American Football Fans

Topic locked
American Football Fans Aug 19, 2008
Are there any American Football Fans in Dubai?

More specifically....Are there any New Orleans Saints Fans in Dubai??

Pike
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 20, 2008
Er I wouldn't have thought so. Besides what kind of game is that anyway?!It's rugby for wimps with all that padding and helmets and what not. A team of Rubgy players would kick their bums in no time.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 20, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Er I wouldn't have thought so. Besides what kind of game is that anyway?!It's rugby for wimps with all that padding and helmets and what not. A team of Rubgy players would kick their bums in no time.

I guess you haven't watch much. I played both rugby and American Football. There is nothing wimpy abiut either one.

In any event, tackles that are illegal in Rugby are legal in Am. Football. There was a study conducted by an university that analyze the physicality of both sports. Although Am. Football deliver a harder hit over a course of a game, both sports were about even.
Pike
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 21, 2008
A Dallas Cowboys fan here.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 21, 2008
K-Dog wrote:A Dallas Cowboys fan here.

skins fan here, and so sad to see dallas fans have traveled to this part of the world. haha jk.

waking up to watch live NFL is rough here, but slingbox is great for that
nuzbim
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 21, 2008
Do they show it live? On what channel?
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 24, 2008
K-Dog wrote:Do they show it live? On what channel?

i set up a sling box in the states before i left, so i can tune into it and watch live tv in the states, so the nite games require waking up at 4:30 am to watch live.

they used to have Espn here which showed the monday night game live and repeats of 3-5 games during the week. but since i've moved here espn has been cancelled. i'm not sure if any of the local carriers show the nfl now.
nuzbim
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 26, 2008
Showsports, which is part of the Showtime cable company has been advertising that Am football is coming soon! I am guessing they will show something on the order of what ESPN used to run which was a few games a week.

There are supposedly ways to get illegal cable and blah blah blah that would let you watch whatever you want but I do not know all the information. I would be really happy to just get a nascar race from time to time which also went away with ESPN.

Anyway, have fun watching Rugby which is like 3 guys trying to shove 2 guys up another guy's *ss! I have been here over a year now and still can't watch rugby or cricket for more than five minutes.
billystyle
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 26, 2008
billystyle wrote:Showsports, which is part of the Showtime cable company has been advertising that Am football is coming soon! I am guessing they will show something on the order of what ESPN used to run which was a few games a week.

There are supposedly ways to get illegal cable and blah blah blah that would let you watch whatever you want but I do not know all the information. I would be really happy to just get a nascar race from time to time which also went away with ESPN.

Anyway, have fun watching Rugby which is like 3 guys trying to shove 2 guys up another guy's *ss! I have been here over a year now and still can't watch rugby or cricket for more than five minutes.

Wow, I haven't heard until now that ESPN was not available. I believe I read one of the providers carried the network. I am not so sure it is such a bad thing, however it isn't all that great anyway. LOL

Another oprion is Game Pass (nfl.com) if you live outside of N. America you can watch the game via the computer. You will need a broadband connection.

On to Rugby.... I love rugby....learned how to play at 35.... once you learn the rules it will make more sense to you...especially the strategy. Cricket is still confusing to me.....ugh!
Pike
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 30, 2008
Yeah im an Oakland Raiders fan and saw their preseason game vs. the Titans , but I forgot what channel it was, stupid me.... but I'm pretty sure they are going to have it cuz I'm not going to miss this season with JeMarcus Russel taking us to the Super Bowl
nickamin
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 30, 2008
ESPN is available on some of the satellite carriers, but you have to pay extra subscriptions for it.

You can watch ESPN through the net as well.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

American Football Sep 01, 2008
Well i might miss seeing some games.. but i will REALLY miss watching them at home with friends and some nice cold beers !!!!!!!! I am going to a couple of games before heading to Dubai.. I will enjoy them for you guys :)
Melanie
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 14, 2009
Hey everyone...Its nice to see people interested in american football here in the UAE. Just wanna know, are there any teams playing(college, pro or unofficial)? I used to play in my college team back in Turkiye, but then I graduated and started working here in the UAE. I really wish I could continue football here too.Anyone know anything about this?
onurtaco
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Apr 21, 2009
Well, i've been looking around on the internet but i haven't come across anything :( .. I reckon a team should get started, lots of people in dubai would get involved including myself! unofficial game ofc.. just for some friday night fun..
Sam12341
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 21, 2009
onurtaco wrote:Hey everyone...Its nice to see people interested in american football here in the UAE. Just wanna know, are there any teams playing(college, pro or unofficial)? I used to play in my college team back in Turkiye, but then I graduated and started working here in the UAE. I really wish I could continue football here too.Anyone know anything about this?

Nopes no Football here, just soccer, rugby, cricket and racing.......
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 21, 2009
I've found a team that plays tag.. if your interested look up duplays in google they'll tell you a bit more about it :)
Sam12341
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 21, 2009
Check out Duplays.com
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 22, 2009
SAN DIEGO CHARGERS WHOOOOOOOOOOOWHOWOWOW
KINGLOKI
Dubai Forum Visitor

Apr 22, 2009
I actually thought American football was an awesome game when I was younger, specially after watching all the American shows and movies and how they glamourised the game, that was until I actually saw a few complete games and not just cinemactic versions of it.

I absolutely hated it. It was soooo boring. They play for 5 secs then break then walk around the feild drink water, fart around for the next ten minutes then again they all huddle up and then play for another 10 seconds and they go through the the routine again. Just when you think its going to get intresting it stops !

In a telecast that lasts for around 3 hours there might be actuall 2 minutes worth of play in it...YAWN !!!! ....booooooooorrrrriiiiiiiiig !
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Feb 15, 2010
desertdudeshj wrote:I actually thought American football was an awesome game when I was younger, specially after watching all the American shows and movies and how they glamourised the game, that was until I actually saw a few complete games and not just cinemactic versions of it.

I absolutely hated it. It was soooo boring. They play for 5 secs then break then walk around the feild drink water, fart around for the next ten minutes then again they all huddle up and then play for another 10 seconds and they go through the the routine again. Just when you think its going to get intresting it stops !

In a telecast that lasts for around 3 hours there might be actuall 2 minutes worth of play in it...YAWN !!!! ....booooooooorrrrriiiiiiiiig !

LMAO since when is any cinematic version of any sport close to real life.

Not all sport is for everyone. I went to my firs cricket match this year. Someone asked me what I though about it, I said they need to find a way to speed it up. He recommended I watch 20-20. I laughed,... It was 20-20! So, I know exactly what you are talking about. If you grow up watching something you see it completely different than people on the outside. Baseball isn't boring to me, but I can see how it can be for a lot of people. The same holds true for Rugby, Am football, Football (soccer), etc,... After all, rugby looks like a bunch of pigs rolling around in the mud,... but I do like to watch rugby. It doesn't look that way to me.

WHO DAT!!!
WHO DAT SAY DEY GONNA BEAT DEM SAINTS!!!
Pike
Dubai Forums Member

Re: American Football Fans Feb 15, 2010
That was fast considering it took only almost a year to reply ! I'll wait next year around this time for a reply.
desertdudeshj

american football or rugby are actually G A Y sport for G A Y people.

Why is that NFL players should wear TIGHT shorts and BLOODY bend over in front of their team mates (bloody talk about batty boys :D) and then you wonder why the women love NFL so much. YUCK

As for rugby, I dont see whats so fascinating about 22 guys running around the pitch, socked wet ;) and literally chasing a guy NOT the ball but a guy :s YES A GUY and then you wonder why so many women watch rugby so much. And damn I cant watch the scenes when they fall on top of the next guy for no reason. They see some guy on the floor, and they will go hey lets go fall on him and have a good rub in the wet mud and lets get all dirty while we at it ;)

And when they all fall over, you will see some guys sticking his head out behind some other guys a s s. its like a big time orgy seriously bloody gay orgy.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Still beats the heck out of the G@yest sport know to man kind ....................Cricket !
desertdudeshj

rudeboy wrote:american football or rugby are actually G A Y sport for G A Y people.

Why is that NFL players should wear TIGHT shorts and BLOODY bend over in front of their team mates (bloody talk about batty boys :D) and then you wonder why the women love NFL so much. YUCK

As for rugby, I dont see whats so fascinating about 22 guys running around the pitch, socked wet ;) and literally chasing a guy NOT the ball but a guy :s YES A GUY and then you wonder why so many women watch rugby so much. And damn I cant watch the scenes when they fall on top of the next guy for no reason. They see some guy on the floor, and they will go hey lets go fall on him and have a good rub in the wet mud and lets get all dirty while we at it ;)

And when they all fall over, you will see some guys sticking his head out behind some other guys a s s. its like a big time orgy seriously bloody gay orgy.

Thanks for this homophobic diatribe. :roll:
Pike
Dubai Forums Member

desertdudeshj wrote:That was fast considering it took only almost a year to reply ! I'll wait next year around this time for a reply.

Well, in April a year ago, it probably wasn't noteworthy post. I only responded because I had relevant anecdote. To be honest, Its been over a year since I posted anything on this forum. It was only through happenstance I even had an opportunity to respond.
Pike
Dubai Forums Member

Pike wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:That was fast considering it took only almost a year to reply ! I'll wait next year around this time for a reply.

Well, in April a year ago, it probably wasn't noteworthy post. I only responded because I had relevant anecdote. To be honest, Its been over a year since I posted anything on this forum. It was only through happenstance I even had an opportunity to respond.

sorry but whats with the anecdote and the happenstance :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

rudeboy wrote:
Pike wrote:

sorry but whats with the anecdote and the happenstance :D

Anecdote: Cricket Match story
Happenstance: Looking for information about adult American football leagues- a link led me here again!
Pike
Dubai Forums Member

I dont think you will find happenstance here. So what I suggest is you make your own happening football league. Thats what everyone does seriously. They all try to find a good cricket, football or tennis team but eventually they end up on a forum, try to find 11 guys and have fun on a football field , in the wet grass ;)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: American Football Fans Feb 16, 2010
rudeboy wrote:I dont think you will find happenstance here. So what I suggest is you make your own happening football league. Thats what everyone does seriously. They all try to find a good cricket, football or tennis team but eventually they end up on a forum, try to find 11 guys and have fun on a football field , in the wet grass ;)

Gotta love British humor,... side hurting laughter or epic fail with nothing in between.
Pike
Dubai Forums Member

Re: American Football Fans May 29, 2011
Chocs is so very, very stupid.
smokedawg
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat