Any NFL (American Football) Fans Here In Dubai?

Topic locked
Any NFL (American Football) fans here in Dubai? Aug 30, 2006
If so who do you root for? Bengals fan here.

NativeTheory
Dubai Forum User

Aug 30, 2006
Love American Football, all teams!!! My favorite team would have to be Indianapolis, second favorite team is Pitsburgh................

Also love college football. Miss the football the most with the chanel selections here - Orbit and Showtime. Need SA TV!!!
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 30, 2006
dubai girl wrote:Love American Football, all teams!!! My favorite team would have to be Indianapolis, second favorite team is Pitsburgh................

Also love college football. Miss the football the most with the chanel selections here - Orbit and Showtime. Need SA TV!!!

Ooh wasn't expecting to find someone so fast and a girl nonetheless... how cool. Although I can't say that I am happy to hear you are a Steelers fan... they are the Bengals' biggest rival. I follow college football as well.... I am an Ohio State Buckeyes fan. I guess I need to get used to watching NFL and college football games at night now.

What is SA TV? I actually have a slingbox which transmits my satellite Tv from the states to my computer so I can watch all NFL and college footbal games.
NativeTheory
Dubai Forum User

Aug 30, 2006
The CFL is better :P :P :P
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Re: Any NFL (American Football) fans here in Dubai? Aug 30, 2006
NativeTheory wrote:If so who do you root for? Bengals fan here.

You mean there is such a thing since boomer and ickey woods :shock:
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Any NFL (American Football) fans here in Dubai? Aug 30, 2006
Concord wrote:
NativeTheory wrote:If so who do you root for? Bengals fan here.

You mean there is such a thing since boomer and ickey woods :shock:

Yes its good to be a Bengals fan these days. I went through the losingt years but now with Carson Palmer and Chad Johnson things are looking bright.

Superbowl here we come!
NativeTheory
Dubai Forum User

Aug 30, 2006
I'm a Jets fan which typically means by mid october its anything but football!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 30, 2006
STEELERS all the way......
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 30, 2006
OOH, LOVE THE JETS TOO!!!

Need to check into the slingbox, and need to have access to more football. Last year was totally depressing here knowing all of the games we were missing.....even superbowl. Showtime had advertisements regarding SuperBowl, and did not show.....................real bummer.

SA is South African TV. Kind of illegal.................
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 30, 2006
how do I get slingbox??? need to know
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 31, 2006
www.slingmedia.com

It is actually something that you can connect to a receiver and watch whatever it shows anywhere in the world. So you would need to get a sling box and have someone back in the states connect it to their satellite box and then you could watch it over here. Check out the website for more information.
NativeTheory
Dubai Forum User

Aug 31, 2006
Oh my, GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will get right on this one, quickly and have someone install in our home in states so that we can watch football and everything else we are accustomed to watching. Sounds too good to be true..............................thanks for the advise, and will PM you if we have questions.....Mucho Gracious
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 31, 2006
Yes the sling box is the world's latest greatest invention. Not sure I could have moved here without it. I can watch my TV from the states all the way here in Dubai and even set my TIVO to record things since the time difference affects when I would want to watch things. Feel free to contact me anytime.
NativeTheory
Dubai Forum User

Aug 31, 2006
NativeTheory wrote:www.slingmedia.com

That is amazing, I can hook this up to my phone, i'm going to have to try this out on the weekend.

Thank you for sharing this.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Aug 31, 2006
WOLVERINE FOR LIFE .. GO BLUE !!!!

NativeTheory :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Yo man wouldn't mind watching some games with you especially the OSU vs Michigan game !!! ;) would be nice to be close to a buckeye while we destroy them !!
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 31, 2006
MaaaD wrote:WOLVERINE FOR LIFE .. GO BLUE !!!!

Yo man wouldn't mind watching some games with you especially the OSU vs Michigan game !!! ;) would be nice to be close to a buckeye while we destroy them !!

ha we have had your number the last few years... number 1 team in the nation!
NativeTheory
Dubai Forum User

Sep 01, 2006
I'm more into NCAA football... SEC to be precise :) UGA Bulldogs is my team in college football, and it's the Atlanta Falcons in the NFL. Also like the Titans.
sgt_noodles
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 17, 2006
NativeTheory wrote:
MaaaD wrote:WOLVERINE FOR LIFE .. GO BLUE !!!!

ha we have had your number the last few years... number 1 team in the nation!

NativeTheory did you see how we DESTROYED the fighting irish last night ? Well the Buckeyes are next ;)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat