or something?
Burken
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 02, 2006
mashallah mashallah..keep raining...we love it... :blob2:
mema
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 02, 2006
...yeah...

...just staying the whole day at home...listening to good music..
cooking...eating..eating...and eating..and singing...karaoke time... :lol:
isabela
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 02, 2006
Heard a DJ on the radio tonight.

"Don't go to Sharjah, whether you live there or not".

Must be bad :cry:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 02, 2006
well , i am a RAK now and it is kinda bad , but at least i can still drive my car.... somehow :P
Protoss
Dubai Forum User

Dec 02, 2006
sage & onion wrote:Heard a DJ on the radio tonight.

flood ..or what??
hope we can get the details...
my bosses stays there...
isabela
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 02, 2006
isabela wrote:

flood ..or what??
my bosses stays there...

It does typically flood in Sharjah when it rains, due to the absense of storm drainage.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 02, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
isabela wrote:

flood ..or what??
my bosses stays there...

It does typically flood in Sharjah when it rains, due to the absense of storm drainage.

just want to know..if it is really bad..so that i would have an idea if he can come to work tom or not?
isabela
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 02, 2006
sage & onion wrote:"Don't go to Sharjah, whether you live there or not".

I think that's sound advice regardless of the weather.

I was in Deira City Centre the other day, and this national guy dropped his wallet. I noticed this and rushed over and picked it up, he hadn't realised he lost it.

He said "thank you my friend, and for your honesty I will repay you with some sound advice.... whatever you do, don't go to Sharjah!"

I said "why, is something bad going to happen? Terrorist attack? Catastrophe? Something??!?!"

And he said "No, it's a shithole."
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dec 02, 2006
^ian^ wrote:

I was in Deira City Centre the other day, and this national guy dropped his wallet. I noticed this and rushed over and picked it up, he hadn't realised he lost it.

He said "thank you my friend, and for your honesty I will repay you with some sound advice.... whatever you do, don't go to Sharjah!"

I said "why, is something bad going to happen? Terrorist attack? Catastrophe? Something??!?!"

Now ain't that the truth :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 02, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

True. The reason? Cuz of all the shitheads from Dubai coming and clogging it up :D Really wish all the Dubai plates would stay in Dubai!

Still I love the new corniche area since I dont go into the belly of Sharjah!
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 02, 2006
jag wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

True. The reason? Cuz of all the shitheads from Dubai coming and clogging it up :D Really wish all the Dubai plates would stay in Dubai!

Hopefully you also work in Sharjah Jag.

And hey, why are you here in the "Dubai Forum", why don't you participate in your Sharjah Forum :evil:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 02, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
jag wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

Hopefully you also work in Sharjah Jag.

And hey, why are you here in the "Dubai Forum", why don't you participate in your Sharjah Forum :evil:

my my touchy are we??? well since i have an office in sharjah and dubai, i think i can take part in "dubai" forums. What you think??
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 02, 2006
jag wrote:True. The reason? Cuz of all the shitheads from Dubai coming and clogging it up :D Really wish all the Dubai plates would stay in Dubai!

Funny, because I really do wish all the Sharjah plates would stay in Sharjah, because they're the most dangerous drivers on Dubai roads!
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dec 02, 2006
sharjah was totally flooded today...but dubai wasnt..speaks a lot about the drainage system in Sharjah..
pixie 32
Dubai Forums Talker

Dec 02, 2006
pixie 32 wrote:sharjah was totally flooded today...but dubai wasnt..speaks a lot about the drainage system in Sharjah..

Really? Thats not what all my mates in Bur Dubai and Deira said. Maybe not where you live.
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 02, 2006
jag wrote:
pixie 32 wrote:sharjah was totally flooded today...but dubai wasnt..speaks a lot about the drainage system in Sharjah..

Really? Thats not what all my mates in Bur Dubai and Deira said. Maybe not where you live.

Sharjah is flooding mate. Abu Shagara near mega mall, all cars are swimming. :lol:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 02, 2006
^ian^ wrote:
jag wrote:True. The reason? Cuz of all the shitheads from Dubai coming and clogging it up :D Really wish all the Dubai plates would stay in Dubai!

Funny, because I really do wish all the Sharjah plates would stay in Sharjah, because they're the most dangerous drivers on Dubai roads!

Youve got to be joking. The majority of crack drivers have Dubai plates and Abu Dhabi as well... There arent that many Shj plates out in any case.. maybe all the Dubai plates should be forced to be in Dubai. then youd have a right fun time with the gridlocked traffic huh?
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 03, 2006
asc_26 wrote:
jag wrote:

Sharjah is flooding mate. Abu Shagara near mega mall, all cars are swimming. :lol:

Hehe, thats not what I meant. Shj was flooding, no doubt! I meant that Deira, Bur Dubai and a few other areas were flooded too..

Anyway, not here to start a flame, just got a bit annoyed by some silly peoples' constant bickering of shj :)
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 03, 2006
jag wrote:
asc_26 wrote:
jag wrote:

Hehe, thats not what I meant. Shj was flooding, no doubt! I meant that Deira, Bur Dubai and a few other areas were flooded too..

Anyway, not here to start a flame, just got a bit annoyed by some silly peoples' constant bickering of shj :)

cos without sharjah, how can i go to work? :(
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 03, 2006
fayz wrote:I called my mommy yesterday and it was -39 C at my home, I'm very happy that Dubai is nothing like home :lol: :lol: :lol:

:shock: Fayz I am so curious to know where did u come from?Is ur home in Syberia?
bonitta
Dubai chat master

Dec 03, 2006
bonitta wrote:
fayz wrote:I called my mommy yesterday and it was -39 C at my home, I'm very happy that Dubai is nothing like home :lol: :lol: :lol:

:shock: Fayz I am so curious to know where did u come from?Is ur home in Syberia?

:D well, maybe Canada! Worst I experienced there was -37 with the wind chill.. brrrrr
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 03, 2006
jag wrote:Hehe, thats not what I meant. Shj was flooding, no doubt! I meant that Deira, Bur Dubai and a few other areas were flooded too..

yep yep outside city center

easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dec 03, 2006
WOW :shock: is it still raining there?
bonitta
Dubai chat master

Dec 03, 2006
I still think you guys are lucky. You only have like 5 days of rain a year anyway so make the most of it! We on the other hand are a little sick of the rain cos we get about 3 months of it a year not to mention how cold it gets...thats why Im coming over for Xmas & Eid...hehehehe

Can't wait!

Those pics of the flooding do a look a little scary, I didn't think it would be that bad. Maybe you need the 'Dubai Barrier Reef'? hehehehe
dubailover
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat